Tyrael's Mighty Breakdown - Item Find Thread September 2015

Well each of those thunder mauls is 50% chance so should be double the rarity of each 9.3er individually but to get ONE of them is equivalent to 9.3er, iirc (edit: I mean score-wise). I'm sure azurewrath and stormlash use the same logic even if we score them not nearly as rarely.

*shrug*

Last edited:
Well each of those thunder mauls is 50% chance so should be double the rarity of each 9.3er individually but to get ONE of them is equivalent to 9.3er, iirc (edit: I mean score-wise). I'm sure azurewrath and stormlash use the same logic even if we score them not nearly as rarely.

*shrug*

Well yes, logic on rarity is clear, but it is still kinda "shocking" that such crap items could actually be rarer than Fathom, and we all know Fathom is kinda rare item.

Scores on MFO are adjusted to the system. Scoring based on rarity per item would make no sense there. In that case Templar's should be like 12 pointer (it is harder to find than say Griffon cuz unique SA is equally hard to find as unique Diadem, but not all unique SA are Templar's while all unique Diadems are Griffon's...), and Tyrael would be 90+ pointer. Actually pretty much old system would be in play + Earth shifter and Basher would be 18.6 pointers and not 9.3. Anyway, interesting stuff.

That is the thing what I commented on Templar's and Tyrael's. Templar's are 12.5% rarer than other 10.7 pointers and Tyrael's is 8 times as rare as Templar's as it should be. So I guess rarest items are this then (with 0 MF from pitboss and including only elite items):

Tyrael's Might 1:1068141
Stormlash 1:377318
Death's Web 1:309271
Astreon's 1:308494
Mang 1:308494
Schaefer's 1:256036
The Redeemer 1:216446
Heaven's Light 1:216446
Darkforce Spawn 1:214346
Cranium Basher 1:205662
Earth Shifter 1:205662
Death's Fathom 1:185718
Azurewrath 1:173329
Ravenlore 1:162064
Dragonscale 1:161386
Spirit Keeper 1:157028
Templar's Might 1:133518
Veil of Steel 1:125836
Nightwing's Veil 1:125836
Cerebus Bite 1:122060
Griffon's, CoA, Steelrend, Shadow Dancers 1:118682

Nightwing's Veil rarer than Griffons! Kinda cool.

lightsabre # 23 in a row = 0.6% chance. Sigh

Got unique drops from the AT chest two runs in a row, which was neat.

I think I had over 30 rolls on Spirit shields before I got 35% fcr on it, but I got another 35% one at the first attempt of the next one :).

According to drop calc., Azurewrath is only 7% less rare than Death's Fathom. Not sure is that right or not. Seems suspicious. Same calc says Stormlash is rarer than Death's Web. It does seem to get rarity of Templar's and Tyrael's right, so dunno... I didn't know some things are this rare. Earth Shifter and Cranium Basher are also supposedly rarer than Fathom... Strange. I assume something is wrong with this dropcalc or I just have no idea about rarity of some things. Maybe cuz I found tons of Azurewraths and Earth Shifters and only few Fathoms, but something is fishy there.

For which monster is it 7% less rare then DF? The two items are difficult to compare with respect to that because their TCs are rather much apart from each other. Your comparison probably includes only monsters which can drop both and I guess those monsters aren't the best choices for getting Azurewrath. That would be hell Meph (best "Azurewrath per unit of time" quota) who cannot drop items from beyond TC78, like DF.

I watched only most popular MF targets in the game in regards of finding such items, namely alvl85. Normally for example Cerebus Bite is also rarer than Griffon's, but such item can also drop in Travincal so it is normal that people have more Bites than Griffon's.

Also, rarity of some other items is also different. For example, Crown of Ages is definitely more rare than other 10.7 pointers (excluding Templar's) for reason that it is qlvl 86 item meaning regular monsters in AT/Pit can't drop it, but only champions and bosses. Griffon and rest of company can be dropped from regular monsters also. There are many variables present, so I compared only alvl85 bosses since those are most popular farming targets, while Meph is only for like 1k runs until you farm "something".

Found a yawn rune I mean gul rune and this beauty

Fine Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0xeb0cf9f1
Item Level: 88
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+3 to Maximum Damage
+11 to Attack Rating
+20 to Life

Still it's a Death's Web ... I only ever found one, which was 1 / 46 or something like that.

Ditto, I only have 1 DW, but at least I have several Azurewraths...:p

Found this "grailer":

RoF%20-%20Spirit%20Ward%20001_zpswcnew9xw.jpg

[HIGHLIGHT]
Funny story:[/HIGHLIGHT] I had actually found this before from Baal so it's not really a grailer as such. My brain mistakenly interpreted it as 'The Ward' which is of course a Gothic Shield...I think you can see where this is going...anyway I ended up leaving it on the floor because there was something else that caught my eye, so I left a TC84 that I needed for my grail on the floor and then clicked save and exit!:oops:

This time I picked it up and it puts me at -8 on the grail table (incidentally that's what prompted me to add myself in that thread)

Right,

The Spirit Ward Ward and The Ward Gothic Shield
Dragonscale Zakarum Shield and Herald of Zakarum Gilded Shield
Io Rune and Lo Rune

All confusing ;)

Whoa I really did find something very rare today when testing my project.

Edited by user as I am going to create a different itemthread for my variant. Post can be deleted.

Last edited:
Post edited by user to prevent going too much offtopic, going to make a different topic about the itemfinds on my version. (post can be deleted).

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High