Ok then crawlingdeadman, whats your problem

Re: Ok then crawlingdeadman, whats your problem

my whistan's socketed with a pdiamond kicks ***.

lidless rocks on pvm java zon, 3-5 manaperkill and with p diamond in it, it gives res as well. oh wait, it got lower lvl req, why would i want that, i know, its m lvl gear... hmm...

but if i want spirit as my end game shield, it aint that gozu, 1 skills to all, mana per kill, res and other mods such as +max mana and cost less then spirit ( let alone phinex ) hmm... :scratchchin:

and java zon main play ground is cows for big packs of cows... 1 java can kill 20-40 cows with ez, and thats what, form 60 mana to upto 200 mana regen in 1 java... hmm... huge mana problems :whistling:

and unlike monarch shield, lidless

a) has lower str req so you can go for max block

b) more base block, so you have to spend less points in dex for mb

conclusion. go for stormshield :smug: and mock CDM for annoyin everyone and telling to back off *hides*

Code:
Phoenix
Level 10-15 Redemption Aura When Equipped (varies)

Code:
Spirit 
+2 To All Skills
+89-112 To Mana (varies)

one of the skills that makes a javazon a javazon is fury. it is hugely mana intensive. i propose that the only "good" mod on phoenix is half countered by the giant amount of mana you get from spirit. the other half of this complete killing of phoenix for a javazon is one or more of the following things; bigger pool (you gain mana back faster the more you have), leech (not really ideal imo since you have to hit something to leech it), massive regen (read: meditation), or my personal favorite, mana per kill. with as little as 3 mana per kill you can take over the rest of what redemption can offer. i
ps. use phoenix on switch you tools! it'll get you the same thing!
I agree that its +2/mana vs redemption for spirit vs pheonix. But I dont agree that 3maek is enough for LF, I have played some amas with it, and I cant really say it was enough. You kill a group of 5 and get 15mana back, but you used 2-3 LFs, to kill them, which makes your mana out higher than mana in.

personally i think the perfect shield for a pvm javazon is lidless. it's got great ~4 mana per kill and 1 skill (among other things). a socket lets you customize it a bit as well. i also like how amazinly powerful faceted shields are.
Its 5maek from Lidless and I agree that it is a very underrated shield for a java, but..it requiers more maek equipment (and/or sox it with either Tir or 3maek(/IAS) jewel) to make it efficient.

You are forgetting the ctc fire storm that delay your attacks.
ctc firestorm on phoenix is too annoying, though using it on switch is always an option as cdm pointed out, just as it is on some other chars (thinking of the mf/fcr/mana/infinity dillema of lightning sorcs).
I liked phoenix more, but my playstyle is pretty laid back compared to some so I didn't really mind the occasional firestorms and being slowed down a little at times.
1 mod which, imo, makes it completely unusable; ctc firestorm. i've a had a few deaths while poking bosses with CS as a result of the firestorm going off.
spirit was an improvement, but a stormshield made me nearly invincible, and is by far my favorite. i wanted to socket it an ias m/k jewel, but never found one before i started a new char.
The firestorm can be annoying, and ofc as with a torch, the firestorm makes high multiplayer games impossible. But I have never ever died while poking bosses..the CS is just to powerful and its just matters of seconds before bosses are dead, so I cant say that I recognize the problem.
And if it interupt my attack, and it makes me kill monsters in 4-5sec instead of 3-4sec, the it aint really a problem.

The idea of pretty much never chugging any pots does appeal to me ;)
Here is my main vote for Pheonix(ofc). When playing/planning/making a LF/CS Java, the main things you need to think of is imo(in random order):
+skills
100% Pierce
dealing with LIs
dealing with mana*

Infinity takes care of LIs, Razortail pierce and when you equip a Pheonix, you dont have to worry about mana either. So you can have all other items dedicated for +skills. Which makes the playing alot more relaxed and laid back imo, but that is ofc my playstyle. (This is also why I prefer non-eth Titans, it alot easier to just tp to town and rep for 1gold and go back, instead of waiting for the replenish)
*chugging manapots is imo not a good options, it just takes too long for it too fill, and I dont have an endless storage of fullrev pots either..

if you're using enigma (shudder)
Shudder?? You have a problem with Enigma on a Java also now? ;)

oh man, you must have missed the thread where i turned it into a discussion of teleport vs static.

i did... once...

oh man, you must have missed the thread where i turned it into a discussion of teleport vs static.

do post a link, i want to laught at your arguments. 99% of your arguments i found most funnies post ever, beside the fact that most of them are more harmful then useful.

I guess it is kind of sad that I posted so many times in that thread and have no recognition of it.

heh, i'm an *** :thumbsup:

@killamike; i'm not really surprised it's taken you this long to get aggressive against me.

When playing/planning/making a LF/CS Java, the main things you need to think of is imo(in random order):
+skills
100% Pierce
dealing with LIs
dealing with mana*

Changing topic again.

No Javazon with a reasonable (or even half-decent) slvl LF ever needs 100% pierce. It's a one point wonder skill that at slvl 12 is already allowing three out of four javelins to pierce. TGods, because it provides +% max res, light sorb, 20 (!) str, and LF/LS +skills, will always be the better option. Here is why:

Let's take an LF/CS Javazon with slvl 35 LF as an example. When thrown, her javelin will break into 36 bolts after auto-hitting the target (or the wall), and those bolts will seek out any monsters in the immediate area (it'd be great to have some mechanics knowledge there (e.g., specific radius on seek (cf. http://tinyurl.com/lahrm9 for some guesswork (~1/3 of the screen))) and will auto-hit them as well. If there weren't any monsters around, well, you should have looked before you chucked a javelin charged with lightning.

If she's at clvl 85 (97 available hard points) and has been focusing on synergies, then we're dealing with ~2100 points of light dmg per bolt. Throw on a Griffon's Eye, and now we're producing up to 2500 points and decreasing enemy resistance, thereby upping our light dmg even more. Oh, and there's that Infinity merc. At the end of the day, she and her merc are able to drop some packs in one or two throws, and while 100% pierce would almost guarantee odds like that, 75%, on top of what she's already doing (i.e., great damage and hitting a maximum of 36 nearby monsters), seems reasonable epecially in light of the sacrifices she'd make wearing Razortail over TGods.

Changing topic again.

No Javazon with a reasonable (or even half-decent) slvl LF ever needs 100% pierce. It's a one point wonder skill that at slvl 12 is already allowing three out of four javelins to pierce. TGods, because it provides +% max res, light sorb, 20 (!) str, and LF/LS +skills, will always be the better option. Here is why:

Let's take an LF/CS Javazon with slvl 35 LF as an example. When thrown, her javelin will break into 36 bolts after auto-hitting the target (or the wall), and those bolts will seek out any monsters in the immediate area (it'd be great to have some mechanics knowledge there (e.g., specific radius on seek (cf. http://tinyurl.com/lahrm9 for some guesswork (~1/3 of the screen))) and will auto-hit them as well. If there weren't any monsters around, well, you should have looked before you chucked a javelin charged with lightning.

If she's at clvl 85 (97 available hard points) and has been focusing on synergies, then we're dealing with ~2100 points of light dmg per bolt. Throw on a Griffon's Eye, and now we're producing up to 2500 points and decreasing enemy resistance, thereby upping our light dmg even more. Oh, and there's that Infinity merc. At the end of the day, she and her merc are able to drop some packs in one or two throws, and while 100% pierce would almost guarantee odds like that, 75%, on top of what she's already doing (i.e., great damage and hitting a maximum of 36 nearby monsters), seems reasonable epecially in light of the sacrifices she'd make wearing Razortail over TGods.

krems a nub, no one should listen to what he says. I go 0 pierce, i'm a rebel.

Haha, well I am somewhat inclined to agree. Other than Cows, you rarely are going to see a situation that really demands 100% pierce (vs. the safety of 'sorb). E.g. if the group is only 10-15 monsters large, the benefits of 100% pierce vs. say 75%+ is just not very large.

I daresay, I might even regret putting 5 hard points into it - just glad I stopped there, b/c with shako/titans/torch alone, that's putting me at lvl 12 (75%). Add the additional 10% max LR, sorb, 60hp, +3LF, I'd rather use the Tgods. If anything, I would say it is pure bowazons (who rely on piercing MS) to deal with crowds more than anything else.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High