Quitting D2 + forum

You're arguably the most important poster in the SPF pharphis, sad to see you go.

See you when you get back!

Good luck and have fun. I should doo something like that too btw...contemplating it....Enjoyed our PM session about nihlathak necro....you're a good guy. Stay strong and safe.

Ah, that's rough, but understandable... I guess. Good luck with your future plans. See you around maybe. MFO 2020 is going to be a good year I've heard.

Best of luck with whatever you're doing Phar!

And remember, D2 is not a game you can take a permanent break from, sooner or later the bug will be on to you :p

Thanks for all the good posts! (I've been reading the forum for a lot longer than I've been posting.)

Good luck with grad school, that takes a lot of hard work, but don't forget to relax from time to time!

Woah...what? Sorry to see you go, but to be fair - I haven't been the most talkative forumite the laste few months...I hope you do well in RL and find your way back sometimes!

P.S.: I still think your AT 75k runs thread is legenDARY! Thanks for that - I will try to reach level 99 with my Blizz Sorc doing /P7 runs for the rest of my life :-D

Yes please let me know if someone does 75k AT runs plznthankyou.

I did about 20k total (~35/55/10% sorc/FoHer/other where other is necro, zon, whatever) and I guess I'll never find Tyrael's or Azurewrath (though I did find one of those in SC years ago, if that counts*).

*it doesn't

Last edited:
I was just about to restart 1.07 too! Best of luck with real life.

I've been lurking for a while so I haven't posted in a long time, but I thought I would just say, sorry to see you go and good luck with real life!

...for my more busy / serious periods of work in pubic accounting...
Pubic accounting...I shudder to think, does that involve counting short and curlies?

Sad to see you go. Enjoyed our OT discussions, and you have always been extremely helpful, and helped me gain a lot of knowledge about the game since I'm a newcomer.

Interestingly enough, you were the first response to the thread I made exactly a year and a day ago when I first started D2! I was asking, "Is defense or resists more important for a sorceress?" so that gives you an idea of how much I've profited from your advice over the past 12 months!

giphy.gif

Forums are losing a major poster with you, Pharphis.

I don't think we agreed on much and you seem to pick the argument too much for my liking but that is my opinion - I wish you well and hope things work out. Your head should be better when you look after yourself better so eat properly etc. (I'm an old hag so indulge me).
Best of luck with everything.

Noooo!

You will certainly be missed around here. Great knowledge of the game and a great HC player.

I know we've had our differences at times, but I have enjoyed discussing things with you lately. I wish I had had more time to devote to those threads.

Good luck with your RL endeavors, taking a break from games/forums was very beneficial to me and I hope it will be for you as well!

Phar, I find this very sad - not just because I will miss you terribly, because I will - but also because it's sad that so many find the forum to be a negative element in their lives. You, Jcakes, Kestegs, have all quit the forum because it was an unhealthy or damaging element.

You know the horrible year I had last year as I went through my divorce. I couldn't have survived that without this forum. When my ex accused me of having a cyber addiction, and when people asked me if I could give up being online, my response was "These are my friends. This isn't 'online activity' - this is talking to people I care about, people who care about me, this is my support network. When you ask me to go 3 days without going online, you are asking me to go 3 days without my support network at the worst time in my life."

I don't recall ever hearing a sports fan say "I have to give up my sports team and going to my sports bar." Maybe they do. I honestly don't hang out with sportsy peoples so I've no idea. I know that addictions to sports can be just as bad as addictions to gaming.

Cyrax has a point - you can't blame the forum for not taking care of yourself. D2 may or may not be an unhealthy addiction in your life, but taking care of yourself is on you.

But I understand needing some space to clear your head and reset. I just hope you know that the people on here are real people, not toons or chars who can be traded or swapped or left in Gomule for months at a time. The forum and the game are not the same thing.

But good luck to you, my dear friend. I hope you find the balance that you're looking for and I hope that you won't be a stranger forever.

<3 <3 <3

I WILL argue that. :p

To Pyro the Client: You should get a better lawyer.
To Pyro the Lawyer: You should get a better client.

I object, over ruled!

Yes please let me know if someone does 75k AT runs plznthankyou.

I did about 20k total (~35/55/10% sorc/FoHer/other where other is necro, zon, whatever) and I guess I'll never find Tyrael's or Azurewrath (though I did find one of those in SC years ago, if that counts*).

*it doesn't

It doesn't, you can't leave until you find them. I'll get started right away on that 75k runs though. I'll be done in 20 years.

I've been lurking for a while so I haven't posted in a long time, but I thought I would just say, sorry to see you go and good luck with real life!

Pubic accounting...I shudder to think, does that involve counting short and curlies?

As another public accountant. It involves bashing yourself in the head with a calculator and hoping you get an answer with an "immaterial" difference.

Best of luck, pharphy and I look forward to return and new and interesting OT threads which run and run. :D

Take it easy and good luck in the mean time.

Best of luck phartpiss / jerome. We'll see you around I am sure.

Phar, I find this very sad - not just because I will miss you terribly, because I will - but also because it's sad that so many find the forum to be a negative element in their lives. You, Jcakes, Kestegs, have all quit the forum because it was an unhealthy or damaging element.

You know the horrible year I had last year as I went through my divorce. I couldn't have survived that without this forum. When my ex accused me of having a cyber addiction, and when people asked me if I could give up being online, my response was "These are my friends. This isn't 'online activity' - this is talking to people I care about, people who care about me, this is my support network. When you ask me to go 3 days without going online, you are asking me to go 3 days without my support network at the worst time in my life."

I don't recall ever hearing a sports fan say "I have to give up my sports team and going to my sports bar." Maybe they do. I honestly don't hang out with sportsy peoples so I've no idea. I know that addictions to sports can be just as bad as addictions to gaming.

Cyrax has a point - you can't blame the forum for not taking care of yourself. D2 may or may not be an unhealthy addiction in your life, but taking care of yourself is on you.

But I understand needing some space to clear your head and reset. I just hope you know that the people on here are real people, not toons or chars who can be traded or swapped or left in Gomule for months at a time. The forum and the game are not the same thing.

But good luck to you, my dear friend. I hope you find the balance that you're looking for and I hope that you won't be a stranger forever.

<3 <3 <3
I understand what you mean and I agree. I feel the same way but it's weird when I feel that day to day I care more about what I'm reading/writing online than my life offline in some ways.

I also don't think quitting will fix my problems but I think it's at least part of the problem. It's too easy and tempting to open up the forums any time I touch my browser (in fact, they open up as one of my tabs for convenience). I have other distractions online as well and mean to be cutting back on everything to some extent. I don't blame the forum because I know it's my fault for this behavior and I'm glad I was of help emotionally or whatever whenever that was the case, for you.

I understand what you mean and I agree. I feel the same way but it's weird when I feel that day to day I care more about what I'm reading/writing online than my life offline in some ways.

I also don't think quitting will fix my problems but I think it's at least part of the problem. It's too easy and tempting to open up the forums any time I touch my browser (in fact, they open up as one of my tabs for convenience). I have other distractions online as well and mean to be cutting back on everything to some extent. I don't blame the forum because I know it's my fault for this behavior and I'm glad I was of help emotionally or whatever whenever that was the case, for you.

I probably need to put more boundaries on forum usage myself. It's not that the forum is bad for me, or that I don't like the people on here. It's just that it's so accessible.

If my 10 best real life friends came to my office and were hanging out all day, at some point I'd have to say, "OK, guys. I have to get some work done, so I'll catch you later."
Online stuff is a bit like that because it's there all the time and too easy to just surf the web for a bit every time I feel a tinge of boredom.

Honeslty, if I checked the forums 1x per day, and viewed notifications and replied to them, I'd probably still end up reading all the same stuff and posting all the same stuff.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High