New Patch: Do We Dare Hope For New Unique Elite Bows? ifra

Oct 3, 2005
New Patch: Do We Dare Hope For New Unique Elite Bows?

Atm there is Crusader(Eaglehorn), Ward(Widowmaker) and Hydra(Windforce).

Lacking versions of:
-Spider bow
-Blade bow
-Shadow bow
-Great bow
-Diamond bow
and the amazon only: Grand Matron bow

What kind of unique bow would you like to see or you hope for?

Re: New Patch: Do We Dare Hope For New Unique Elite Bows?

i dunno krem. looking at some of the ones we have that no one uses, i'll say no. i like what we have unique wise even if no one else uses them.

I think we're like most classes with weapons in that 95% of the ppl use the same few "end game" items - after all there can only be one or two best items (depending on spec and aim).

Granted there are a few outside the box items like an upp'd WWS that are fairly uncommon but still competative (well less so now the IAS thingy has happened), but in general i guess a new bow/xbow that would top the charts would rewrite zons.

you party poopers, I want to see this bow:

Grand Matron Bow
cold resistance aura when equipped
+3 to frozen arrow
30IAS
5% chance of casting lower resist on HIT
10-15 -cold resists
15-20 increase cold damage
3 sockets

A bit overpowered, don't you think.

I want a good bow that can hit 7fpa without faith (for those poor people that can't afford one or play non-ladder).

Blade Bow:
150% enhanced damage.
5% dual leech
4 sockets.
Converts 5% to both magic, lightning, cold and fire damage (as PI solution).

I want to see this bow:

Grand Matron Bow
+3 to frozen arrow
30IAS
10-15 -cold resists
3 sockets
A bit overpowered, don't you think.
Hell no! I like it :thumbup: :D

Blade Bow:
150% enhanced damage.
5% dual leech
4 sockets.
Converts 5% to both magic, lightning, cold and fire damage (as PI solution).
What about if that where a Shadow Bow and the ed varies from 150-200? (and overpowering it abit with 5sockets?) :D

Shadow bows are slower, thus hitting 7fpa is harder.
And I want to hit 7 fpa.

So no, bad idea.

P.S. 200 ed and 5 sockets would mean a possible ed of 450. Not tanks, if they are going to build hell around this bow, many other possible bow (harmony included) would become totally useless as now already is happening with faith.

Its because they are slower that I added another socket :) 150ed/5sox then ;)
Harmony, compared to Faith and Wf., is already a midlvl bow.
Even with 4x Ohm in a 150ed Blade bow(350ed total), will still do low damage.

I would like a decent ed Shadow Bow with 5% Amp :nod:

I'd like to see the Guided pierce bug fixed. That would open up so many more builds and potentially open the way for more of the current bows to be used.

tinncann25 said:
you party poopers
Grand Matron Bow
+3 to frozen arrow
30IAS
10-15 -cold resists
3 sockets

That is overpowered if only for the LR on hit. Strafe would cause LR to be cast almost all the time. Sort of like what Threachery does for Fade.

yeah but then what would you do? you'd have to strafe until it procs then use FA. it's easier and more natural (to me) to FA until you're nearly out of mana then strafe.

Yeah, that's what a FA zon would do. But if there is "LR on hit" don't you think it would be used for Strafe more than anything else? Sort of like what happened to Treachery. Zon's use it and it was meant for sins. Zon's ignore most of the mods except for Fade. A bow like that might be used for Strafezons more than FA zons IMO. One point in FA and with that bow you get 4 plus your + to skills. Far more than enough to freeze enemies then strafe them to death.

New bows would be cool, but even more cool would be fixing the mechanics of bowazons, along with their low damage / low reistance...

Perhaps that's just because my strafeazon got stuck in hell... regardless of being twinked (though it was in players /3).

I would like to see a bow w/ conviction aura lvl 1, 30% res all, +2 bow and crossbow skills, +1 all skills, 2 sockets, adds 200-300 fire damage, adds 200-300 cold damage, 150-200% ed.

5% ctc LR on hit would be pretty good too.

Yeah, that's what a FA zon would do. But if there is "LR on hit" don't you think it would be used for Strafe more than anything else? Sort of like what happened to Treachery. Zon's use it and it was meant for sins. Zon's ignore most of the mods except for Fade. A bow like that might be used for Strafezons more than FA zons IMO. One point in FA and with that bow you get 4 plus your + to skills. Far more than enough to freeze enemies then strafe them to death.

Remember that the bow doesnt have any ed, so your damage wouldnt be high with Strafe. So if you are Strafing for the proc, you will be swarmed me thinks.

Hi,

I think more bow runewords would be nice - preferably for 5 socket bows!

Cheers

*Epiphany
*Pif

Zon's use it and it was meant for sins. Zon's ignore most of the mods except for Fade.

I don't get it dacar. That's like the last reason why I use treachery. The 45 ias is golden for my harmony, venom add decent damage. I'm often dead before fade triggers.

i second the 5 socket bow runewords. top it off by making them NL!

nah, now you're asking too much :D

you're not the only one, trust me.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High