New Ladder - Fishymancer Questions Answered

Re: New Ladder - Fishymancer Questions Answered

Do bosses like diablo still get a large damage boost against summons? If so, how much?

But it's no big deal - nothing is going to effect your opinion anyways, so it's not worth bantering over this issue any more. I am always going to feel that your guide would be better suited to players if you had a more pronounced section for avg player end-game gear, and a discussion about how Enigma can enhance the build for the wealthy but is in no way needed to succeed in Hell Mode. I know you will never admit as much, but at least your guide has a couple of important lines like telling them to put 20 in RS,SM,CE :)

I've already admitted as much. I usually kill Hell Baal the first time without so much as a vipermagi.

Regardless, I will take your thoughts into account and will think about how I might edit my post to possibly avoid alienation of players in the situation you describe.

I don't believe that's not true at all

many people can't find high level runes,
http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=797799
and if so many people can't find them, I find it hard to believe that items made from them are that common and easy to get

how many is a "a few"
I have never seen a skiller for a necro.
I've found gc skillers for martial arts, offensive auras, defensive auras, even cold skillers, but never a necro skiller of any kind.

The highest rune I've found is an ist I think? Not very exceptional. However there are a lot of hr's floating around to be traded for. Similarly while I find a good number of gc skillers (or roll them at least) I rarely find one for that character, that's where trading comes in. I would be amazed if someone found all gear for themselves, you have to trade the good stuff to get it, the world works that way and this game is no different, things you find may be of little calue to you but of great value to others.

As for time playing I probably go fr about 4/5 hours a week if I'm playing online, currently I am probably on about an hour, if that. I don't mean you'll get it instantly but it doesn't take too much time, people normally rush me and I'll be at Baal before too long (people normally rush me meaning random people, I play too inconsistently to have active friends), a few runs here and there and before long you'll be in nightmare or hell, mf items are easy to find if you keep an eye out on the way (normally I pick up rings and amus over anything else) and fishy's need no special gear to just survive so stash em and once you're strong enough, use em!

Learning the value of items is important, I really don't play often and one big MF game may be my session for the day but I almost always get one or two tradeable items by the end, certainly a few lower end things for pgems. I just hit most high ilvl areas in hell and easy to reach bosses/uniques. I'm not saying you'd find everything you need in a few games but ultimately enigma is not too hard.

Of course, given my total play time I do wonder how there are so many high runes floating about and always have my armour ready just in case but still, it works for me.

IF you want to boss run as ANY character other than sorc, you NEED an enigma to be effective. But if you want to area clear or solo hell, you can use the fishy naked. It's pretty much as simple as that. pre-enigma, no other class did MF runs. You had your sorc to build wealth, and you had your main char for area clears and PVP. I have played this game since it game out 10+ years ago through times of 30 minute play times working 40 hour weeks and full on 10+ hour sessions during highschool/college. Unless you are an untwinked single player (and if you are untwinked, why are you doing MF runs?) or fresh on a new ladder, you can get an Enigma.

IF you want to boss run as ANY character other than sorc, you NEED an enigma to be effective. But if you want to area clear or solo hell, you can use the fishy naked. It's pretty much as simple as that. pre-enigma, no other class did MF runs. You had your sorc to build wealth, and you had your main char for area clears and PVP. I have played this game since it game out 10+ years ago through times of 30 minute play times working 40 hour weeks and full on 10+ hour sessions during highschool/college. Unless you are an untwinked single player (and if you are untwinked, why are you doing MF runs?) or fresh on a new ladder, you can get an Enigma.
My single player MF barb says "nay, good sir!"

Yes, teleport is useful for the very fastest boss killing times (especially with random maps on battle.net), but it's possible to generate wealth without the duperune options.

And Enigma is available on Bnet for very little (PGems, even), but many of us eschew dupe trading for self-found items.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High