New Patch: Do We Dare Hope For New Unique Elite Bows? ifra

Re: New Patch: Do We Dare Hope For New Unique Elite Bows?

I don't get it dacar. That's like the last reason why I use treachery. The 45 ias is golden for my harmony, venom add decent damage. I'm often dead before fade triggers.

You're right. I forgot about the IAS. Forgive me. But I recall playing with Treachery for the fade. It hangs around for so long that you can do away with other + to resist gear and use Fade instead. It triggered every time I left town on a strafer.

I'd love to see, obviously not for Zons, but a runeword or unique elite bow with +1 Strafe oskill, like a ranged version of Passion. It'd open up the bow market for a lot of other classes since almost no other classes have many skills that work with bows....

Other than that, there isnt a need for any more pure-physical-damage bows since you have the GSA-Eaglehorn-WF progression. It'd have to either be a bow with an interesting oskill (not charges) like strafe, enchant, revive, CoS, with a good CtC like 10% lvl 10 Static Field on Striking, or 20% lvl 15 Corpse Explosion on kill (that'd be sweet :D), or with an aura-on-equip like conc or salvation. There also isnt really a need for a bow for cold arrow zons since there's already Ice, unless there was an Ice Lite (heh sounds like a tasty beer...) or a bow with +1 Cold Mastery oskill, so you could pump it with more +skills for your Frostmaiden.

Maybe a new unique bow with a good chunk of CB (~50%) and OW and some mega resists/life, to make an uber bowzon a little more feasible.

Really, though, aside from a CE-on-Kill bow, there really isnt that many unexplored build possibilities left for a bowzon...

You're right. I forgot about the IAS. Forgive me. But I recall playing with Treachery for the fade. It hangs around for so long that you can do away with other + to resist gear and use Fade instead. It triggered every time I left town on a strafer.

I would say that treachery is the only successful 1.11 runeword. All of the other ones go largely unused because of the proliferation of the better HR armors like CoH and Enigma, they often lack the stats for the particular class they were "designed" for.

the Myth and Enlightenment are cheap ways for prebuff characters to get another + skill (enchant or BO), but other than that most of them are never used, with the exception of treachery.

Also, I would like to note that it's arguable that treachery wasn't intended for assassins to wear in general, because the CtC Fade will overwrite BoS if you're using that, or it will overwrite higher level fade.

Similarly peace will overwrite a higher level Valk. etc etc.

A viable bow that is fast and casts LR would be awesome. Pus spitter would have almost been cool if it was a repeating crossbow, or if it was +2 all skills instead of necro skills...

Really, though, aside from a CE-on-Kill bow, there really isnt that many unexplored build possibilities left for a bowzon...

There is no bow for pure mageazons, nor runeword for them.

Hmm maybe this bow for fire zons

GMB
200-250ED
30 IAS
shoots immolation arrows
5% chance to cast meteor on striking (lvl 50 (unsynergized, so gotta make it high)
5% chance to cast Corpse Explosion on striking
30% chance to cast blaze on hit (lvl50)
+3 immolation arrows
3 sockets

peace is highly used in lld circles.

Don't we want the strafe bow to used differently then for amazons?

So I would go with low damage yet more other interesting features. fires exploding arrow for enchantresses with pierce. Fires guided arrows for venom assassins. Fires freezing arrow for ice-rangers (paladin build).

We are the top end for physical damage, I'd keep it that way.

Spider bow
300 ed
30 IAS
Knockback
30 OW
15 CB
- 30% enemy poison res
5% ctc on kill (lv 50) poison explosion
1 socket

Hmm maybe this bow for fire zons

GMB
200-250ED
30 IAS
shoots immolation arrows
5% chance to cast meteor on striking (lvl 50 (unsynergized, so gotta make it high)
5% chance to cast Corpse Explosion on striking
30% chance to cast blaze on hit (lvl50)
+3 immolation arrows
3 sockets

Let the bowasorcs begin.

too bad it's gmb...

It'd be awesome to see a non amazon bow (unique or runeword) which adds someting like +1 strafe and multi as oskills, a little ed to help mana and life leech (though this could be taken care of elsewhere) and some ias. Nothing fancy at all, just something to open other possibilities. Perhaps also fire exploding arrows or something, although sorcs already have their bow for enchant.

A runeword would be nice, so you could build it around buffs (venom, enchant, +elemental damage, procs etc) or make it for physical damage (palas and barbs). Doesn't barbs have a bow/xbow/ranged mastery? Or was that throwing weps only perhaps.

I don't really want the return on piercing GA as it would ruin my hybrid builds.

I'd like a bow that can compete in PvP if anything. Something sexy like tomb reaver.

Perhaps also fire exploding arrows or something, although sorcs already have their bow for enchant.

Not really, how much enchantress have you seen the last year? A combination of strafe with exploding arrows, something for spread out groups and something for packed groups could really make the builds much more interesting.
Heck, even guided arrows would make it more interesting. Right now, people laugh when they a sorcerer with a crossbow or a bow. That could very well change with the right bow.

@ SlainByPain: if you want some thing can compete with faith in a pvp environment, you will have something completely overpowered in pvm. Or you should already build it around poison.

Well, faith is still beaten by windforce in PvM (or so I've heard, don't PvM). Also, compete doesn't mean it has to be equal in every way. Something like windforce that can be advantageous in certain builds.

Piercing GA would be annoying because it'll mean I have to spend more than 1 point in pierce (probably, I forget how it scales).

Edit: Just checked, a difference of 65% to 91% between 1 point and max. That's pretty big.

If we give a non-zon bow strafe no one will ever make a bowzon again...why would they? what do bowzons have skill wise that benefits them?

pierce - there is razortail
penetrate - socket it with a jah or even eth
critical strike - highlords
d/a/e - character with higher def + dr + other skill (sorc shields, bone armor, cyclone armor)
valk - a sin's shadow, pets, summons
Cold/fire arrow chain - you trade these underpowered skills for 3 trees of another character
multishot - you got me...I have nothing that can replace this mana drain
guided arrow - perhaps widow on switch

That is why there can never be strafe on a regular bow.

You know blizzard, though =/.

Also, there are still certain numerical advantages amazons have in the strafe department. Especially if you don't give the bow ridiculous stats.

tinncann...thats about as absurd as saying no one will ever make a zealot again since you can make a Passion Barb.

Amazons will still be able to get their strafe level 19 points higher than non-zon strafe oskillers, that means more damage and more minimum arrows. There's no way you could make a viable 1v1 off-class strafer with only 1 hard point in strafe, since you'd only be shooting 2-3 arrows per volley against single targets.

Razortail does not replace pierce. You cant get 100% pierce as a non-zon. Jah doesnt replace Penetrate since ITD doesnt work against bosses, and that also means you cant socket your bow with any ED. Likewise, Highlords doesnt equal CS since 33% DS doesnt equal CS's 65% at diminishing returns. Shadow Master can compare to Valk, but I think a Strafesin would give a fun new way to play a relatively underappreciated and pigeonholed class, and no other summonable tank compares to Valk in both offense and defense. Plus, Strafe and Multi together are a potent combination together since they're both useful in different strategic situations.

And, lastly, you'd have to gear up a char in such a specific way to imitate a bowazon in all her facets, that you might as well just roll a bowazon anyway.

If we give a non-zon bow strafe no one will ever make a bowzon again...why would they? what do bowzons have skill wise that benefits them?

Because that bow should have very crappy damage making a physical damage based strafer that is non-amazon impossibly.
We will however see a rise in elemental strafers yet their pure strafe damage won't come close what amazons have, they won't have the leech we have and they might be much slow (/3 max for bows forinstance (assuming they fix the /2 bug anyway)).

And if we look at the possible other skill such elemental strafers have, we see lots of difference between those builds and amazons.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High