D2R General Chat

Blizzard had stressed in the past they wouldn't make (significant) gameplay changes vis-à-vis 1.14 and some of those are rather drastic ones tbh. I for one expect (and honestly hope) these "feautures" don't stick around. Personally, for the moment I'm not going to build any chars around these.
I am a cynical person. As such, I think D2R might have been a project they felt could be done with a good income/workload ratio. I seriously fear they may be discussing stating these are "features" just to not have to rework them. Let's hope I am wrong.

Since IAS breakpoints are bugged, have anyone checked if other breakpoints are aswell? I am guessing such breakpoints for FCR, FHR and FBR may be outside obtainable levels, but it would still be fun to see.

A faster block rate with paladin using holy shield could perhaps be possible? (You already go to 1/25 frame at 86 FBR, but perhaps you can go to a lower N/60 frame?)
Or perhaps a faster frame of casting with necro or paladin is possible? (Current fastest breakpoint at 125. Gut guess puts the next at around 250 fcr... Smarter math people here can probably calculate the actual one.) What is the most FCR you can cram onto a character?
Would be fun to see a sorc with hacked gear teleporting even faster. (Only for testing of course.)

Edit: My brain was tired and just saw how low the number 86 is, while forgetting how few sources of FBR there are. Still, faster cast rate on a paladin or necro could be interesting to look at.

Edit 2: My fast calculation for Necro/Pala FCR breakpoint puts the next at 193,96. Unsure which way it rounds, but 194 should suffice either way. So that should definately be doable. 7 frame cast should be at 308 (307,69), so that is probably unattainable.

Last edited:
DoT spells like Fire Wall damage being applied at a much higher rate

Does that apply to everything that deals damage per frame? Like meteor? Diablo's firestorm or lightning hose? The bugged snakes at Nihlathak's place???

Not sure about other class skills. Like I said I didn't delve much into these changes because hopefully that'll all be gone soon anyway.
But I've heard people mention monster skills like the Inferno from Flayer Shamans dealing more damage as well.

Edit:
Max possible fcr from (unhacked) gear is 215 so necro/pal should definitely be testable. I don't have the gear for it, but I'm sure someone does.
You can get more FCR on a barb, but in all likelihood shouldn't provide any improvement vs 200 FCR (if FCR caps have been removed at all).

Last edited:
Blizzard had stressed in the past they wouldn't make (significant) gameplay changes vis-à-vis 1.14 and some of those are rather drastic ones tbh. I for one expect (and honestly hope) these "feautures" don't stick around. Personally, for the moment I'm not going to build any chars around these.

I agree, despite my post above I'm very unlikely to do anything around this bug/feature.

But I'm more wondering what underutilised items this may make more useful, rather than how to exploit it to make an already ridiculously OP character even more OP. Return of the Burritozon?

Edit: This is a decent example of where removing the cap actually works:
1636545236285.png

Last edited:
Max possible fcr from (unhacked) gear is 215 so necro/pal should definitely be testable. I don't have the gear for it, but I'm sure someone does.
I plot fcr needed (y) vs 25/[frames to cast] (x) and fit a second degree polynomal to it (0-point included). Someone more math-savvy (and not doing this at small breaks at work) is very welcome to verify if this would be the correct way to approximate the new breakpoints. (I think it will be slightly off due to rounding errors, but it should be small (1-2 points?))

If my calculations are correct, Sorc/Barb have their next breakpoint at 347,4 which I assume is outside of the possible amount.

Edit - Can't stop there:
CL/L: 283,2
Druid: 239,7
Ama: 216,2
Assa: 270,3
Let me know if anyone want wolf/bear/vampire form. ^^

Edit 2: So looking at these, I assume it is only relevant for Necro and Pala, if these limits are broken aswell.

Last edited:
People who run untwinked barbarians and other physical attackers, how do I get decent damage early game? Is RalRalRal the way to go, or is there some other neat trick?

Also, if I use normal attack (I.e. not double-swing), do I gain anything from having a weapon in each hand?

People who run untwinked barbarians and other physical attackers, how do I get decent damage early game? Is RalRalRal the way to go, or is there some other neat trick?
Malice is pretty strong too, it's what speedrunners use in conjunction with RalRalRal.

Reactions: Kartongen
Savage polearm recipe, 3chip recipe on grand scepters, gambling a pike, ith runes... My merc used to carry me a LOT through normal back before respec became possible.

Reactions: Kartongen
Malice is pretty strong too, it's what speedrunners use in conjunction with RalRalRal.
Think you mean TalTalTal? I used that on my untwinked Barb with Malice indeed. Just goes to show how bad Barb is for progressing through the game more than anything though. :)

@Jpy
Quick cast sounds great for players like me who are used to playing MOBA's
- though I'll have to figure out how to un-learn my q-spam/~spam habit.

Also... Force move bind! YES!

Is "force move" simply a walk command where they will try to move forward? (So kinda like how throw works without a thrown weapon?) Or am I missing something?

A question for those who use both Switch and PC...

I recall reading about cross-platform progression, and my recollection is that you can play a character on PC and then later play it on Switch, and vice-versa. Is that bnet only? If not, how seamless is that?

BNet only unfortunately. At the moment I know of no way to transfer SP Characters between platforms.

• Sad
Reactions: snickersnack
I am so hyped for this patch. Force move is big and quick cast makes certain things easier, I'm very excited about quick cast. Love it on controller, will be using it on every character on kb/m now too.

Is "force move" simply a walk command where they will try to move forward? (So kinda like how throw works without a thrown weapon?) Or am I missing something?

Yup. So we won't have to actually bind left click to throw anymore. :p

now that I think about it; I might try and bind both to move and use qwerdf like LoL.
Right click to move the character, aim with mouse and F for flashingteleporting forward xD

Yup. So we won't have to actually bind left click to throw anymore. :p

now that I think about it; I might try and bind both to move and use qwerdf like LoL.
Right click to move the character, aim with mouse and F for flashingteleporting forward xD
How bout this, quick cast, bind force move to spacebar, skills on qwerasdf, clicking only to pick up items and go through doors, Diablo 3 style :cool: I like the idea of the right click force move though, separating moving from picking up items. gives more opportunities to use always show items without fear of picking up items.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High