Did the Forums just get funky?

Re: Did the Forums just get funky?

My 2 or 3 cents :)

The view of the homepage now is very pleasing, IMO. But the forums could really do without the Quick Nav section. Again, just my opinion, as its been said more than once :)

Good work though Diabloii.net team, honestly, its good to see some change after this long, and everyone here can attest to that, it was due for a makeover.

*slips back into the shadows* :mask:

Buttttt! There's still no response from the Admin responsible. Not really what you'd expect from a sudden make over.

My 2 or 3 cents :)

The view of the homepage now is very pleasing, IMO. But the forums could really do without the Quick Nav section. Again, just my opinion, as its been said more than once :)

Good work though Diabloii.net team, honestly, its good to see some change after this long, and everyone here can attest to that, it was due for a makeover.

*slips back into the shadows* :mask:

i gotta agree here. it was nice going from one forum straight to another through the old navigation links on the left side fo the site.

I don't really care for the new forum look either. For me, it feels clumsy trying to navigate to set items, or other items lists. The information seems to be a bit harder to get to. It also feels like it's all packed into the main page, and left much of the good stuff missing.

A side note, in the trade forums, clicking the navigation link for "Diabloii.Net Forums" it says it's not found. The links point to forums.purediablo.com/forums, and it's actually just forums.purediablo.com

i started thread in off-topic forum with people commenting new forum look. it is seems its deleted cause i cant find it with advanced search. i guess somobody dont like that people discuss that . they dont realize that forum without users is dead forum...

i started thread in off-topic forum with people commenting new forum look. it is seems its deleted cause i cant find it with advanced search. i guess somobody dont like that people discuss that . they dont realize that forum without users is dead forum...

It was removed because some of the OTF regulars decided to take the thread downhill with trollish and general flame comments.

If that sort of thing happened/happens in this forum, watch out ... my sword will strike faster than people can blink.

The banstick has been replaced by the bansword? That would irreversibly result in only permabans. That sword is so legendary, even a slight touch at least results in a multimonth ban.

Both pics are actually very solid feedback. Good work, Synx. I hope the Admins will make use of that detailed info. Though, you didn't agree with the linkbar heading down while scrolling?

I'd prefer that the forums went back to the original size, with all links on top or bottom, but if the sidebar is here to stay then a scrolling bar would indeed be a lot more functional.

Yeah I checked the forums on a 4:3 screen and it was truly awful. The current setting is only doable on a widescreen.

I've whipped up two screenshots showing what I believe is wrong with the design, and how to make it a bit more user friendly.

Personally, I think that getting a horizontal ad from jinx instead of that vertical one is pretty critical.

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/5234/forum1wb2.jpg

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/4951/forum2kr3.jpg

Feedback?
with the 2nd screenshot, one could lose the open space by clicking on the up arrow button near posting rules