Confessions of a Glitcher: One strategy to maximize Wealth from CS

Not entirely sure why you keep referring to Pul+ as a HR. Before my hiatus, a HR was considered to be Vex+. Pul-Gul are mid-runes.

Other than that, thank you for the write-up. A very interesting strategy that I'll definitely give a shot some day.

I missed that memo. In the early days of the LK thread, we were tracking all Pul+ drops. I was simply being consistent here...

Edit: I revised my posts to remove suggestions that Pul-Gul was HR.

Last edited:
It is not needed, per se. It is possible that one could roll a CS board with great grouping at/near the Pentagram. In that case, Delirium serves only to provide CC and some amount of safety to the player and merc.

On my board, and I would guess many/most, the act of tele'ing to/fighting with De Seis will pull/draw monsters to his seal, away from the Pentagram (again, if that is where your density is, like mine).

By using Delirium (i.e. Confuse) at the pentagram, it pulls those monster back towards the center where they can be glitched.

If it was not clear enough, monsters deep into both wings (in my case DeSeis and Infector) do not get glitched because they are outside of aggro range while tele'ing to the last seal.

Right, now I get you :)

I missed that memo. In the early days of the LK thread, we were tracking all Pul+ drops. I was simply being consistent here...

I'm sure that you did actually differentiate between Pul-Gul at some point. I think that it differs a lot between people, but like you said, Pul+ is often used for purposes of collecting data.

I tried necro with long lasting confusion and everything aggroed died except those creeps who were under influence of confusion. They were left alive. Check screenshot.

I could maximize confusion to aggro whole CS to see will Diablo come to the big party lol. Overall works every time.

KDD4L07.jpg

Now to think more about it, same thing happens during Baal running. Sometimes when confusion is on creeps (once boss is dead), Baal no longer recognizes his creeps and spawns the next wave anyway. This is what happens here I think which is why this happens. Game simply doesn't recognize creeps once they are confused. Which could mean that confusion plays no role in glitching at all, in fact could be counter productive.

Grip,

Are you still on the same timer (i.e. 5 secs), or is it extended with Necro's confusion?

To reiterate, the role of Delirium's confusion is to increase density within a given area, since monsters are attracted to a confused mob. You can see in several of my videos that as I tele away from the pentagram, surrounding monsters ignore me on the way to the melee...

I would have to test by confusing creeps right next to a seal. Tomorrow unless someone else does it.

Basically it is the same mechanism as when you herd a chicken to Blood Raven to get Annihilus.

Fun stuff! All completely new to me, while apparently it's common knowledge for the bnet crowd? Shows how much public CS and Baal runs I've done, I guess. :p

I suppose the seal and throne room triggers check for monsters of a certain alignment, within a certain area. This would be an easy way to prevent players' creatures to be included, and this would also explain why Confused monsters are not included, because Confuse temporarily changes a monster's alignment. Skills like Mind Blast and Conversion should achieve the same (if this is correct, anyway).

If it's a bug, it's tough to guess why the seal trigger makes monsters that have been triggered in the past ~5 seconds drop items. But maybe when Confuse runs out, monsters are automatically re-triggered, resetting that 5-second timer. That potentially buys you time, though if you're too fast and they're still confused, then it will backfire on you.

Maybe this was implemented like this on purpose, as a way to have monsters that were near the last seal that was popped, still drop items. If that's the case, then perhaps the seal trigger simply looks for non-dead monsters of X alignment that made a non-idle AI move within the last X frames. And I guess this check would be done after popping the 2 "empty" seals, as well as after killing Seis, Infector and Vizier.
Didn't even know the game kept track of how long ago monsters were "aggro'd" or whatever is going on here, maybe this is a CS-specific thing?

As for Magic Find, I presume that this would not be applied at all, because you are not the killer. When a monster is killed there is always a check for the source of the damage that killed it, and in this case the source is probably just null. This would also explain why there's no Experience gain.

Does anyone happen to have some juicy sources for this stuff? :D

I watched a video on YouTube about this the other day, and the guy's explanation made sense to me. No idea if it's actually true, but I suspect it is. Basically, the game only handles monsters that are within 2 screens of the player. Everything else is basically non-existent. When you aggro a monster and quickly move out of the 2 screens range, there is a period of 5-8 seconds until the game disregards those monsters. That is, they are no longer considered to be active. When you pop the last seal, every active monster gets killed.

First, after watching that vid, I obviously need to work on my hair...

Second. Who knew? I guess my observations were just not that rare...

It has been known for a while, just not tested properly in terms of efficiency. Last time it came up here, after which I watched some vids on YouTube, there are several. IIRC it was debated among 99ers earlier as well when I just joined the forums (can’t find the discussion atm), but not with teleporting back all the way since they were more interested in XP ofc.

Interesting stuff here. I tried it briefly yesterday on my HC Hammerdin. I didn't like it at all. So even if it's more efficient, I'll probably stay away from this glitching thing.

I'm testing this while running CS with Hammerdin. No rune luck whatsoever, but I did find some nice base items this way. I have mixed feelings about this.

I would probably stay away from this as well. It seems way too much of a hassle even if the drops are slightly better.

I play Enigma-free so this isn't even an option for me but even if I did use Enigma, I likely would not partake. This seems like a suicide run in HC.

@sanguillen Teleporting through the CS with a Hammerdin is plenty safe.

@sir_cyclops That I'm not actually playing the game (eg. killing stuff) for large part of the game. Instead I'm just teleporting around, and in the end I hit the 'let's roll that jackpot' button and hope for the best.

@sanguillen Teleporting through the CS with a Hammerdin is plenty safe.

@sir_cyclops That I'm not actually playing the game (eg. killing stuff) for large part of the game. Instead I'm just teleporting around, and in the end I hit the 'let's roll that jackpot' button and hope for the best.
I guess it's just like LK or rack farming in that regard (not playing).

Not killing stuff = No XP. After a while, the XP is more important to me than the HRs. And also the item drops.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High