Quitting D2 + forum

pharphis

Aug 1, 2011
I've noticed my motivation with respect to my health (ie don't eat well) and success at school/work dropping over the years and it's become especially bad since I've started grad school last summer and so I feel the need to drop some distractions from my life and that includes most gaming and a chunk of my online activity.

I won't be checking the forums regularly anymore (or much at all, really) but I get emails when I receive a pm so I should always be contactable if needed. I'm also still on steam (pharphis) and I guess theoretically on twitch. If you want my email for some reason send me a PM or feel free to ask someone else who probably already has it

I want to thank this community for being awesome and not-so-thank the community for distracting me for 3.5 years :p (the time I spent active).

I'm providing nulio/froz/grip with my stashes and characters and I'm ok with any and all of that being used (not sure if character donations themselves are acceptable according to trade rules (outside of pvp) but I'm fine with that especially if someone will make use of my FoHer). Here's my trader profile for convenience. I hope someone eventually surpasses me as zod god (but not really)

I will be checking back on this thread, for at least the next little while. Thanks for all the chats, encouragement and advice over the years.

This leave will be permanent wrt D2 and so I appropriately labeled this thread as reporting of a bug (probably something patched after 1.07)

<3 come back soon (or when you're ready, whichever comes first). ((I foresee us needing our voice of reason.))

And that's not just a D2 reference...

I'm sorry things didn't turn out as you hoped. Go and remember us fondly. You know, you bothered me far less than most.

You will be back. They come in, they come out, but they never leave....

You noticed a problem and are trying to rectify it? Maybe you aren't nubphis after all. Do what you need to for you. We'll just switch tactics, compile the collected forum wisdom periodically and send a monthly email entitled insultphis. ;p

I know we didn't really interact very much, but as someone who spent the majority of their D2 time as a hardcore player, I always respected your mentality of playing a char lots, then dying, then starting a new char and playing lots, and dying, and pushing a new char to very high levels, and dying, and starting a new char... (you get the idea. Perseverance!)

On a more serious note, if you have life business that you want to take care of outside of this world of 0's and 1's we live in, get out there and knock that shit out of the park. I know I only spend so much time around here and on this game because I haven't found anything better to do with my life, my "calling" or what have you. Anyways, with all sincerity, best of luck!

Enjoy your break, but remember the bar and us flyflies will be waiting for your return.

Know I've only been here a couple weeks (after my own 4 years away), but I enjoyed reading your posts and watching a couple of your streams.

good luck with everything

Thanks for everything you've done for this forum Phar. I'll miss your streams and random pieces of advice.

Best of luck to you.Hope you complete the chemistry grail and pick up some nice rares and charms along the way.

This is a bad joke, right?

You noticed a problem and are trying to rectify it? Maybe you aren't nubphis after all. Do what you need to for you. We'll just switch tactics, compile the collected forum wisdom periodically and send a monthly email entitled insultphis. ;p

He's trying to rectify eating poorly by quitting D2. I'd say he still qualifies as nubphis.

... but I get emails when I receive a pm...

So if we pm you all threads you keep up to date? :D

This leave will be permanent wrt D2 and so I appropriately labeled this thread as reporting of a bug (probably something patched after 1.07)

I'll report this to Blizzard right away so they can fix this!

Patch 1.14 releasenotes: We brought back the pharphis, also known under many different names including (but not limited to) nubphis, fartfish, the deeds master. :cool:

Will you still hop in on hamachi every once in a while? It will be so quiet there with you leaving! :(

I hope you find what you're looking for in life, but i'm hoping we'll see you around here again (soon) even more. :)

Nah, I recently broke hamachi anyway trying to troubleshoot some networking issues. I think I've been missing for a week or so from hamachi for that reason

I saw you weren't on yesterday, but since that was the first time i was on in a week (because of heat) i hadn't really noticed yet.

Good to see you have your priorities in the proper order. Not so good to be losing a fellow skeptic. I enjoyed your debate topics though I never really had enough free time to participate.

Best wishes.

Sorry to see you go but good luck with real life. You are one reason I decided to try HC :)

As you can see from my join date here I have been around awhile. I've taken breaks for college, for my more busy / serious periods of work in pubic accounting, for getting marriage, for job changes, etc...and I'm only in my upper 20s. With all that said, I don't have a disposable time for gaming or personal time really, but I view D2 as one of the few constants in my life that I can come back to anytime, even if it's only for an hour or two, and continue on a HC tournament character whose tournament has long since expired. In fact D2 is the only game I ever even touch, and that's on average less than a few hours a month.

All that to say, you're making the right decision to take some time away and get things in order, but remember, good things in moderation are acceptable. Best of luck on your future endeavours and if you do come back (my money is saying you will) remember to do so only if you have the time available.

bladejj put it really well, about what I would've (tried) to say!

Good luck in whatever you do in your life! I sincerely hope you will find your real life Azurewrath and Tyrael's soon enough.

I never chit-chat around forums a lot, but that little interaction I had with you gave me an idea of a really nice guy. :)

And remember what Eagles sang: "You can check-out any time you like, but you can never leave"... maybe I'll see you here in summer MFO 2020 or something!

Best of luck phar <3

Lots of respect for getting your priorities in order and sticking to a plan. You will definitely be missed around here, big thanks for keeping the HC people motivated (and terrified of following in the deeds footsteps! :p). Good luck in grad school, make sure to let us know when your sciencing makes you famous!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High