Stream your D2 gameplay!

pharphis

Aug 1, 2011
Consider this the real-time analogue to the gameplay video thread. There has been enough streaming posts laterly that I figured I'd start a thread for people to link to their stream/comment.

For most (all?) people this is done on twitch, so if you've got the time and interest i'll start it off with a bunch of HC CE duels between my novamancer and nihlathak. I'm 1 level higher than him (96) so I'm much better at this than he is.

http://www.twitch.tv/pharphis

Nice thread idea. :thumbsup:

Been thinking about doing this, but i doubt there's interest in watching more then 2 Baalruns with a summoning necro. Let alone multiple k's worth.

Other than that i'm wondering what the screen looks like when you play. Is it like a sligthly smaller full screen for D2 and the messages on the left/right side? Does it cause lag? And most importantly: does the audio have a spellcheck so people can understand what you're saying. :D (Or how interested would people be in viewing a stream without someone using a headset?)

I play D2 windowed and I see the twitch messages on my right because I play with that window open, too. I'm not sure how else to do it.
I don't think it causes me any lag.
I have a headset but I usually just type comments or responses because I tend to listen to music and don't know how to separate "all system sounds" from the stream.

I really enjoy watching people play (especially those more experienced than myself) but I definitely prefer listening to people speak than type.

I'm going to stream again :)

Don't let me hog the thread, though

edit: stream down. someone told me SP was a waste of time heh

Last edited:
Is there a FAQ or something on how to stream game play? I think people might enjoy seeing me make a **** of myself and swearing at the game.

Jcakes is right! I made the grailer
edit: finally down. I was streaming for 9.5 hours and played for most of it. Yikes
Got 30 mil exp which is 3x my daily goal atm

Last edited:
I'm streaming again. not sure for how long but let's see if I can do 2-3 hours of nihl + pits with my 97 Necro :)

edit: nvm

Last edited:
I'm travelling with work, so my streaming capabilities are even less possible than if I were at home. Otherwise, I'm bored, potentially intoxicated to some degree, away from home, and would like to watch. :(

*cuddles pharphie and goes to the bar*

My bad - The timestanp is 04:21 - I read it as: 4:21 pm -> which would have been 1621

Yes, it's hot, I'm tired but am glad I'm home. :)

Send some of your heat this way! It was +7 the other day and that was considered "warm". Can't wait for the summer...

How about I take a trip to Canada - I would like to go there during winter. :)

Edit: Oops - you can always come to Australia too. We got some nice warm days for you.

Last edited:
How about I take a trip to Canada - I would like to go there during winter. :)

Edit: Oops - you can always come to Australia too. We got some nice warm days for you.
Your winter or our winter? Just the other week it was -25 without the windchill. I had to replace the battery in my car.

And I'll never go to Australia. I refuse to go to any place where there are spiders bigger than my face.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High