D2R General Chat

As far as I can see, the screenshot hotkey bug is not yet fixed - Is this correct or are they going to some obscure folder I have not yet found?
C:\Users\[yourusername]\Documents\Diablo II\Screenshots

Are they going here? Kinda a weird location for them, but that's where mine go.

C:\Users\[yourusername]\Documents\Diablo II\Screenshots
That's where they go when I have printscreen set as the screenshot keybind, but when I change it, the screenshots are nowhere to be found. (I also don't get that very small "pause" when I take the screen shot with anything other than printscreen.) So, it still seems broken.

Going to do 1k of NM Andriel in hopes of finding a SOJ and a Tal's ammy. Will likely turn the SOJ into a Anni if i find one. Also hopeing to find IK gloves and helm. I found the armor in the last MF tournament, but realized i haven't actually found all the other parts yet, lol.

EDIT: Found a SOJ already... might actually switch to hell Andy now as Tals ammy is similar odds on both and more can drop in hell... Did not expect to find one already. Will post a video in the item find thread!

Last edited:
I am admittedly extremely lazy about searching, so could someone give me an update on how D2R feels nowadays compared to LoD? I am mostly interested in load times and /players settings related things for MF purposes, as I mostly gave up on the game at launch due to those issues.

I am admittedly extremely lazy about searching, so could someone give me an update on how D2R feels nowadays compared to LoD? I am mostly interested in load times and /players settings related things for MF purposes, as I mostly gave up on the game at launch due to those issues.
I honestly think it is quite good.

1. player settings is a bit different than in Legacy. And it is different for consoles and PC.
1a. On PC, it resets every time to close the game - but to the player setting you added in the command line (either via the Game.exe shortcut or in the battle.net App - there is a command line option there, too). So you can add -players 8 to the command line and run Pindle at players 8 without having to type it every game.
1b. On consoles, you have to manually change the player setting in the options menu. Therefore it will not carry over after you S&E.

2. Loading times haven't improved that much. It's not the 30 seconds anymore it was in the beginning, bur for my 5 year old laptop it was constantly 12 seconds. I have a new Laptop now, and it is somewhere around 4 seconds loading time and 2-3 seconds to close a game. It is not as fast as Legacy, but I managed p8 Pindle runs sub 20 seconds constantly with my untwinked Blizzard sorceress. And you can move around in town while the loading screen shows. You have to get a feeling for the route in order not to get stuck in random town obstacles :)

3. Other stuff:
3a. They are about to make some gameplay changes, i.e. skill balancing for classes. If you haven't read about it yet, here's the link. They will test it on a PTR first. That does mean, that there will be gameplay changes and you won't be able to go back to previous D2R versions pre-balancing without external mods (which probably won't be allowed here and aren't developed yet). You even can't avoid those changes for good by starting the game offline only, because after 30 days you are required to connect to battle.net once. It will update automatically then as far as I know. But some tech savy might know a way to avoid that. They will add new runewords with ladders, too. They will be available after the end of the ladder for SP.

3b. They already did change some things: the not bugged Poison cloud bug for example is removed - it does no Poison damage instead of physical damage.

Overall, I enjoy D2R and the small changes they made so far and think that as long as they don't overdo the future balancing changes, I will stick with D2R mainly. because of the reasons above, I didn't forward my old characters/items though and did a clean restart.

Took a break from my necro and started a WW barb now that i have the full IK set. I know its not the best build to do it with but im thinking about using if for Chaos and Trav runs. Imagine it be ok long as im not cranking the player count up? Its been a long time since i played a WW barb and now that iron maiden is gone from there i think it be a good alternative to my blizz sorc just doing AT over and over.

Can anyone comment on how the quickcast affects paladin auras?

Is it finally possible to put auras on the 'lmb' so that you can hold down the right mouse button or another key and 'attack move' similar to how you can hold down frenzy on a barb?

Took a break from my necro and started a WW barb now that i have the full IK set. I know its not the best build to do it with but im thinking about using if for Chaos and Trav runs. Imagine it be ok long as im not cranking the player count up? Its been a long time since i played a WW barb and now that iron maiden is gone from there i think it be a good alternative to my blizz sorc just doing AT over and over.
They are very nice to play. Started one somewhere last year, but it's stuck at NM A3 at the moment. Like 3-4 other characters without teleport... :p

What is a good build or skill set a barb wielding a halberd should do? I know almost nothing about barbs as the furthest I’ve played with one is the middle of act ii normal. Currently I’m thinking about berserk, but I’ve also never ever tried whirlwind either. He’s going to be strictly limited to polearm class only.

I think that a whirl barb is very, very good for Trav, but it's very gear dependent. My trav runner in 1.14d is a whirlbarb (Grief/Oath), and he can handle /p7, though the merc dies kind-of a lot, even with near-perfect gear. I've never tried him in CS.

I think that a whirl barb is very, very good for Trav, but it's very gear dependent. My trav runner in 1.14d is a whirlbarb (Grief/Oath), and he can handle /p7, though the merc dies kind-of a lot, even with near-perfect gear. I've never tried him in CS.
Looking at the drop calculator the drop rates seem pretty close between /p7 and /p5. I might just stick with /p5 if its doable with IK set. Will see, still in NM, might try and push and finish hell on him this weekend as i really want to tinker with it.

Looking at the drop calculator the drop rates seem pretty close between /p7 and /p5. I might just stick with /p5 if its doable with IK set. Will see, still in NM, might try and push and finish hell on him this weekend as i really want to tinker with it.
As I recall, /p3 is optimal, so that's what I run. (In trav.)

As I recall, /p3 is optimal, so that's what I run. (In trav.)
Got up to Trav and able to use IK set, i might have been a tad ambitious in my thinking as i feel like IK is really only good at /p1. Still works though and will use it a bit and see if i have any luck. Will respec him down the like when i can get a grief and a few other items. Other issue with IK set is the cold damage so you cant hork everything but like i said its a good place to start. Merc melts usually so lots of room to grow there, but for now just going to go without him.

I've had more HRs drop from the council on /p1 than /p8, but that's just RNG I'm sure. Best hork I got was a recent Ist.

I do the same thing as you @Dudzy and leave my merc behind since he's only a brief distraction. :LOL: Still haven't found Guardian Angel but hope to give that a try one day and see if he survives better.

Question(s) about Ubers

So, my shock zealot is in WSK, and I may finish off Hell later today. I also have a riftsin in Act 5, for farming dkeys, but she'll take a bit more time to finish Hell (well, unless I drop it down to /p1). I'm thinking about what to do about the ubers.

I'm missing a lot of the ideal smiter items (I have drac's and a plain +43 zakarum shield for Rhyme maybe*), but I've done ubers on a strict budget before. I think I at least had HoZ at that time.

So, my main question is which build is likely better for running organs: riftsin, shock zealot (makeshift smiter), or light sorc? Any of those could have Infinity on the merc, but I also have Reaper's Toll. I think Lilith is the only mini uber that'll vaporize the merc.

I'm pretty sure that my riftsin would not have a good time in uber tristram, and I know that this depends a lot on gear. I'll be relying on items like upped Goblin Toe and the Black runeword for CB. The main benefit I see for the riftsin is that she can use Dragon Flight to run for organs a bit faster. Similarly, my light sorc might be the best organ runner I have. Has anyone tried running organs with a light sorc?

* Is Rhyme ideal if I don't have HoZ or Exile? (edit: no, it turns out. Rhyme is cheap, but Sanctuary is much better) I could make Sanctuary if I get 3os. I could also just stuff it with ias jewels if I need more ias for a BP. I haven't cubed it yet.

Edit: I also have this in 1.14d:

Sacred Rondache
Defense: 161
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 68 of 68
Required Level: 52
Required Strength: 109
Fingerprint: 0xf3755996
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
All Resistances +40
3 Sockets (0 used)

That would be better, but I prefer to not move many items forward (2 so far iirc).

Last edited:
Ahh, you are missing plenty basic gear. Why don't you try and trade for some stuff? ;)
For a Smiter, I would say Exile is all you need. If you can also afford Grief then you can fill the rest gear with pretty much anything you have.

I've used Dracul's and that 5% chance to cast is really unreliable and without Life Tap you are dead. If you can't afford Exile, you may want to keep a want with Life Tap charges in your inventory or equip Marrowalks which grants Life Tap charges. Yes, Black is a good cheap alternative. Same goes for Duress for the Body slot.

I made all my Organ runs with my Smiter. I haven't really tried any other character for it but Lilith can be deadly, not quite sure if you will be able to take her down with a caster since you will have to retreat sometimes and she will heal quite fast. I still suggest using a Smiter.
Izual may also sound easy but his melee attacks deal massive damage. The Mercenary won't survive with all those oblivion knights around casting Amplify and Decrepify. Basically, if you are not tanking the mini Ubers, the Mercenary will fall to all of them.

For the Uber Tristram I would suggest one point in Salvation when fighting Mephisto. Once he is gone, it's a matter of time for the other two.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High