Tyrael's Mighty Breakdown - Item Find Thread September 2015

Saw some people running LK and got the itch. Rolled a decent map and pumped out a thousand runs or so. Losing my mind again. Didn't do too well, but making progress towards that infinity. 1/16th of the way :/

View attachment 3454

Last edited:
Saw some people running LK and got the itch. Rolled a decent map and pumped out a thousand runs or so. Losing my mind again. Didn't do too well, but making progress towards that infinity. 1/16th of the way :/

You got 3 high runes, that's pretty good in my book. Why the sadness?

You got 3 high runes, that's pretty good in my book. Why the sadness?

The long road ahead is glaring at me. Might just bust out my old stashes. I mean why start from scratch anyways.

Last edited:
Once you have everything it is no fun. Struggling to get that next 16th is what is fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you are always restarting? I'm 8 years in (With frequent, yearly long breaks, admittedly.) and have not acquired everything yet. Still struggling on some basic stuff.

So you are always restarting? I'm 8 years in (With frequent, yearly long breaks, admittedly.) and have not acquired everything yet. Still struggling on some basic stuff.

No. I've only restarted once, like a week ago. I haven't played in a few years and thought it would be fun. I just rooted through my old hard drive and found all my junk, though. So I think I'll pick it back up. I have so much in these stashes I just spent the last hour going through them. I think I'll sort them out since it's a mess right now. I have like 14 stashes, here's a sample of their names:

10kpindle, ATSummer2013, AThon, Cowthon, LK10k, Pindlethon, TriathlonPindle, like 3 sorcygearholders, Countess, P Gems, Cubing, Sagestash, LKToday, and more. It's gross. I just made my gomule report - I'm 38 items away from my grail. Still a ways to go.

Off topic, if you have any advice for how to organize your GoMule stashes I'm all ears.

This is how I organize my Gomule and I am quite satisfied. I would like to see how other players organize their stashes too.

Untitled-1_zpsnelhba4b.jpg

I don't have a fancy screenshot but I put everything in one big stash called: 'Gates of Babylon'. You can filter, so why take the time to sort everything? Unless you want a precise count of certain things at all times. Oh wait, I found a screenshot:
latest

I'm somewhere between you guys, having one big stash makes it too long to open so I divided it into smaller stashes but I still often use the filter option (GoMule ftw). I have: Base Items (+runewords), Charms, Craft material (mostly junk jewels), Gems, Grail (Sets, Uniques), Magic&Rare (crafts too), Runes.

I used to have stashes for uniques, sets, rares, charms, runes etc, but I made the experience that it just makes sense to order them by purpose, as I'm browsing through my stuff by body slots and ATMA is ordering it in that manner anyway. Therefore, I ended up with 3 stashes:

#1: Crafting/cubing
#2: Leveling
#3: Stuff (including valuable socket fillers other than those for #1)

I stopped piling up things which belong into #1, it just has minimum reserves for spontaneous crafting or cubing, like when I find a good nonmagical item which needs sockets or a cheap runeword. I'm usually not keeping junk jewels or spare gems from the 3 gem recipe, as long as I don't have the matching rune for a matching, useful crafting recipe. Likeweise, I'm not keeping Spirit/Insight runes (except Amn and Tal which I upgrade to Sol [chipped amethyst needed] and Ral, respectively), as long as there's no Hel or 3 Dol + chipped emerald or even a socketable item available.

I neded more than 10 years to get rid of the worst of my packrat habits. I'm only keeping items which are useful and if they which aren't, they will have to be really rare... kind of "2 socket CoA rare". All the rest is dropped. That includes grail items. For me, picking them up, recognizing them and striking them off the list is enough. BTW, just Mang Song's and Griffon's are missing for me, so striking them off isn't needed on paper anymore :)

Stuff like this is even greater mess when you play previous versions. It's not really clean list because I didn't play d2 for ages, but with previous versions, HC/SC split and all, you get something like this.
It's not cleared, some stashes should be merged, like those 7k flawless gems in that stash, but it's trimmed down to bare essentials.
rNyuJxV.png

EDIT: formating = hard

My stashes are formatted like this:

treasure-chest.gif

Edit: ooops I forgot to add all my 1.07 stuff!

treasure.jpg

BTW, just Mang Song's and Griffon's are missing for me, so striking them off isn't needed on paper anymore :)

A Griffon dropped for us from Baal in a 2009 MP game back when I was hosting in. I remember clearly, Nepeta was in that game, Amazon with pink armor (Tal Rasha). Nobody really wanted it so everyone let me have it, I was so happy to get it I was planning a Javazone at the time. I stashed it in an ATMA stash and now restarting recently I tried to open the stash and it was empty. Something must have happened when moving it from another hard drive. Sad to say I lost my Griffon eye and most of my other treasures, a good chunk of my grail, too.

OH well, back in the saddle now.

Ended the testing for my project today. Disclaimer screenshot from my project and from my non legit character (has been deleted now).

I'll post the haul from over 4k test runs of lower kurast from my project. I left the runes on the ground and deleted the character afterwards, but I still would like to share this here. In the end I ran for nothing :D.View attachment 3455

I have most of my stuff in one stash call "stuff_2", because I had to recover it once before.

I have low runes and junk jewels in "Crafting Supplies"

I have a "PGems" stash to facilitate trading
a "Rejuv" stash for topping off pots
a stash for "MF gear" that I never use and mostly just have 6 and 7% charms, Chancies, Goldwrap etc
And then individual stashes for each tournament character and project I'm working on with my sept just called "The Project"

I'll post the haul from over 4k test runs of lower kurast from my project. I left the runes on the ground and deleted the character afterwards, but I still would like to share this here. In the end I ran for nothing :D

All those wasted runes, NoooOOOoooOOoo!! Why didn't you do it with a legit char! T_T

Also, what in the blue hell is a Re Rune? o_O

Good question, in my project I added "trophy runes". Trophy runes are runes that are just being very rare. Implimented them because 1.13 removed "the very rare runes" A Re rune has a droprate of 1/6895 and is 1.5 times more rare as a 1.13 Zod (145 per milion zod has 193 / milion)! I needed a quick result (still took me a week) of lower kurast to see if a nerf was in order or not. That haul was the result. (Moddisclaimer: Projectrelated)

Last edited:
Good question, in my project I added "thropy runes". Thropy runes are runes that are just being very rare. Implimented them because 1.13 removed "the very rare runes" A Re rune has a droprate of 1/6895 and is 1.5 times more rare as a 1.13 Zod (145 per milion zod has 193 / milion)! I needed a quick result (still took me a week) of lower kurast to see if a nerf was in order or not. That haul was the result. (Moddisclaimer: Projectrelated)

Nice one, although I think "trophy runes" might be a better name for them ;)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High