Ender's Mafia Game Signup thread

pharphis

Aug 1, 2011
Maybe you're played forum mafia, or maybe you've read Ender's Game (my favourite book).New players are strongly encouraged, which is why I'm posting in my favourite forum :)Feel free to ask questions about the game in general. This game seems scary at first but it becomes very fun and addicting for many people (I started in ~May thanks to FoE and his Commie Invasion game which was posted here)
Mafia wiki for those who have no idea what I'm talking about

Anyway, I'm looking for 20-30 players. Things still need to be balanced out depending on how many sign up, and won't be starting for a few weeks.Also: No spoilers please. At least nothing about the ending of the book. If you think something is too big of a spoiler, then use the spoiler tag :p

Edit: For completeness, here's the wikipedia entry on Ender's Game to give you an idea about the book. Movie coming out in November!

Players:
1. Kitteh
2. Solar Ice
3. Moar
4. Caluin Graye
5. Zokar
6. Goryani
7. Sathoris
8. Gwaihir
9. Pyrotechnician
10. Phillinnicus
11. flubbucket
12. Bad Ash
13. Leopold Stotch
14. Zemaj
15. MartinLong
16. BipolarChemist
17. Valhauros
18. Noodle
19. Laarz
20. Korialstraz
21. Drixx
22. Coju

Last edited:
I'd love to give it a go, I've never completed one though.
Keep an eye on the thread and if something comes up and you can't commit to a specific day phase or something just pm me and let me know. I'll edit the list as people sign up.

I'm in. How could I not. Have to google that Ender's thingy though.

Don't worry Kitteh, just eat him first. ;)

Zemaj also has to play.

Don't worry, people ask questions constantly throughout games about mechanics and such. The mod can answer some, but usually asking players about what typically happens in our mafia games is a good idea.

I forgot to mention that this game is pretty vanilla. As in, nothing crazy like BA's most recent game.

It was because I went into hospital. I have plenty of time to partake, I just think my lack of experience will annoy people. I don't wan Zemaj eating me!

Consider signing up for my mini-game that will be posted tomorrow. It'll be small and not too complicated, so perfect to get some experience with the game before delving into a larger one. (Info can be found here)

And so that I'm not totally shilling for my own in another person's thread... count me in. I call dibs on Bean! Or Peter. I could pull off an awesome Peter.

It's a 4-part series. all easy reads, but I personally consider the first the best, with Speaker for the Dead (the sequel) comparably good.

There is also a spin-off involving the character Bean (Ender's Shadow) and the events that take place afterwards on Earth make another 4 books in total (Shadow Series).

Ender's Shadow is MOSTLY Ender's Game from Bean's perspective, and is sexcellent.

Saw now that it wasn't boxed. Can't see that they have a boxed version for kindle. :(

/in

I think I've read some books by Orson Scott Card but I think it was a later series (Homecoming). They didn't make that much sense to me, but I see now it's because I missed the earlier books.

edit: I like how my name appeared in the sign-up list 3 min before I actually signed up!
edit edit: Telepathic communication with the mod will come in handy this game!

I am seriously confused. There are apparently 5 books belonging together on amazon. Somebody in the knows please link me to the first book of the series. :)

/in

I think I've read some books by Orson Scott Card but I think it was a later series (Homecoming). They didn't make that much sense to me, but I see now it's because I missed the earlier books.

edit: I like how my name appeared in the sign-up list 3 min before I actually signed up!
edit edit: Telepathic communication with the mod will come in handy this game!

Not only that, you're listed before me even though I signed up first... you're cheating!

It looks like this is the first book.

I later edited Gory to after Zokar once I realized Zokar signed up first.

Yup, I'll be transmitting all actions to Gory this game :p

If I didn't already mention, it is a quick and easy read. Only about 233 pages iirc.
liek dis if u crie erytiem

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High