Ouch.

Re: Ouch.

Ouch... =(

*backs up D2*

If you need any help getting any of that stuff back, I'm also here to help. I should have duplicates of the things you've mentionned, so I can always spare a few.

Good luck in recovering your hard drive. I know how hard it can be.

Oh man, that's a ugly loss, and the D2 side is just the wart on the gargoyle's nose.

If you need something....

CB

Noodle, see what your techy friends can do. Data should be recoverable even after a re-install, providing you didn't do a full format. And maybe even after that if they know what they're doing.

I'll add my name to the "let me know if you need stuff/rushes/help" list. :)
1.12a sc rwm/rrm although I do have some vanilla items.

Ouch. :(
And double ouch for the photo's and video's (hopefully they're just pr0n...ok, ok, just adding some light humor into a very disheartening situation).

Sorry for the grave lost, if you need some help starting out and developing new chars, just post and I'm sure many of us will be able to help you.

--maxgerin

That really sucks. Hopefully your friends can recover some data.

Another piece of advise: turn off automatic updates to the O/S and all apps. As long as you check for updates yourself, your system will be protected and you decide when to update (after you do your backups).

Noodle I had a similar thing happen to me and I was able to recover some of my things (although not all unfortunately) ... let me know via IM of your choice and I'll let you know what I Did and help in any way I can.

I got a call from the techie who's been working on it, and he's been able to recover almost everything. (Except some music that I can easily replace.) My motherboard doesn't recognise the soundcard, so I may need to pick upa new one, but that's a minor expense.

I really appreciate the support and offers of assistance, both here and via PM. It shows what a classy community the SPF is, and I'm humbled by your generosity. A better group of people you won't find anywhere.

- Noodle

Glad to hear it. Just remember, it's someone else's fault. Find them, blame them, make them pay.

Glad I read through all the posts and find out you got your data back:thumbup:
Close call! Now go back whacking some monsters! :grin:

Nice to hear you got it sorted out with minimal damage. :thumbsup:

Add a USB Memory Stick and an External HardDisk to the Soundcard you're buying.
It would save you from the agony if and when you experience another close call.

--maxgerin

Fantastic news, Noodle. :congrats:

I echo the memory stick idea, those flash devices are cheap now. Can I also suggest you download 7zip and just zip the entire save directory and your ATMA stashes on a regular basis and then email them to yourself. Really easy way to back up; dated and everything in your inbox.

I echo the memory stick idea, those flash devices are cheap now. Can I also suggest you download 7zip and just zip the entire save directory and your ATMA stashes on a regular basis and then email them to yourself. Really easy way to back up; dated and everything in your inbox.

This is exactly what I do. I compress the save and atma folders, store them in two separate memory sticks and my email about once a month or every time I see one of these threads. Maybe a bit overkill, but I'd like to know that something I've used hundreds of hours on is safe.

Fantastic news, Noodle. :congrats:

That's a really good idea - I see a new weekly routine in my future. Thanks!

Glad to hear you got everything back.

Paranoid backup is the way to go - External HD, USB, web mail and CDs FTW!

Never made any backup, never needed it. Learning how to properly use a computer/OS will help you more in the long run.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High