The John Constantine Halloween Mafia Game (Game Over, Town Win Day 6)

Suspicious AF.

Also....

"Your Honor, I object!"
"Under what grounds?"
"Because it's devastating to my case!"
"Overruled."
"Good call!"
/sits down

The Pen is Blue. The god damn pen is blue. I don't care if you think I'm suspicious, suspicious one.

Protects and blocks all actions on/by a target. So, the fact that you were "locked up" last night, and no one died is pretty suspicious.

I think his claim is pretty legit. The reason nobody is contradicting him is probably because he IS the jailkeeper.. Now, jailkeeper could be either town OR mafia.

Maybe more experienced players can offer more advice. But, I don't think Mafia typically just offer up false claims without any pressure. They may make something up when forced to claim, or assume the identity/role of a player they've NK'd, but we already know Noodle's role. So, unless someone comes forward to contradict him, it's pretty safe to assume he is the Jailkeeper.

I was hoping for a bit more of a defense from you. "The one who does nothing" or "The one who is a regular townie" was not one of Gorny's descriptions.. 🤨

No, they don't typically offer up false claims without pressure, but jailkeeper as said by zemaj himself is an iffy role. It protects whoever you target, but also blocks them from doing anything, so it sounds fantastic to protect power roles, but then they can't perform their night actions, making it half useful, and half not. The typical use of the role is exactly as he is using it, which is jailkeeping suspected scum in hopes that it stops the night kill. The fault in this logic is that sometimes something "outside" of the person being "jail kept" stops the kill, and in a game like this where its now apparent there are multiple power roles something else could have prevented it. Its also a non standard game, so who knows what else could be included. That being said if the scum thing they can make a solid claim that won't be questioned much they probably will (at some point).

Ok got it on the jailkeeper. That is indeed interesting. Was quite confused, but if he's mafia jailkeeper that makes sense to me.

Also I'm an idiot, feel like I've botched this first game. I'm "the one who sees" and have not been using my clairvoyant power... for no reason at all. Misunderstood it for some reason, but not any good reason. Anyways if I manage to live through the day somehow, I will actually start using my powers I promise :p.

But yeah I mean what kind of good defense do I have? If you look at it from the lens of me being a townie who immediately made themselves look like mafia for no reason at all, what is there to say? Definitely annoyed I did that, but I'm too confused about what's really going on to come up with good defenses.

What does the stuff mean about dropping a vote? Afraid the day will end prematurely from a lock or what?

Lastly, why are the mafia not killing anyone? What are all the possible explanations from this OTHER than zemaj blocking me. I absolutely understand why I'm under suspicion, that seems like the simplest explanation. But I know that's not the real explanation and can't come up with a guess at what's really going on.

Some of the others have answered some of these, but I saw you still had the last point unanswered. I highly doubt the mafia are not trying to kill someone, just that they are trying, and failing. There could be multiple reasons for this, and not necessarily just because you were jail kept, like for example I have an idea of why when the lead blanket was thrown at me on night 1 that it missed, but I don't see a reason to share that right now but I am keen to the idea that multiple actions are happening at night.

P.S. I know you are new, but yeah, if you aren't scum, you should probably be sending your actions in every night...

To me this implicates the people already voting.. If scum already have a vote or two on the train, they can't pile on to lock yet.

Just trying to make sure everyone has a chance to put out their info and/or defend themselves. After seeing Zemaj's claim, my info is starting to make some sense.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner here folks. Either they don't have enough votes to secure the lock because they already have some of their votes on the person in question or they aren't currently all online/available to coordinate it.

Reactions: Luhkoh
I wasn't overly surprised at no NK on night 0. It would have seemed odd to me to start a game, and then a player loses, before they even begin to play.. Night 1, however, we are trying to figure that out. I am quite sure @Gorny is the only person that knows for sure, and is taking quite a bit of delight in the mayhem/confusion he is causing.

I don't think there is an issue. You are both saying the same thing. If Luhkoh flips seer, then nobody could/would claim seer from that point forward.

I have a result on Logo that I think is very similar to Zemaj's result on Luhkoh. I believe my action may have prevented him from performing anything last night.

I think it just seems odd because its been so long that we've started a mafia game on a night phase that it seems unusual now. Games starting with night phases were common a long while ago and could be used as a way to balance a game. We eventually shifted to doing either a day start, or what I would like to call a twilight start (where there was a day but no votes), so that everyone could participate at least a little before being potentially killed off.

Gotcha. So no guarantee that mafia even had a chance to kill on night 0? That would make the "someone protected pyro" thing much less telling.

Not that you have any reason to believe me, but I asked about this since I was curious at the game start. I was told that it was a standard night, so I assumed that it meant all players would be able to perform their normal night actions including the mafia night kill. If town players could perform their night actions on night 1, but mafia couldn't kill, that would essentially give the town a night of free actions before game start, which is not typically normal.

Basically what I'm saying is if everyone was able to perform their night actions on what I would really call Night 1 (not night zero because actions could be taken), then by default mafia would be able to perform their actions as well. Last night would have then been night 2.

I don't know. I can't remember if I've ever played a game with a jailer. Maybe someone else will know.

But, yea usually if you attempt a night action and get blocked, you would get a message letting you know it failed/was blocked.

Well, I am not entirely sure what my powers are.. Gorny has told me that I have "hidden" and "passive" powers. But, would not give me any info when I questioned him.

My result on Logo last night said that he was "banished". I thought I may have NK'd him, but he is still here. So, my thinking is that I jailed/blocked him as well.

For a jailer, this depends on the mod....if you performed an action, sometimes the mod would send a message back indicating that the action failed or could not be completed, some take the position of not giving any information back at all. Either way if you performed an action or not, I highly doubt you would receive a message specifically saying "you were jailed" as it gives away another person's role.

@Pyrotechnician makes sense to me on night 0 vs night 1. Those actions seem to specific to me for gorny to have just made them up for flair. And yeah of course I should've been using my powers every night. Don't know what to say, other than I think I should get less dumb with these game quickly.

Well, this has certainly been interesting. Lots of good info... or at least info that can be sifted later, anyway.

However, aside from @D2DC and his auto-interaction with @logoutzero, does anyone have any significant reason to believe I DID NOT stop the NK? If so, I'm slightly less keen on nixing @Luhkoh, and am quite keen on following @D2DC with his read. The term 'banished' in particular strongly indicates nothing good for town, in this cosmos...

That said, @Luhkoh still holds my vote. I'm not impressed by his 'defense' which amounted to OMGUS and "lol, I'm such a newb!" Not buying it... I've read your D2 threads and you don't convince me you totally jumped in this cold, with no research. ;p

Vote Count 2.0

Luhkoh: 2 (Zemaj, Leopold Stotch)

Votes tallied to post #189

@Luhkoh, I would rather that you do not "Like" posts using the like feature included in each posts. The reason for this is because once upon a time on the old boards, we had someone attempt to influence a game after they were dead by liking various posts. Noting personal and you aren't out of line or anything, we don;t want a repeat of that. If you have any questions, feel free to PM and I will provide more of an explanation.

@all: its not underline and bold posts, it's underline only. The reason being that for some reason with the new forum upgrade, it's really hard to tell is something is bolded or not, so I went with underline instead. Seems to work better too.

@HuckIt is spectating this game, including QT threads.

@Pyrotechnician
@Leopold Stotch
@Tears85
@Luhkoh
@D2DC
@logoutzero
@zemaj

I'm going to start following a policy that Mafiascum does, that is, rather than just plain modkill a player in a particular slot, I will seek to replace that player with someone before declaring a modkill.

As to Noodle's role in this game, I had thought to seek replacement (right before i started typing), but as it's sudden, I'll take a yay or nay vote from the remaining players before looking for someone.

Feel free to respond to the question here, majority yay or nay decides it,

The replacement (if so happens) cannot be @HuckIt because he has access to the QT threads already.

@Pyrotechnician
@Leopold Stotch
@Tears85
@Luhkoh
@D2DC
@logoutzero
@zemaj

I'm going to start following a policy that Mafiascum does, that is, rather than just plain modkill a player in a particular slot, I will seek to replace that player with someone before declaring a modkill.

As to Noodle's role in this game, I had thought to seek replacement (right before i started typing), but as it's sudden, I'll take a yay or nay vote from the remaining players before looking for someone.

Feel free to respond to the question here, majority yay or nay decides it,

The replacement (if so happens) cannot be @HuckIt because he has access to the QT threads already.

@all: Please disregard what I said about replacing Noodle, Leopold Stotch pointed out that i had already revealed his role and alignment, which means I cannot sub anoyone into the slot.

I'll keep this in mind in the future.

Wow. Lots of dots to connect... I haven't even started.

I'd be interested to know what Pyro got on me, if anything. I realize there's no way I can ask for it, without it seeming scummy, so here goes.

I'm fairly certain I'm a "good guy" in the source. I'm not familiar at all, but my provided reading says that I am an ally and lover of John Constantine. John Constantine kills demons, at least in the video our host provided for setting. I don't have any powers, or if I do, I am unaware of them.

I need some time to really dig into this mess y'all left while I was at work, be back in a bit.

By the way, I am not claiming Vanilla Townie. I have a role, but no power. My role, on the surface seems like a troll. Worse than babysitter who can only protect innocent children, and only one of them in game.

@zemaj I'm glad you think my D2 posts show I shouldn't play like such a newb. Because I'm flabbergasted how I've managed to do so so badly. I will defend myself enough to say I don't think I've done hardly any OMGUS at all. I didn't lash out at anyone for saying they would vote for me because I think it's understandable. The only one who I feel like I have any read on is you, because of aggressive posting on the "3 in 8 thing" and more importantly, because it seems unlikely to me you're a town jailkeeper who thinks they blocked a mafia action.

@Gorny absolutely understood on the likes. I've become so used to using the feature automatically that I didn't even think about it.

Well, this has certainly been interesting. Lots of good info... or at least info that can be sifted later, anyway.

However, aside from @D2DC and his auto-interaction with @logoutzero, does anyone have any significant reason to believe I DID NOT stop the NK? If so, I'm slightly less keen on nixing @Luhkoh, and am quite keen on following @D2DC with his read. The term 'banished' in particular strongly indicates nothing good for town, in this cosmos...

That said, @Luhkoh still holds my vote. I'm not impressed by his 'defense' which amounted to OMGUS and "lol, I'm such a newb!" Not buying it... I've read your D2 threads and you don't convince me you totally jumped in this cold, with no research. ;p

I believer there is a possibility that you didn't stop the kill, but its hard to know for certain. Banished usually isn't a friendly term but typically you would banish demons would you not? So I guess it could be either or? I have no clue, I wish I knew more of the lore.

Wow. Lots of dots to connect... I haven't even started.

I'd be interested to know what Pyro got on me, if anything. I realize there's no way I can ask for it, without it seeming scummy, so here goes.

I'm fairly certain I'm a "good guy" in the source. I'm not familiar at all, but my provided reading says that I am an ally and lover of John Constantine. John Constantine kills demons, at least in the video our host provided for setting. I don't have any powers, or if I do, I am unaware of them.

I need some time to really dig into this mess y'all left while I was at work, be back in a bit.

Not to correct you or anything, but I got notta on you, you are going to have to go to D2DC on that.

Unless John is Leo (which I doubt) in this game you are going to have to call No Homo, just saying.

Unless John is Leo (which I doubt) in this game you are going to have to call No Homo, just saying.

Apparently according to the wiki, I stand corrected. You don't have to call no Homo.

Sexuality[edit]​

Constantine is bisexual, which was first established in a 1992 comic that referred offhandedly to his having ex-girlfriends and ex-boyfriends. Early stories exclusively showed him dating women, although Brian Azzarello's Ashes & Dust in the City of Angels showed him as having relationships with men, as well.[20][21][22] His romantic relationships in the New 52 have included numerous partners, most significantly Zatanna, as well as the sorcerer Nick Necro; all have been fraught with distrust and mutual disappointments. The relaunch Constantine the Hellblazer #1 (2015) reaffirmed Constantine's bisexuality through his interactions with male and female characters in the issue.[23] Later issues of Constantine the Hellblazer depicted John falling in love with a male bartender named Oliver, whom he dated.[24][25] In the 2020 movie Justice League Dark: Apokolips War, Constantine reveals that King Shark is his ex.[26] Mairghread Scott, a co-writer on the movie, discussed this with Comic Book Resources.[27]

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High