D2R General Chat

How do you guys work teleport and quick cast? It gave me a tremendous and immediate hate reaction, so I shut it off right away.
I've been playing hammerdin with that. For that purpose it works quite nicely. I can just swap the aura and with hammers on left click teleport and main attack are aimed in the same direction/spot.

Don't know if it would work with fb sorceress for example. I've always loved that D2 isn't a "piano arpg" where you just press a button for 4-8 skills once off cooldown or just spam aimlessly as many skills as possible. I felt a little dirty trying out pressing just F4 to teleport to be honest...

1639205645202.png

Latest patch notes on D2R. Does this mean the vipers in Nihlatak's Temple won't instagib poor key farmers anymore?

Anyone know when the patch is out on Switch?
I bought it recently and wanted to use the players 8 setting ,but cant find it in my version.

Its been on switch for a while now. Players setting is in options, the rightmost tab (i Think gameplay?) the lowest setting

I dont have it in my version (1.0.0.8, in game it says v 1.1.6766 TEST )
and it wont update, because it says its up to date.

strange. might have to try and reinstall.

Thats odd, my version numbers are almost identical (in game it looks like 1.1.671766 to me)

Its in game settings, it's called "offline difficulty scaling". It's there both in game and out of game, but can only be adjusted in game

One other possibility, and I hesitate to mention it because I can't verify it, is that it might be a bug if your version is up to date.

I've seen on reddit immediately after the latest patch that there can be a bug on consoles where it doesn't appear (Xbox for sure and I think Switch also). The bug supposedly was known by Blizzard and occurred if you'd never made/played an online character. If you haven't yet, you might make one just to see if the /players setting will then show up.

Again, I don't know how accurate this is but might be worth mentioning.

• Love
Reactions: lizard
One other possibility, and I hesitate to mention it because I can't verify it, is that it might be a bug if your version is up to date.

I've seen on reddit immediately after the latest patch that there can be a bug on consoles where it doesn't appear (Xbox for sure and I think Switch also). The bug supposedly was known by Blizzard and occurred if you'd never made/played an online character. If you haven't yet, you might make one just to see if the /players setting will then show up.

Again, I don't know how accurate this is but might be worth mentioning.
I tried your suggestion and it worked, created an online character, joined an online game (had to start switch online trial) and the menuoption appeared. Very strange, because you can only use it in offline mode. Dont know if it works without actually going online and just simply creating a character, but now i can adjust player setting. Yay

Thanks for the suggestion @Triple Helix .

Reactions: Triple Helix
If there a definitive list of which D2X bugs have been patched in D2R? Or since? Cloak of Shadows? Arctic breath/Inferno? Leap attack/Charge?

I think most people are? :)

So am I getting this right, they took a couple of months to come up with a patch where
  • Player settings still reset to 1
  • Throw doesn't stick to LMB (back to melee attack when making a new game).
  • Force move cannot be bound to LMB, in other words completely useless for teleporting chars = vast majority.
  • No performance improvements (loading times)
  • But hey we get quick cast yay (y)
Didn't expect much and still somehow managed to get disappointed. :D

That "force move" thing is baffling: Implemented two mechanisms intended to allow players to move rather than do something else, and neither works properly. Impressive!
Now it looks like we’ll get balance changes and new runewords before optimization improvements and easy fixes... they’re gonna **** this up, I’m out. D2L is bae.

• Angry
Reactions: ffs
is there anything out there on average # enemies / area? base hunting for an eth thresher or CA; just trying to extrapolate out a little better. gonna try racking first before that tho

is there anything out there on average # enemies / area? base hunting for an eth thresher or CA; just trying to extrapolate out a little better. gonna try racking first before that tho
Not 100% sure but would imagine just running cows would be the best bet as far as monster quantity goes. Racks could be better but would need to find a rack with a good seed to drop threshers.

Not 100% sure but would imagine just running cows would be the best bet as far as monster quantity goes. Racks could be better but would need to find a rack with a good seed to drop threshers.
yeah I'm just going to do cows for now, still trying to figure out racking

yeah I'm just going to do cows for now, still trying to figure out racking
I was looking for an eth thresher recently for 4 sockets and I believe the cow level broke down to the best odds based on the numbers spawning. Found 2 or 3 there after several runs but never could get 4 sockets with the cube recipe. Got lucky with my LK map with one rack that spit out CAs and eventually got an eth 4os one to drop from it.

I've been playing d2r a bunch lately whenever I get some time...still not as much time as I would like but still fine. I've had decent luck with cube rolls, actually got a 4 soc monarch out of 1 of 2 I did so was happy enough with that.

I've been playing d2r a bunch lately whenever I get some time...still not as much time as I would like but still fine. I've had decent luck with cube rolls, actually got a 4 soc monarch out of 1 of 2 I did so was happy enough with that.

I'll need you to power level me in about 4 months from now.

kkthx bie

I was looking for an eth thresher recently for 4 sockets and I believe the cow level broke down to the best odds based on the numbers spawning. Found 2 or 3 there after several runs but never could get 4 sockets with the cube recipe. Got lucky with my LK map with one rack that spit out CAs and eventually got an eth 4os one to drop from it.
that's how it's been going so far for me so far; got a few nice drops though and some other bases so it's been worth it

random aside- I know the socket recipe won't work on superior weapons, but if they're socketed they can still be used for runewords right?

that's how it's been going so far for me so far; got a few nice drops though and some other bases so it's been worth it

random aside- I know the socket recipe won't work on superior weapons, but if they're socketed they can still be used for runewords right?
Yes, whether they dropped with those sockets or Larzuk added the max number.

Reactions: abridged
As far as I can see, the screenshot hotkey bug is not yet fixed - Is this correct or are they going to some obscure folder I have not yet found?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High