Did the Forums just get funky?

Re: Did the Forums just get funky?

You use public pc's a lot then dii?
No point in not auto logging in with trusted site if you are on a private pc. If the owners would want to do harm with the information that extra cookie on your pc won't make a difference.

Perhaps it's time to break that bad habit of mine in either case.

You use public pc's a lot then dii?
No point in not auto logging in with trusted site if you are on a private pc. If the owners would want to do harm with the information that extra cookie on your pc won't make a difference.
No, I use only home computer and work computer. Maybe I'm just paranoid. :laugh:

How are you posting when offline Dii legend? You log in make a post and log off? Or the forum is weird again?

If you just accept that your information can be obtained and leave it at that you'll have a live thats a whole lot easier. You can put dii as your homepage and immidiatly make posts! (Then that nice post/day ratio of yours can become even more shiny :))

How are you posting when offline Dii legend? You log in make a post and log off? Or the forum is weird again?
"Invisible Mode" is one of the "perks" for donating as a Platinum PAL.

It's almost impossible to get any of your information from the database, even if you're the admin. Your password is encrypted.

Encrypted? Hah, unlikely. I think you'll find they're stored as a hash.

And Admins do have access to that hash. Using a rainbow table, it's a fairly trivial operation to crack a large number of passwords.

True enough :D

In other news, managed to get rid of the damn bar on the left.

Win.

Is there any update on the ton of missing information in the profile screen? It's very annoying to have to miss such a pristine functionality :sad:

Even more than the forums did themselves?

You have that special talent. ^_^

No, I use only home computer and work computer. Maybe I'm just paranoid. :laugh:

I have the same... It's certainly paranoia but it probably saved me many times so I'm ok with it. :)

Is there any update on the ton of missing information in the profile screen? It's very annoying to have to miss such a pristine functionality :sad:

There's a large update to vbulletin itself. The missing profile page has been noted along with a few trader issues too.

I see : well I hope all gets fixed asap : I got spoiled by the previous forum version :thumbsup:

Why aren't the Mods interacting with us users? It's a bit lame a Mod has to step in every now and then, leaving most question/suggestions unanswered.

What're they going to say? What do you want from them?

The forums are being updated. There's going to be problems. The mods probably don't quite know/don't care what the admins are doing to the forums and are more than likely as upset as the rest of the people who're complaining.

But they have something....something called "patience".

Yeah, my bad. I seem to mix up Mod and Admin now and then. I meant the Admins ofcourse, credits for them for answering some. But I'm quite confused they respond very limited in response to the community.

What you have to realize is
1) The update is a vbulletin one itself plus the updates to the front page and the blogging and the other stuff Rush recently added
2) We all have different settings so what might be a problem for you isn't necessarily one that we have (there was an issue with "you do not have correct access privileges to view this page" recently; looked fine to me but not to a regular member) if you don't say something, we don't know
3) Snagging. Anyone who has ever done anything like this will tell you snagging is done and often problems aren't easy to trace
4) Admins have real lives. It's true. Honestly.
5) It's a Bank Holiday here so I hope someone is enjoying a beer in their garden

i am liking the new profile page...who wants to be my friend? the graphics for the buttons are still broken...it shows the red x thing.

i like the new feature where you can see that last 5 people who viewed your profile...i don't like that elly was one. :embarassed: i guess i have been naughty again.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x89/superdave02/visitors.jpg

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High