Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

@pharphis - You get the bonuses of stealth runeword for the duration of one level while being under the level 17 requirement. It will probably be brought up in the stream, but it's not hard to figure out how it's done. Fairly harmless bug that only speed runners use from time to time. I've never tried it so I can't confirm it works.

@Redtang :

I think it would be helpful to talk with someone. Especially since it sounds like you don't have many close relationships. I am also a super introvert, and it's helped me greatly.

@pharphis : I'll watch that video later, no time now (I'm assuming you're aiming that at me ;))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ofc ;)

Nah it's for anyone who is interested in the Ark thing

@Drystan - actually, I'm still uni but kinda higher level as I'm doing a PhD course. Not sure if I can do it but I won't resign from it.

I would like to have someone around me. Never had a real friends, except few people on FB. I am also an introvert. I don't like any parties or so, no alcohol or smoking. Maybe it would be better with a small group than completely alone.
It is very hard to meet people when you don't enjoy clubbing or going out drinking. THe like-minded people never know comfortable, quiet places to meet up. And the people you do meet don't understand why you don't enjoy noisy clubs or want to hang out while they're drinking.
There are people out there who would be great to meet, but it is harder than socialites, and no one really can answer it for you.

If the uni are paying to speak to someone, it might be a good idea to take them up on it. The person may not be the correct person, but try keep an open mind, and if things aren't really going anywhere after a decent number of attempts, ask if he could refer someone who might be more... understanding or experienced with your thoughts.

Also, go for the PhD. You may or may not use it in the future, but it keeps you occupied and learning something you've studied. Hopefully it helps out in the future, but it's still an achievement that a good number of people never do.

Thanks all ! :) I have decided tu push more my PhD. I am more or less done with concept stage of it. I am also sure that I will need someone's else help with getting the sources. BTW, had some strange ideas when I played WoW: I would join a clan and they would help me with my PhD dissertation. xD That would be pretty crazy.

Have to check some psychologists near my town. Getting to capital is too expensive as I don't have a montly ticket.

Great to hear you want to continue with the PhD. It is a big achievement to persevere with, and you will come out with a lot of life learning, experiences and accomplishments that many people don't get.
I've heard people who have done PhD's and post-bachelor studies receive a lot of support from their faculties and lecturers, so I really hope you get the same from your university. It does sound like you have a lot of experiences going for you, so do your best, and keep chatting with the forums, and people that you can.

That's funny about the WoW "support." I've met a lot of people I really care about in terms of their life and how they are going through online games. Back in it's day, I had a great friend from USA in StarCraft, and we would often talk about life and family, work and business. It is still just an online friend, but we'd talk a lot about how we were going, and support each other and share experiences. Just talk about daily life, while enjoying the game.
It's not unlikely to meet some really great people online, even if you may never meet them in person. There are really genuine and honest people who will help and support each other. There are also great people you will meet in person as well.

I apologise for asking something probably already said, but I've been off of D2 and the forums for a long time, and haven't kept up to date with new forumites. What's your experience with the D1 and D2 series? Did you give DIII a go at some point, or just prefer the classics? Which types of chars (melee/range/mage) do you generally prefer, and when did you first find D2 and this community?

@Drystan. Thanks for the reply. I've bought D3 a few-ish days ago. Payed too much but these retail boxes are very cool. Never played it xD Not even the Starter. xD I'm playing D2 now mostly to remind the story. I play necro summon and it's a bit boring. Kinda "tourist mode". Should play some more dynamic char.

I've used to play D1 with mostly rogue (if I remember that correctly), then mage and recently, I finished both D1 and Hellfire with a warrior. Only normal difficulty level. Had a mage (I dont remember now) in a Belzebub mod. Diablo here is even stronger than in D2 ! Battling him feels like a real achievement. In Hellfire my warrior was so strong that when I lured out Diablo and 1v1 him, he couldnt even hit me. xD Like a lvl 1 nab trying to kill lvl 99 pro with BiS gear everywhere.

I have never finished D2 at Hell mode. Was close once - a sorceress WITHOUT static field and teleport. Yes. Finished all up to hell Ancients. Had also a barb in hell. He couldn't kill a Fallen. Now, my characters were not even past normal.

Had a pirate copy of D2 but never finished the game. IDK why. I have all Diablo games as retails now. Even Hellfire (it was bundled with Diablo. The discs are in a very poor condition. I use a d/led ISOs instead of them). D3 was my first bought retail game for a very long time. I stopped buying games and started buying music.

And community - here is my only and 1st D2 community I am socializing into. I check other sites from time to time but anonymously.

Now my necro is in A4 normal. These demons with big swords are quite a good revives. At least they seem to be good as they try to participate in combat.

Awesome. Thanks for the information. Definitely check Mat/Pat/Guardian threads for help if you need, and ask questions. In 10 years, the quality of responses and help people can provide has not changed. It's always been a really welcoming, friendly and informative community, so feel free to share and ask anything you want.

Haha. Back when we bought a game... Way back in the late 90's/early 00's, we got something completely new, and played it to death on day one! Now, with so much accessible, from information to gameplay videos to walkthroughs on day one (even pre-alpha builds!), it's probably less interesting to buy a new game and really delve into it. We also LOVED collecting the CD's, manuals and boxes (I still have the original D1, D2, SC+BW and a couple other boxes with CD's!) I guess things have changed a touch for the general gamer nowadays. If I bought D3, I'd probably not play it for quite a while now as well. XD But I do want to... One day.
To be honest, I watch YouTubers play games that I generally won't when it comes to new games.

I'm playing the Belzebub (Beelzebub?) mod for D1 now. I've got a Warrior and Sorcerer up to Diablo (normal,) and it is hard. The Sorc is a lot easier and quicker, but the added ability to share items in-game is much welcomed. Still progressing slowly as I have time.
I read the quests, and apparently, you have 1 hour to beat Diablo, or he becomes almost impossible. And the warrior I have struggles with the uniques in the area, so needs to get some better gear and a level or two. It's hard, but that also makes it a fun challenge.

Previously, I played D1+Hellfire every now and then to a strong level - I have no idea what. But then I'd twink on found/bough "(???) Ring of the Zodiac", and the game for new characters would be easy. With D1+Hellfire, items didn't have level requirements, so you could pretty much equip godly items on a new character.
I am glad Belzebub mod changed that, and added so much more to it.

Up to D3 and my short adventure with WoW, my latest game I played was LoL. xD Maybe Civ 4.

Belzebub mod made kinda D2 out of D1. Rare items, greatly expanded game play, kind of skill tree (necro can summon minions !) + HD. Blizz still haven't HD'ed D2 or D1. D1 was also translated into Polish. Hellfire too... wow. It's not necessary now but it's nice. The same guy is currently working on Polish versions of Warcraft 2 and 1. With dubbing, like D1. That's a great feat I think. Even if text would lack Polish-specific letters.

I had a lot of games, mostly from game mags but I have given it away. Now I basically play only Diablo xD

BTW, just had a screen-worthy situation. Popped an urn in A4 (not RoF, the previous area). It popped an unique spiked club. Half perfect (6 dmg to attacker out of 3-10 range). That was a nice random act of kindness. Totally unexpected from an unanimated thing.

Just replaced my +3 Skeleton Mastery wand with Ume's Lament. The loss of 1 point to SM wasn't a big loss. My skellies are slightly over 100 dmg per hit now and I have 10 of them. What's next? I think that Arm of King Leoric would be the next upgrade. +5 to SM / RS would mean that I could be able to get 11 skellies. BTW, just dropped a mediocre Nagelring (17% MF, still better than the rings I had but Nagel can get up to 30% MF).

Cool, glad to hear you're going to go for the PhD! I will second what dry said, that I have made some really great online friends over the years. Many of them from here and some others from different places. I still struggle a bit to connect with people face to face, but I'm okay with that for now at least.

All this talk of old games makes me want to play D1 and WC1/2! WC2 is possibly my second most played game ever, behind D2. I bought SC2 a few months ago at the game store and haven't even opened the box XD

I played only SC1 a bit, terran campaign only. WC1 is so easy.. the hardest part of the game are controls. Yes. Place a wall of footmen / grunts. Then after them place a line of archers. Prepare soldiers to destroy enemy. Leave the 2 walls for defense. You win. Cool music. Next level. Same tactic. Not-so-WoW. WC3 had an awesome story and was really cool to play. And they've recently updated it as well.

I enjoyed WC3 as well, but never as much as WC2. I played about 2 min of WoW, that was enough.

I do remember the controls being annoying in WC1, 4 units in a group max, iirc.

I'm doing some Diablo runs. He drops nicely so I can rebuild my money. Also, lvl 40, still A4 normal at p8 and xp is quite good. Later I will run 1-2-3 times all the bosses so far and start A5.

WoW has two major drawbacks for me: it's expensive (for Polish conditions: even these 20-25 € for 2 months is quite expensive) and too easy. I might not be so judgemental for that easiness if the game was only buy to play. The base box has a fair price.

kestegs said:
All this talk of old games makes me want to play D1 and WC1/2! WC2 is possibly my second most played game ever, behind D2. I bought SC2 a few months ago at the game store and haven't even opened the box XD
Do it. Multiplay D1 with me! And send me your new SC2 box. :)

RedTang said:
I played only SC1 a bit, terran campaign only. WC1 is so easy.. the hardest part of the game are controls. Yes. Place a wall of footmen / grunts. Then after them place a line of archers. Prepare soldiers to destroy enemy. Leave the 2 walls for defense. You win. Cool music. Next level. Same tactic. Not-so-WoW. WC3 had an awesome story and was really cool to play. And they've recently updated it as well.
I remember WC1 being quite difficult, until I learnt the right strategy. (Pretty sure it was WC1 and not WC2...)
Finding out when the AI attacked, and then the right balance of peasant/peons, because most of the time, you had to scout for your gold mine! The hardest part was keeping your economy right.
The AI also turns units invisible, sends them to a certain spot in your base, and then starts killing your peasant/peon line, so you need a few units that can instantly kill them back in base. Again, targetting your economy line which hurts if you're unprepared. Once you've got the right footman/archer line though, they send things in just to die.
And once you got the Water Elemental/Demon, every map is simply a rush to one of these guys, cast summon elemental, and that can defend your base from pretty much anything until you can summon another. Eventually, get 3-4+ of them, and just keep sending them in.

Do it. Multiplay D1 with me! And send me your new SC2 box. :)

I could play D1 MP too. Tried it once probably but never had someone to play with. Never finished nightmare in D1 / Hellfire as it got too boring. Honestly, D1 lacks some rewards even at Church stage of nightmare. It feels so dull.

I still have my D1 disc somewhere, I assume it has to be run in a dos box or something similar.

I still have my D1 disc somewhere, I assume it has to be run in a dos box or something similar.

D1 doesn't need dosbox but it does suffer from compatibility issues. I think that Hellfire has more problems than original D1. If nothing helps, then you might try a virtual machine with XP / Win98 loaded on it. Should work without problems even though virtualization is not very good and capable of running windows-based games. These old ones should have no problems though but I had problems with Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (this doesn't want to work under Windows 10) under virtual machine. The emulater video card was too weak to cope with the game, I think.

D1 can be run in Vista, and I can't recall any problems with it. Believe it or not, the D1 Battle.Net appears to still be up.
I'm keen for a run or two of D1. The hard part for us aussies is the massive time difference with everyone else. :)

D1 can be run in Vista, and I can't recall any problems with it. Believe it or not, the D1 Battle.Net appears to still be up.
I'm keen for a run or two of D1. The hard part for us aussies is the massive time difference with everyone else. :)

I know. I can feel you. I have a friend in New Zealand. She has a daytime when I sleep. Feels pretty weird but I am used to. About 12 hours of difference but I am unsure about the exact value (maybe 11 hours as I live in GMT +1 timezone).

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High