Official 1.07 Superchest thread

pharphis

Aug 1, 2011
Most of you probably know that superchests (the ones that only drop magics/rares have a list of ~66k possible drops. There are up to 6 superchests in LK, 3 in RoF (2 is reasonably common and 3 is rare) and 1 in various areas in Act 5 (frigid highlands, halls of pain, etc.). Patterns have been documented for 1.12 and 1.13 LK but rigorous testing hasn't been done for earlier versions as far as I'm aware. 1.07 LK patterns have probably all been found for all runes gul+ and I'd like to extend this list as well as those for the other acts. Drops depend on player settings (p1-2, p3-4, p5-6, p7-8 give 4 different sets of patterns) so all patterns in this thread will be /p1-2 patterns because there are no /p settings in 1.07. While possible, it is way too inefficient to have multiple players join the game (and AREA, too) in 1.07 to change the settings.

I figured we needed a table for useful patterns in 1.07 superchests, so I've stolen the starting draft from here:
You can use text editor first, it's easier to get them alligned

Code:
Rune                Item 1                 Item 2              Item 3
#1 Hel Rune         Greaves
#1 Po Rune          Gauntlets              Heavy Belt
#2 Po Rune          War Hat                War Hat
#1 Lum Rune         Serpentskin A
#1 Ko Rune          Gothic Plate
#1 Lem Rune         Chain Mail
#1 Um Rune          Pavise                 D Gloves
#1 Vex Rune         Barbed Club            Griffon H           Sun Spirit
#2 Vex Rune         Quhab                  Cuirass
#1 Lo Rune          Balanced Knife

A3:
Code:

A4:
-empty for now-
A5:
-empty for now-

I will eventually go through all my A5 and A4 screenshots from the past to add some patterns, although I haven't personally found mal+ from those acts. Feel free to fill in your own or go through your screenshots for us <3

pharphis you should name yourself Lord de Seis 1.00 and give yourself the attribute Thief. You stole our personal table from my question thread^^. /sacrasm off

Anyways good initiative, gl gathering act 4 and act 5 data. Do note the frigid highland superchests drop the same patterns as everywhere in act 5 (whole act 5 drops act 5 (H) equip C.

Yes, although i'm too lazy to roll a map with the correct halls map + frigid chest close by + 2 RoF chests. Shouldn't take TOO long, though.

I checked my other maps and it's unfortunately too far away to reach the bonesaw chest, but just beside it is the drifter cavern and it's chest. anyone know if the drifter cavern chest is a superchest? That would be a good way to get 2 superchests relatively fast in A5

A3:
Code:
#1 Gul Rune         Halberd

A4:
-empty for now-
A5:
-empty for now-

Added the gul rune to A3 table from here:
http://s666.photobucket.com/user/Mostly-Harmless_2009/media/Screenshot026.jpg.html

Ok. So I'm trying to piece together an ideal map and I think it would be frigid + bonesaw/drifter + hall's of pain chest. This could probably work out to about a ~35 sec run with 4 chests. I suppose arreat plateau is also possible iirc or one of the red portals as the last stop in the run.

You know, it's kind of nice that these areas are so much safer in 1.07 heh

Absolutely true, but still you suffer from slow running speed there. I think you should just go for frigid + anquish + pain and then save and exit as glacial trail usually has a pretty bad maplayout.

Have't tried anguish. How many layouts are there? is the superchest anywhere near one of the exits?

Right now I did a handful of test runs of RoF (2 chests) + Halls of Pain + Bonesaw + Drifter and it takes less than 40 seconds total, and that's with sloppy teleporting. I also have to take the crystalline passage WP which takes an extra few seconds.

I think with lots of practice on this map (the teleporting to drifter after bonesaw is difficult) I could probably average 35 sec pretty easily. Once I gear myself a tad better I can also switch to some more frw to save maybe a second in some spots such as town or where teleporting is too frustrating (glacial entrance, drifter entrance...)

edit: what other areas in A5 have the superchests?

edit 2: My halls of anguish exit (to pain) AND superchest are right beside each other. I tried going through pindles garden although to pain (have to wait for wp to activate...) but I think it might just be faster to go up a floor from pain then TP to town :/

Still, this looks like it is useful.

Last edited:
I believe the anguish halls have the same layout as the pain ones, so that one is pretty easy. Nice you get a runtime below 40 sec on such a run. Do note the expected zodrate is 0.051 at players 8. That means there is atleast 95% chance there isn't a Zod pattern available (sorry to ruin your motivation!) The expected Cham and Jah rates are 0.18 and 0.27 which means there is a 70% chance they both aren't available...

We'll have to find out :p

I don't think I will reroll my map, tbh. 4 A5 chests + 2 RoF is pretty nice. I think after some optimization I should be able to do all of it around 41 seconds. I have to wait for a gear change to give myself more mana + 70 more FRW and then I'll be able to load up on some FRW charms if I feel like it. I'm currently using Arkaine's so there's room for more FRW from trang's but it's probably not necessary at that point. I only have to run in town twice and minimal other running. Safety is probably more important

edit: drifter cavern chest dropped a set item... ;(

edit 2: Well, not worth going for bonesaw on this map, in that case. Maybe some time I'll try to roll a map with both halls + RoF + frigid/bonesaw. As of now, I'm not getting many chests/second (1 per 6-8ish seconds, depending on how much I pick up). More chests per run would help a lot due to loading times and all of that.

Last edited:
Just for completeness sake, there are superchests in acts 1 and 2 as well. Most noteably the Arcane Sanctuary has a lot of them, with a theoretical max of Lo runes, while act 1 has theoretical max of Vex. As far as I can tell, the only real efficiency to be gained would be if there were an Ohm in the Arcane Sanctuary.

Here are some of my screenies from Hell LK:

Hel
Lum #1
Lum #2
Ko

And of course the Lo I mentioned earlier.

In the case of Lum#2, I'm not really sure if there were something in that pattern I picked up before I noticed the rune. I thought I would have more superchest screenies, but it seems that at least half of my Hel+ runes have come from other poppables and enemies. I also had Lum and Po drop from Nightmare LK superchests when I ran Slayer Guard rack there.

My current RoF/Act5 maps are basicly useless, so no results from there. I watched your stream for awhile yesterday @pharphis , and it seems like those areas can be run quite efficiently, so I may try that at some point, especially if there are some Um+ patterns LK lacks.

Last edited:
Just for completeness sake, there are superchests in acts 1 and 2 as well. Most noteably the Arcane Sanctuary has a lot of them, with a theoretical max of Lo runes, while act 1 has theoretical max of Vex. As far as I can tell, the only real efficiency to be gained would be if there were an Ohm in the Arcane Sanctuary.
Someone can add a table for those if they plan to run those areas. It's not a bad choice. Perhaps that's something to look forward to

Another Lem pattern:
K6KjiNn.jpg

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High