COPS forum mafia

Vote count:

Zokar (2): Sathoris, Bad Ash
Bad Ash (1): Zokar

Last edited:
BA: So you're saying that you're sure enough that zokar is scum that you'd prefer to force a mislynch(since we need all town to vote for scum if we're going to get them lynched) rather than lynch anyone else?
Laarz: Why did you spend that time yesterday bringing up your theory, but were unwilling to actually vote in favor of the results it suggested? And then today continued to lay suspicion on zokar(through specifically asking for his results first), but still refuse to vote for him?
Sathoris: Do you actually have a reason for any of the votes you've placed so far? I've seen you cycle around with who you're willing to vote for, but I don't believe I've seen a reason for why you believe(d) those players were scummy.
Goryani: Did/Do you have any reason for voting BA in the past, beyond the logical inconsistency of thinking there are lots of cops, and being so vehemently against a no lynch on D1? Do you believe that Zokar's invalid results, which you labelled a lie, are more likely to be honest mistakes, or lies meant to confuse town? If just mistakes, why use the lie language?
Zokar: At what point did this theory of yours coalesce into something you believed in enough to bring up? In spite of the clear inconsistencies pointed out by Goryani? Did you notice those inconsistencies and just dismiss them out of hand, or did you just think they wouldn't be noticed?
Mostly just a glaring oversight. I mentioned that. Trying to focus on what I though had to be something complex that I missed the obvious.
I still hold that there is a reason behind my unique investigation result and Sathoris unique investigation result. That much, should be clearly obvious.

All I can say at this point is if I'm lynched, town loses.

Consider this, if both mafia were not yet voting for me, they could have locked me and it's over.

This suggests at least one, if not both scum are currently voting for me. Coincidentally, both are at the center of the exactly two unique public investigation results. I don't know what factors everybody else is considering, but the path forward is not as cloudy as you all are pretending it to be.

Or it could mean that youre scum and your partner naturally isnt voting for you. The argument that scum would bave locked you already if they werent already voting is pretty weak in the face of the other possible reasons for you not being locked yet. As far as factors are concerned...there is simply too much to decipher about our investigations, so im going off of scummy behavior...and this all feels pretty scummy to me.

Vote: Zokar

Goryani: Did/Do you have any reason for voting BA in the past, beyond the logical inconsistency of thinking there are lots of cops, and being so vehemently against a no lynch on D1?

Several reasons. Pushing for a D1 lynch while thinking everyone was a cop. Thinking everyone was a cop, not just thinking all townies are cops (that early...). Addressing skepticism toward others (Zokar) for being surprised when learning the cops of this game aren't sane/insane/naive/paranoid (even though Zokar later said it was anger, not surprise, BA addressed the surprise factor). While pushing for the anti-no-lynch idea D1, BA first said it was a trap used to catch scum who latch on to the run-the-numbers idea while also saying it was a warning to everyone because he was sure not everyone thought of it on their own.

Do you believe that Zokar's invalid results, which you labelled a lie, are more likely to be honest mistakes, or lies meant to confuse town? If just mistakes, why use the lie language?

The impossibility/lie is only an impossibility/lie if Zokar's theory is true. It's a proof by contradiction. If the theory "proves" three people are mafia then the theory isn't correct.

I'll divulge setup soon. A little busy putting in every min into this MFO (SCREW YOU TEMPLAR'S MIGHT)

Gory and numbers have won. Congrats!

^5 gory! :) So, having our knowledge of the set up change on D3 was a really big deal. If we had known D1 about the unique cops, then I would have thought some combination of mass self investigate and mass investigations of the same target would have yielded a lot of information. Instead, the first two nights investigations were way less effective than they should have been.

Ok I've got some time to lay out the setup. I made 2 big mistakes in this game. First, I should suggested self investigations were not useful (for the mafia to do at least) and secondly I should have said cops were non-standard immediately.

Everyone is a cop, including mafia. The results of an investigation were dependent on how many players investigated the same target.

3+ = true alignment result
2 = 50/50 b/w correct read and neutral
1 = random b/w town/neutral/mafia

Role description:
Officer Pharphis
Alignment - Town
Cop – each night you can choose to investigate another player, and receive their alignment
Flavor – The more the merrier when it comes to solving crime
I would have liked a night start, maybe without a kill... dunno, tough to say.
Town suffered imo by every single player being investigated only once (except CDM and whoever he investigated lol)

So like I said,the only way town could win the game as total luck,because in a game this short there is no way to figure out any mechanic. Didn't like this game and this will most likely be the last mafia game I will play.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High