D2R General Chat

I just finished NM with my riftsin, and I'll tell you h'what, Rift + Infinity in mid/late NM is just silly. I put the Infinity on the merc at level 64 (pAmmied Duriel's Shell for the str), and it'll be just a few more levels before I can put Treachery back on him.

I started Hell with /p7 still on, and the kill speed was pretty okay, even with mostly subpar gear (blue amulet, rare rings and boots). The problem I found was that my assassin was way too squishy to run /p7 in Hell. It would be doable, but there'd be a lot of deaths, so I switched to /p3 and clearing the Burial Grounds and the Mausoleum was very smooth, easy even. I think once I fill in some weak gear pieces, I'll be able to do /p7 Pit runs without much difficulty.

I'm very, very much enjoying the character, and it makes me want to make more rift-based characters, specifically a zealot and either a frenzier or a zealbarb. That'll require one or two caducei, so I'll have to do some low mf pit runs. Maybe it'll turn into a sept, but probably not, at least not until I have a better base of unique items to work with.

I'm also levelling a fire sorc for Andy/Meph runs.

Reactions: Kartongen

Rules updated:​

2.3 Updated to reflect new arguments available in D2R - See rules 2.6 and 3.15

Kind of off topic but...
Rockstar decided to remaster GTA 3, Vice city and San Andreas and they ruined it.
It's a broken game Full of bugs and glitches. I am just checking some videos and I am laughing my *** off. 🤣
But I really feel sorry for Rockstar right now being humiliated.
They even withdraw the remaster version until it is fixed.

D2R is not just great, it's like one of the best remasters out there!

Reactions: DarkMaster
Some in the online community would strongly disagree, but I personally agree. Final Fantasy 7 remake also seems very successful - but I don't have PS4 or greater...

Reactions: Excalibur
Iirc, Rockstar allowed Grove St. Studios to port the mobile phone versions for the trilogy. 🤦‍♂️ I've also heard that the other versions of those games aren't purchasable anymore. Hard to see it as anything but a cash grab but even so, you'd think they'd have made a more enjoyable cash grab.

When I learned Vicarious visions was behind Resurrected, most of my doubts went away. Playing single player takes away most of the major complaints people have about this game so it's been a smooth experience for me so far. The only things I noted were slightly increased load times and heavy GPU load sometimes while playing.

I didn't think I'd ever play this game with a fresh mentality again. Color me wrong because it feels like I'm playing this game in my teens and early 20s again.

But I really feel sorry for Rockstar right now being humiliated.
Rockstar sucks and deserves every rotten tomato lobbed its way. They want your money but don't care to invest in creating a worthwhile product. Pathetic! Laugh away and don't feel bad (and don't buy this trash).

Also, is that Filthy Frank and Pink Guy welcoming me to the rice fields in that thumbnail? :unsure:

Force move is sad in its current implementation.

Let's say you have force move on R and a skill on E. If you are holding R to force move, and press E, you must re-press R to begin moving again. This isn't a deal breaker for the force move key, but it's LAGGY!! If you press E and then R too quickly, either you won't cast the skill or you won't force move again!! This alone is completely awful. But that's not all!

Practically, people have wanted a force move that gives casters a way to not attack things on left click, but interact with things otherwise, such as picking up items or entering doors. This doesn't add an extra user action and feels pretty good! Some mods have done this sort of implementation before. This is not how it is implemented in game now.

It's more pure than that in its current implementation - you literally can't interact with anything when you press the keybind. The only real benefit of this in addition to the above implementation is that you can also now always show items and then not worry about picking them up with by skipping the left clicks. The cost is that you end up with a garbled set of keypresses and clicks, it adds an absurd amount of extra actions between your left and right hand. It's hard to explain well. Normally, I'm all for learning new keybinds if it offers a benefit, however the sheer amount of interaction between the left and right hand added by trying to work in force move just has no set of key bindings that will make it feel good even after sufficient practice. There's too much going on requiring both hands.

I have explained poorly most likely, however if you try this out in game I feel as though you will feel what I am talking about. There's no great way to use it. If you guys figure out a way I'd love to hear it.

Quick cast is good. I like it on casters. Melee characters I still relegate to controller entirely and controller is the only great way to play melee characters now to me, I literally can't go back to playing them any other way. I don't know, like something about the clunkiness of left click (can't hold it, monster dies you have to reclick) leads to tons of clicking. Or you right click but there's strategy about clicking clear ground and holding and it also feels clunky. Controller, you have none of that. You move, you hit, it's great. quick cast and force move doesn't help them. I can't play casters on controller, I can't play melee on m/kb.

I'm like dying for a grounds-up rework of skills and skill casting that makes sense. This half-assed bull leads to a situation where you're always just getting by. I was always getting by playing melee in the past, spam clicking or whatever, and it led me to not playing melee very much. Now controller feels good, but inventory management on controller sucks balls. They add quick cast and force move, but it doesn't really solve any issues for melee. It just has benefits for casters, which handled the best on m/kb anyways!!

Edit: Here's what I'd like. FIx melee by having the left click just recast whatever melee skill you have selected past the point where the monster dies, so you can just hold left click and attack new monsters, no matter how or where you click initially. WHY ISN'T THIS DEFAULT BEHAVIOR. Just make it so you have to reclick to pick up items go through doors or activate things, the rest of the time when you're holding the button you're attacking or moving. Please! Then add have force move be a skill that you can set and still interact with things on click but not monsters. It solves both melee and casters. Attack skills would move and attack, and force move would move and interact. BOTH MOVE, one attacks, one interacts.

Last edited:
Let's say you have force move on R and a skill on E. If you are holding R to force move, and press E, you must re-press R to begin moving again.
I noticed this right away. This is not how force move works in D3. (I had to check just to make sure I wasn't crazy.) In D3, if you keep holding your force move key, you'll stop to use the ability, but start moving again as soon as you finish the cast. The way it's implemented in D2R, the only real use I can see is if you really want to make sure you don't click anything while moving. (Which can be useful to run around mobs instead of getting hung up on them but certainly not enough for a prime keybind slot.)

Got the feeling hardly anyone is playing D2R here. New merc AI is a bust. Any of you tried it? Sometimes it works great, sometimes it seems slightly better, sometimes it's way worse. Merc will just stand still sometimes. I never seen that before with old AI. Around corners or something, merc will just literally stand still like 2 inches away from monsters while I'm fighting. In tristram for example sometimes the merc will run into a building to chase 1 monster, then after that I will be fighting right outside the door and the merc will be literally standing in fire inside the building. Maggot lair, any corner we can be fighting like 1 foot away, merc will just be standing there. Seems like he rubberbands more tightly to me, however there's lots of standing still not fighting when there's corners or doors or buildings. Open ground, merc ai is better-ish. Add in any obstacles, worse by far.

Got the feeling hardly anyone is playing D2R here.

I think most people are? :)

So am I getting this right, they took a couple of months to come up with a patch where
  • Player settings still reset to 1
  • Throw doesn't stick to LMB (back to melee attack when making a new game).
  • Force move cannot be bound to LMB, in other words completely useless for teleporting chars = vast majority.
  • No performance improvements (loading times)
  • But hey we get quick cast yay (y)
Didn't expect much and still somehow managed to get disappointed. :D

That "force move" thing is baffling: Implemented two mechanisms intended to allow players to move rather than do something else, and neither works properly. Impressive!

@ffs I feel the same way. And I dont even use smart cast.

But I have to say, I didnt have a single crash since the update. So thats at least something.

Last edited:
If you use the slider in the options for player settings, does this reset between games too?

If you use the slider in the options for player settings, does this reset between games too?
Yes. As far as I can see, command line shortcuts remain the only option to keep player settings above 1 for successive runs.

The in game slider for players feels like it really is just for console. Using the slash command in game is faster for changing it, and as ffs pointed out, you still need the command line option for it to stick. The only real use I see on PC is that you can use it to verify your current player setting.

The in game slider for players feels like it really is just for console. Using the slash command in game is faster for changing it, and as ffs pointed out, you still need the command line option for it to stick. The only real use I see on PC is that you can use it to verify your current player setting.
But the slider is also available on pc?
Didnt know that.

But the slider is also available on pc?
Didnt know that.
Yup. It was probably easier to add it to both versions since it doesn't hurt anything on PC. It's also a bit more newer-player friendly, as the /players command was just something you had to know about with nothing in game leading you to the possibility.

Yeah, but they should have made the player setting slieder on top of the menu and stay the same between games, I agree.

Also, merc AI is totally bugged, I agree @NorthDakota . With my Summoner Necro it is especially evident: Skellies rush everything sticking their toes out, while my merc is chilling 2 yards away...it is quite the hassle without teleport, I tell you.

Reactions: Triple Helix
How do you guys work teleport and quick cast? It gave me a tremendous and immediate hate reaction, so I shut it off right away.

Reactions: Grisu
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High