Ender's Mafia Game

pharphis

Aug 1, 2011
Game starts at midnight tonight! (GMT -5) with a twilight phase that goes until Sunday at 5pm.
Do not post until then.

Day and night will begin or end at 5pm from then on as specified in the rules.

Enjoy the game!

RULES:

1) You do not talk about your role or any other relevant information concerning the game outside this thread.

2) If you post at night I will kill you, no matter what.

3) If you edit your post I will kill you (This includes editing for spelling mistakes)

4) If your role allows you to communicate with others during the night, please do so using only the quick topic provided in your PM

5) Once you're dead, stay that way. Dead people tell no tales, or in this case, dead people make no posts. Suck up your death and keep watching and rooting for your team. There's always the next round.

6) Every player gets one lynch vote during the day. Votes and unvotes need to be bolded--. If your unvote isn't bold, it doesn't count. As long as i can read it and figure out ho you are voting for, I will count the vote. Obviously names that are grossly misspelled will not be counted. I'm also not going to take issue with names being case sensitive. You don't need to place a name next to unvote but it helps.

7) The required number of votes to seal a lynch for the day is equal to one half the remaining number of people alive (rounded up) plus 1. Once someone reaches this number of votes, they will be lynched no matter what; however, the day will still continue to its scheduled conclusion. Half rounded up equals a lynch, but no lock, so the lynchee has until the days end to persuade the town otherwise.

Proper vote format is: vote: name

8) Never post anything in the thread that shouldn't be known to the town. Don't flame in the thread. If you have a problem with anything in the thread, please PM me and I'll do my best to handle it.

9) Any player may claim any role. I.E. Any player may claim to be something that they are not. The includes theme names.

10) Do not post any information sent to you in a pm. If you want to claim a role, don't copy paste the PM I sent you, you may paraphrase it.

11) I won't be telling you the starting roles.

12) Day lasts 48 hours and night lasts 24 hours.

13) Do not post at night or edit or I will kill you.

14) You will get mod killed if you are inactive (at least 1 contributive posts a day).

15) Cakes is stupid (but we miss you anyway)

16) If you wish to ask me a question, ethier PM me, or write @pharphis: <<question>> in bold in a post, I will answer it to the best of my ability. Do not be offended if I do not answer questions at all, or to the extent you were after if probing on roles/game mechanics

17) Read the rules once more. Have Fun! Good luck! May the best team win.

Win conditions:
Town - Aligned with the town. Wins once all Anti town are dead.
Scum - Aligned against the town. Wins once all Pro town are dead.
Others - No alignment. Special win condition.

(These rules are stolen from FoE's Commie Invasion game with slight alterations)

1. Thyiad (Kitteh)
2. Solar Ice
3. FredOfErik (Moar)
4. Caluin Graye
5. Zokar
6. Goryani
7. Sathoris
8. Gwaihir
9. Pyrotechnician
10. Phillinnicus
11. flubbucket
12. Bad Ash
13. Leopold Stotch
14. Zemaj
15. Jason Maher
16. BipolarChemist
17. Valhauros
18. Noodle
19. Laarz
20. Korialstraz
21. Drixx
22. Coju

Last edited:
Roles:
I know I wasn't specific on lots of these when I wrote them down, but I stuck with my original decisions (in my head) so as not to introduce balance changes to see cool things happen like Noodle blowing up by Zemaj, for example. Sorry for any role confusion!

Town: (14)
Andrew “Ender” Wiggin
Treestump ("The enemy's gate is down")
Genius – Gains another ability after claiming treestump
You are known as “third” to those who hate you. You exist because the military wanted a Wiggin not as mild as Valentine, or as wicked as Peter. In the eyes of the battle school, you show great promise.

Alai
Doctor
You’re Ender’s closest friend. You have a habit of coming up with novel ideas for the Battle Room.

Crazy Tom
Bomb
You like to yell. Sometimes you sound a bit crazy. . . One of the best in Battle School

Petra Arkanian
You’re the best of the girls in Battle School. Deadly aim! You claim to have bigger balls than the boys there.

Dink Meeker
Cop
You hate the teachers. You refuse to become a commander. It’s all just a game, after all.

Julian "Bean" Delphiki
Listener (given one randomly generated message per night)
You’re known only as Bean to those in Battle School. The smallest, but smartest kid there. Being small gives you the opportunity to fit into small spaces. . .

Shen
You were called the “worm” shortly after entering Battle School because your butt wiggles when you walk. You’re a kind person, Ender’s first friend.

Carn Carby
You have strong commanding potential. When you don’t win, you lose with honor. That doesn’t happen often.

Han Tzu (Hot Soup)
You’re not as hot or as soup as your nickname suggests. You’re great in the Battle Room, and known for it.

Valentine Wiggin
Mason
Jailkeeper
You love Ender, and used to protect him from Peter. Now you and Peter are influencing the world under different personas on the nets. You have a way of flattering people into doing or thinking what you want them to.
Peter Wiggin
Mason
1-shot vigilante
You can see the biggest fears in someone and bring them out to persuade them to do what you want. Known as wicked to most, and especially Ender, you’re not one to pass off skinning a squirrel in your spare time.

Pol Slattery
You’re only fair-minded before and after battles. You’re also quick to adapt to new situations.
William Bee
You’re more cautious as a commander, and like to take things more defensively and slowly in the Battle Room.

Fly Molo
You’re not the smartest student, but a veteran soldier in the Battle Room, which is the most important thing in Battle School.

Neutral: (3)
Rose de Nose
Village Idiot on odd days
1xbullet proof
You’re known behind your back as a lazy commander. You even bunk with your army because you’re afraid of the dark. Ha! Somehow you keep winning, though.

Achilles de Flandres
Serial Killer
1x Bulletproof
Malicious. You’ll kill anyone who sees you in a moment of weakness. With a messed up leg, this happens more than you would think. You also crave power.

Bernard
Survivor
1-shot Cop
You want to have control over your peers, but just being accepted is a minimum you’re willing to take.

Player - role match-ups.
Hyrum Graff
8. Gwaihir
Mazer Rackham
1. Kitteh
Anderson
10. Phillinnicus
Bonzo
6. Goryani
chamrajnagar
3. Moar
ender
12. Bad Ash
alai
22. Coju
crazy tom
14. Zemaj
shen
16. BipolarChemist
petra
13. Leopold Stotch
dink
21. Drixx
bean
15. MartinLong
carn carby
2. Solar Ice
hot soup
11. flubbucket
peter
7. Sathoris
valentine
9. Pyrotechnician
slattery
5. Zokar
bee
20. Korialstraz
fly molo
4. Caluin Graye
rose de nose
19. Laarz
achilles
17. Valhauros
bernard
18. Noodle

Night actions!

N1 Actions:
Drixx investigates CG – Town
Val kills Solar Ice - fail
coju saves coju
Pyro jails Solar (success!)
Moar kills CG
Jason Maher receives:
"Who to choose, who to choose.

Bah, lets go with _____ this time around."
#10, Pyro

N2 Actions:
Drixx investigates Pyrotechnician – town
Val kills Solar (fail)
Coju saves Solar
Sath kills Solar (success!)
Moar kills Bad Ash
Pyro jails Goryani
Jason Maher receives:
“I can't think of a way to rescue you either since you and ______ are the only scummy posting people out there. _____ will focus on ____ tomorrow and I don't think he'll be suspicious enough to turn it around to him.

I regret voting for ______. It was a flash decision to do it after just skimming over the posts on the bus and getting on with 15 mins to spare. Might have been much better to have him around for another day of frame discussion.”
#68, Moar

N3 Actions:
Coju saves Zemaj
Val kills BipolarChemist
Pyrotechnician jailkeeps Sathoris
Thyiad kills Goryani
Drixx investigates Sathoris - town
Jason receives:
“Bull****, fing bull****. Sorry I wasn't around to try and swing votes at day end, but I'm not sure what I could have done without claiing the vig kill somehow anyway.

What's our plan of action? We have to get ____ out obviously, and we need to protect _____, but then that will block his ability.”

N4 Actions:
Val kills Drixx
Drixx investigates Zemaj
Noodle investigates flubbucket
Thyiad kills Pyrotechnician
Pyrotechnician Jailkeeps thyiad – saves himself!
Jason Maher receives:
"Jailing any of the claimed power roles is useless, it may keep them around, but then they don't get results. However it would save a confirmed townie for a night. The only problem being is if I choose the wrong one, then one power role will be killed off, and the other will have no results, leaving us at a huge disadvantage.

The other option is to try and jail the hitman, the chances of picking them out is even lower than possibly saving someone but if I choose right then we have a guaranteed scum lynch. If the hitman is designated I have a better chance because I've already Jailed ____ once.

List time!

_____ - Nothing from her, replaced ______ which I also had nothing from
_______ - Vig (claimed X shot, so unsure if 1 or more, most likely scum but jailed before)
______ - Seems townish, day 2 vote suppots it, not sure
____________ - Yours truely
________ - Highly likely being town
_________ - Nothing from, possibly town from d2 vote
______________ - Soft claimed bus driver
_____ - Claimed bomb, but didn't do so until way late and multiple power roles exposed
__________ - Eavsdropper
_______ - Quickly left ____ lynch, claimed vanilla early, likely scum
______ - Nothing from
_____ - Nothing from, but leaning toward town from D2 vote
_____ - Claimed cop
____ - Nothing from, _____ seemed to know who he was claiming"

N5 Actions:
Pyrotechnician jailkeeps Valhauros
Thyiad kills Pyrotechnician
Valhauros kills Jason Maher

Jason Maher receives:
“Lucky we're all in the same time zone or night time coordination would suck.”

N6 Actions:
Val kills Laarz (fail) – 1x bulletproof
Coju saves self
Thyiad kills Laarz - success
Jason receives:
"That's a good point. It seems like it's too late to choose E, I'll go with A in post #20 if that's what you meant.
Although, some people have the idea that A) Adults are bad or B) People who make Ender's life hard are bad.

How could I possibly be town if that's what my role is? I don't know how I could convey that."

N7 Actions:
Coju protects Jason Maher
Thyiad kills Leopold Stotch
Val kills Thyiad
Jason receives:
"Can probably pin something on _______. She's such a bad player she always looks scummy."

N8 Actions:
Coju protects coju
Val kills Gwaihir
Gwaihir kills coju
Jason receives:
"If I had to guess, ____ is our SK"

N9 Actions:
Phillinnicus kills Jason Maher
Valhauros kills Phillinnicus
Game ends!

Last edited:
Vote tallies and other game related info.
Check this post regularly.

Alive Players (2):

17. Valhauros
18. Noodle

Vote tallies:
D1 - 21 alive, 11 to lynch, 12 to lock.
Korialstraz 11 (Solar, Kitteh, Goryani, Phillinnicus, Gwaihir, Drixx, Valhauros, coju, pyro, zokar, moar)
Solar Ice 1 (Sathoris)

D2 - 18 alive, 9 to lynch, 10 to lock
FredOfErik 8 (Jason Maher, Sathoris, Gwaihir, Pyrotechnician, flubbucket, Phillinnicus, Laarz, Zemaj)
Drixx 3 (Valhauros, Zokar, coju)
Valhauros 3 (FredOfErik, Drixx, Goryani)

D3 -15 alive, 8 to lynch, 9 to lock
FredOfErik 9 (Valhauros, Gwaihir, Noodle, Zemaj, Laarz, Jason Maher, Drixx, Pyrotechnician, Phillinnicus)

D4 - 13 alive, 7 to lynch, 8 to lock
Valhauros 6 (Zemaj, Gwaihir, Jason Maher, Thyiad, Pyrotechnician, Laarz)
Zemaj 2 (Valhauros, Phillinnicus)

D5 - 12 alive, 6 to lynch, 7 to lock

D6 - 10 alive, 5 to lynch, 6 to lock

D7 - 7 alive, 4 to lynch, 5 to lock

D8 - 5 alive, 3 to lynch, 4 to lock

Last edited:
Do you think he's the one?

I hope so, but they're all contenders in one way or another. We need to push all of them.

Well I'm counting on Wiggin.

I know. They're going to hate us for this.

I didn't take this job to befriend children.

No. . . I just hope that if we survive they can forgive us.

Twilight phase has begun. Votes cannot be counted and no one can be lynched today. This phase ends at 5pm (GMT -5) on Sunday, followed by the first night phase. I may be lenient on post requirements for this first day since it was announced without too much warning.

(Stories are just for flavor, and many of the thoughts and ideas are more or less ripped right out of the book)

So is this when I make the usual post of Bipolar having to be scum because he posted first? :badteeth:

Quick notice, I'm going to a housewarming party tonight, so don't expect a whole lot of activity. I'll be back in my usual schedule around Sunday evening. :D

Oh pharphis you sneaky you! Probably sitting in the background there, with your soda and popcorn, pulling the strings!

Well I think its time to cut those strings and reclaim our freedom!

Vote: pharphis

I don't know how to play, can somebody direct me to a guide of some sort?^^

It's quite easy! Just talk with people, and if what they're replying sends shivers down your spine, you vote for them, since they are obviously scum. :D

Actually you should probably read up a bit on the general structure of a mafia game if you have never played it before. Keep in mind though, that the games we host here are usually a bit crazy, what with all the the themes and custom roles. ;)

I would give you a link for you to read, that us if I had one. But I know there are others here who have some links to websites with good info on them.

You can also read mafiascum wiki (just google it) for explanations on what certain roles do. There are variations here, but the general principles are the same.

Just one thing. Do not post until the 'game begins', or until the end of the twilight phase? Not clear.

The game has begun. It starts with a twilight phase which is a kind of day phase just without lynch. Everybody can post freely in the game thread until the end of it which is 10pm your time on Sunday. Then there will be a 24 hours night phase where nobody is allowed to post in the game thread and night kills and other night actions are performed. After that there will be a 48 hours day where we lynch someone we think is scum.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High