Your account name

I have vague memories of sitting on the grass with my friends many years ago and someone saying "Doctor Clock". From that day forward, every character in any game, any online avatar, has been Doctor Clock.

Many many moons ago I was playing Diablo 1 on my parents computer and struggling to come up with a name for my character.

I had just finished cooking myself breakfast (eggs and bacon) and I had put some HP sauce on them. It stands for Houses of Parlament - It's a British sort of steak sauce that also tastes good on eggs. My father being British and Canada still be closely rooted to Britain there is naturally always some in my house - and so as I jammed breakfast into my mouth I figured it was as good a name as any, and so it began. That must have been 9 or 10 years ago.

After that it was ICQ, B.net, MSN, Diabloii.net, Hellgate forums (during the forum crash), phrozenkeep, evil's CS:S forums, xagaming.com CS:S forums... you get the idea.

I get the odd question from people "what is Hit Points Sauce", but not that often anymore.

-hps

My real name is Ville. A few years ago somebody IRL started calling me Vipsi, then some weeks later it suddenly became Vupsi, and finally some dumbass turned it into Tupsi. I moved to another town and some of my old friends in this town (I've lived here before) somehow knew my nickname and when I was introduced to new guys in the new school, I was introduced as Tupsi. It took over six months to some of the guys to find out my real name... :hide:
The name still lives, not only on the internet where I don't have any other account names, but in real life too.

@crazymatt1: I first thought that you were from Finland because Matti is a Finnish name :azn:
I almost PM'd Matt because of this. Didn't know whether to call him Matti or Matt when talking about his finds in the Scavenger hunt #3.

I've always thought hippopotamus was a funny word, but I had to make it my own. So I added opa at the beginning for no particular reason, and it just stuck.

I have always been a huge baseball fan, and for many years I used MrBaseball for everything. I now have a daughter that plays fast-pitch softball and I am crazy about the sport (and my daughter as well). Seems like a natural transition.

I've always been a huge Washington Redskins fan.

HAhHahahahahaha!!! I laughed out loud when I saw this. I'm a leafs fan myself, but a realistic one... (and mostly just because they're my home team, otherwise I like the Canucks) I know full well that it'll be another 67 years until they win the Cup, but when they do, the ensuing riots will bring the city down in flames :rolleyes:
[/OT]

Mine is a long story, and mostly retarded:
Almost exactly ten years ago, when I started highschool, I needed a log in name for IGN.com to view a video game guide, and I was in the library computer lab, so there was nothing but comp books around me... and to this day, I still have no idea how friedbananas popped into my head as soon as I looked at one particular book (something about comp skills). I eventually started using IGN as my email account, but (similar to muzzz's story) when I switched to hotmail a few years later, friedbananas was taken. So I settled on friedbananazzz, but screwed up the register process, and had to start over, but now friedbananazzz was taken, so I threw on another 'z'. And I've used that everywhere since then. For everything.
Whew.

Edit: @omg: Yes yes, I know. That's why I said realistic fan. And I know they need a new EVERYTHING, and that won't happen until everyone involved right now dies of old age. And that is why it'll be another 67 years until the next cup.
I'm not as hardcore as the rest of the city (or even a couple of my friends), but we do have the most rabid dependable fans of any NHL team. They've sold out every single (over-priced) game for years, and haven't made it to even the semi-finals in even more years.

Last edited:
LOL A LEAFS FAN. Just to make sure we're on the same topic, you mean the TML right?

Oooh boy. They need a new coach new team new everything if they're gonna ever take the cup again.

Edit: @fb: Yes, I know all about the "c'mon-I-know-we've-sucked-like-hell-every-year-but-not-this-year" attitude, because I also live in Toronto. ;P

Edit2: LOL, A REDSKINS FAN. XD

Oh man this forum cracks me up.

Last edited:
Well Hoop is part of my last name, and thats pretty much what everyone calls me usually. I think it was already taken so i added the 76

I have vague memories of sitting on the grass with my friends many years ago and someone saying "Doctor Clock". From that day forward, every character in any game, any online avatar, has been Doctor Clock.

I thought your alias was based off one of the lamest comic villains ever. After I did some digging though, that villain's name is actually the Clock King, so I guess you're safe from my ridicule. For now...

My name was randomly generated for a Dark Elf Wide Receiver in Chaos League. It's short and easy to type.

That's awesome. I will try to sleep furiously tonight.
"nondescript immature ideas have violent nightmares" is my favourite. But I hate Wikipedia because once you read one page, you end up wasting 3 hours reading about 17 different topics. Information is addictive.

And that Clock King info was hilarious (Green Arrow is a lame hero too).

Mine comes from the Dropkick Murphys - a Boston-based Irish Punk band. The song that they always finish their sets with is called Skinhead on the MBTA. It's the song that I was listening to when I first registered on a different forum a while ago, and it stuck.

That's also the same method I use to name my characters - Autumnsong (Manic Street Preachers), HammertoFall (Queen - seemed appropriate, since he's a cheesadin), and Valerie (The Zutons).

iv told the story behind mine before but meh

its from when i was in secondary school i had glandular fever (spl) and had about 6 months of school with no social contact (didnt even have a phone at the time) so a rumor started at my school i was dead(more of a joke rumor) when i finaly was well enought to go back, some one said something along the lines off 'i thought you were dead dave' and it has a nice ring to it so it kinda stuck. its only when i got sick of people calling me fellblade(name of a sword in a book and my old online tag)at the local internet cafe before it closed that i switched to dead dave.

When I was in high school, I airbrushed some shirts for a grateful dead concert...one of them had a "jester" image on it...I added a cigarette, cuz he looked like he could use one. I liked it so much I wore it to the show. Some girl kept askin me to sell it to her, so I ended up giving it to her..... She wanted me to sign it, so I signed it ...yep...smokin jester....have had it as a nick every since....

Originally, because I was enjoying playing D2 characters with great killing speed. But two unexpected consequences:

I like playing in tournaments, but frankly I'm not as skilled as many of the best SP forumites who also play in the tournaments. So, when I have reported that my tourney character got killed somewhere in Act 1 or 2 (Normal) I inevitably hear: "Well, at least you were true to your name." Ha, ha.

The other aspect? Apparently there was once a forum participant named QuickDeath - and my moniker differs by a lower case 'd' , Quickdeath. The result was that all PMs addressed to me went to the other mailbox (which was perpetually full) for my first two years on the SPF. Thanks to Cattelya for finally fixing it, though!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High