The John Constantine Halloween Mafia Game (Game Over, Town Win Day 6)

@Pyrotechnican @D2DC

Apparently last night, I got some lines crossed in my brain's switchboard. Should have used quotes, but when I thought Pyro had said "I have a night result on logo that may have prevented his night action" it was actually DC. Sorry.

Not sure what banished could mean. Maybe a vote mechanic? Maybe when I am "unbanished" perhaps I will return changed, altered, or modified in some way? Awaken latent powers, or perhaps, worse?

Apparently according to the wiki, I stand corrected. You don't have to call no Homo.

Sexuality[edit]​

Constantine is bisexual, which was first established in a 1992 comic that referred offhandedly to his having ex-girlfriends and ex-boyfriends. Early stories exclusively showed him dating women, although Brian Azzarello's Ashes & Dust in the City of Angels showed him as having relationships with men, as well.[20][21][22] His romantic relationships in the New 52 have included numerous partners, most significantly Zatanna, as well as the sorcerer Nick Necro; all have been fraught with distrust and mutual disappointments. The relaunch Constantine the Hellblazer #1 (2015) reaffirmed Constantine's bisexuality through his interactions with male and female characters in the issue.[23] Later issues of Constantine the Hellblazer depicted John falling in love with a male bartender named Oliver, whom he dated.[24][25] In the 2020 movie Justice League Dark: Apokolips War, Constantine reveals that King Shark is his ex.[26] Mairghread Scott, a co-writer on the movie, discussed this with Comic Book Resources.[27]

Yes. Gorny seemed to take a bit of pleasure in teasing me about having to play a homosexual role in some of our pre-game banter. My character is not listed in your text, by the way.

As I said earlier, roles and names will generally mean less as far as being totally AI. Especially in regards to newer story arcs vs. older and which were used as source material, etc. These comics get pretty convoluted, especially if you get any crossover.

ADDENDUM TO ABOVE:
Obviously, some things will be AI... pretty sure there aren't any protagonist demons, for example, but there COULD BE antagonist angels, etc.

However, my point is more we will probably get further examining the interactions and mechanics we know, than speculating on alignment based on lore.

Yes. Gorny seemed to take a bit of pleasure in teasing me about having to play a homosexual role in some of our pre-game banter. My character is not listed in your text, by the way.
So, your character is homosexual, but NOT Constantine?

I don't know. I only know my character is an "occasional lover" of John Constantine. I'd really have to do some digging to find out the answer to your question, and I don't think that's relevant to the game, so I will not be doing that.

Just want to make sure I follow. You guys are losing me. Also, @zemaj what the heck is AI? I mean, I know skynet etc, but its not making sense to me from what youre saying..
It's what most blondes are....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ok, we are starting to get down to crunch time here. To me, it seems there are a few avenues we might pursue:

Zemaj jailed Luhkoh:
Luhkoh already had a strike against him from the 3 of 8 "slip up" and Tears coming to his defense. Being locked up and no NK looks bad, but is still circumstantial. While I believe Zemaj's claim to be truthful, there is no guarantee that a Jailer is actually Town. It took a while, but Luhkoh came out with some detailed info, which rang true with me. However, he claimed to be "the one who sees", when that would make perfect sense for Noodle (a cop) to be "the one who sees". Could Luhkoh just be putting out info that he knows nobody can contradict?

D2DC banished Logo:
It's not quite as clear to me what this means in comparison to Zemaj's claim, but I believe it to be the same/similar effect. If Logo didn't go anywhere last night, and of course nobody died, again this looks bad but is still circumstantial. Both Luhkoh and Logo could be Mafia/jailed, and the NK still could have gone through. On the other hand, they could both be Town, and the NK got stopped through some other means. These results aren't necessarily AI (look at me, using new words!) XD

Voting record:
There is certainly a lot more activity today. First, we have the aggro Pyro vs Leo scuffle. That seemed a bit contrived, and then disappeared rather quickly. Then, there was the train on Luhkoh: (Zemaj, Tears and Leo). Worth noting, Pyro and Tears both removed votes when I voiced my concern about scum piling on to loose votes. Likewise, Logo withheld from voting on the Luhkoh train when he had the chance. As was already pointed out, the fact that no lock was achieved may mean that some scum were already on that train, or not online (Pyro).

Zemaj's suggestion we get back to "reads":
I don't really know what else to consider here other than what I've already posted. I am not as good at picking up on subtle clues, or bread crumbs etc. I tend to need PRs, claims, and voting patterns to be able to reach any good conclusions.

Ok, we are starting to get down to crunch time here. To me, it seems there are a few avenues we might pursue:

Zemaj jailed Luhkoh:
Luhkoh already had a strike against him from the 3 of 8 "slip up" and Tears coming to his defense. Being locked up and no NK looks bad, but is still circumstantial. While I believe Zemaj's claim to be truthful, there is no guarantee that a Jailer is actually Town. It took a while, but Luhkoh came out with some detailed info, which rang true with me. However, he claimed to be "the one who sees", when that would make perfect sense for Noodle (a cop) to be "the one who sees". Could Luhkoh just be putting out info that he knows nobody can contradict?

D2DC banished Logo:
It's not quite as clear to me what this means in comparison to Zemaj's claim, but I believe it to be the same/similar effect. If Logo didn't go anywhere last night, and of course nobody died, again this looks bad but is still circumstantial. Both Luhkoh and Logo could be Mafia/jailed, and the NK still could have gone through. On the other hand, they could both be Town, and the NK got stopped through some other means. These results aren't necessarily AI (look at me, using new words!) XD

Voting record:
There is certainly a lot more activity today. First, we have the aggro Pyro vs Leo scuffle. That seemed a bit contrived, and then disappeared rather quickly. Then, there was the train on Luhkoh: (Zemaj, Tears and Leo). Worth noting, Pyro and Tears both removed votes when I voiced my concern about scum piling on to loose votes. Likewise, Logo withheld from voting on the Luhkoh train when he had the chance. As was already pointed out, the fact that no lock was achieved may mean that some scum were already on that train, or not online (Pyro).

Zemaj's suggestion we get back to "reads":
I don't really know what else to consider here other than what I've already posted. I am not as good at picking up on subtle clues, or bread crumbs etc. I tend to need PRs, claims, and voting patterns to be able to reach any good conclusions.
Psh, bit contrived, mark my words when Leo turns out to be scummy mcscummy. Notice how shes been MIA for a while now, but had the time to point out to Gorny that Noodle's role had already been revealed so he couldn't replace him but didn't bother to show up in the game thread. Not that I like using mod interactions for reasoning but you get my drift.

Psh, bit contrived, mark my words when Leo turns out to be scummy mcscummy. Notice how shes been MIA for a while now, but had the time to point out to Gorny that Noodle's role had already been revealed so he couldn't replace him but didn't bother to show up in the game thread. Not that I like using mod interactions for reasoning but you get my drift.
this was because I knew she was at work at the time and texted her the question on replacing the Pastaman's slot.

I´m just wondering? The whole Zemaj + Luhkoh interaction still holds true? There was nothing that would proof otherwise?

I see we are edging towards another no lynch.. :rolleyes:

Here is my best guess. Vote train on Luhkoh was Zemaj, Tears, Leo. I and Logo did not vote, and Pyro was not online.
  • Zero scum votes on the train seems unlikely unless Luhkoh is scum. This would leave a Luhkoh, Pyro, Logo team unwilling to lynch a partner.
  • One scum on the train probably means the two remaining scum werent online/couldnt coordinate. Or, again Luhkoh is scum.
  • Two scum on the train would explain why they didnt pile on. 5 votes needed for a lock.
  • Three scum on the train is possible, but seems an almost unbelievably audacious play.
To me, Leo and Tears votes are more suspect than Zemaj. Although it could just an aggressive play on his part to get a town lynch over the line.

One thing I picked up re-reading that sequence was post #116 Tears states that the one thing holding him back was what I said about loose votes. Then a few mins later, in post #127, he votes anyway.. Even though he removed the vote when I asked, the whole thing seems odd to say least.

Vote: Tears85

Vote Count 2.1:

Luhkoh: 2 (Leopold Stotch, Zemaj)
Tears85: 1 (D2R2D2DC)

This is what I got, I'm inclined to believe that we shouldn't be going after Luhkoh, slip ups aside he claims to be the one who sees, no one has come forth to contradict this. The only possiblity is that was Noodle's role, but that sounds like a gambit move trying pick the role of the only possible dead guy which wasn't through a mafia kill, so I think the scum would have as information as us on his reveal.

I can see scumminess inbetween Tears, Leo, and Logout for various reasons. Leo was unwilling to vote yesterday for Tears, but was quick to throw down on Lukkoh when information that zemaj possibly blocked the kill came out on him. Tears was also quick to follow with a vote, and then the voting stalled completely which seems to indicate that there were not enough scum votes left to push for the lynch/lock at that time. Logout gets tossed into the mix as scummy due to the "banish" interaction with D2DC, he claims to be John's on again off again lover, but never really comes out and mentions if his role/name lines up with one of those in the opening story post. Since my name/role lines up to one of those mentioned in the story post and so does Lukkoh's and there are enough "names" in the list for each of us I'd take a wager that logout could be the "one who cheats" or one of the other devious names in the list. I think I'd be fine with a lynch of any of the three. Although I think we might benefit most from a Logout or Tears lynch.

I was highly into PD2 today, but servers down again...... on the changing my mind thing.....this happend all the time, and than I feel horrible. This time I´m half way fine, since I feel I´m playin better than last time. Last time I just had the luck that the game was basically sealed for us! Nevertheless, I´ll have to reread. What made me go for the vote was Pyro stating we have to bring lynches in!

I´m getting more and more the feeling there are more than 2 parties in this game! Is this even possible? Thing is I´m wondering about the same D2DC is pointing out.......I am town, Zemaj feels like town to me, and so does Leo.....Leo less than Zamaj.....but why the heck didn´t a lynch occure than?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High