Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

@NorthDakota It helps in situations where you casted the same long lasting skill multiple times.

Couple that comes to mind right away are...
1. 5 lightning sentries all zapping diablo as he spawns
2. 5 wake of fires spreading firewaves all over the screen
3. Blade sentinels stacked on top of each other
4. Multiple cast of firewalls on same target.
5. Multiple chain lightnings into a mob.
6. Multiple Holy bolts from separate casts of FoH that happen to hit a straggler at the same time.

The big reason blizzard 'fixed' this is rumored to be for the pheonix strike. The charges from one skill interfered with another iirc, but im not fully aware of the details. Mebbe someone else can chime in on this one?

Last edited:
@NorthDakota It helps in situations where you casted the same long lasting skill multiple times.

Couple that comes to mind right away are...
1. 5 lightning sentries all zapping diablo as he spawns
2. 5 wake of fires spreading firewaves all over the screen
3. Blade sentinels stacked on top of each other
4. Multiple cast of firewalls on same target.
5. Multiple chain lightnings into a mob.
6. Multiple Holy bolts from separate casts of FoH that happen to hit a straggler at the same time.

The big reason blizzard 'fixed' this is rumored to be for the pheonix strike. The charges from one skill interfered with another iirc, but im not fully aware of the details. Mebbe someone else can chime in on this one?
What!!! That's crazy. I need to go test my assns I guess.

Did elemental druids also suffer from nhd with their spells or nah?

How bout this @maxicek does this change anything for finishing moves for MA assassins? Because what's the deal with using finishing moves with some charge up skills. Like I remember dragon tail has an issue with NHD with finishers right? orrr. something like that.

Last edited:
@NorthDakota tornados overlapping will have improved with the above patch.

i dont recall if fire spells overlapped with another, but they got a nice buff in a separate patch where spells now have their own cooldown.

Before, you could cast one of firestorm, fissure, molten boulder and volcano and had to wait for whichever cooldown to finish before casting another.

Now, they all have separate cds, so you can cast all 4 fire spells in quick succession.

EDIT1:
On a side note, is there a program that lets me select or toggle between multiple "SharedStash"? Perhaps from within GoMule itself?

I clean-slated my forum status to "Vanilla"-ish when starting D2R,
using the sharedstash as the extended stash,
and using GoMule as an "offload-only" application for grail and etc.

Currently im only playing with 1 SC char and 1 HC char, so the shared stashes are dedicated to one char each, but id like to keep that ratio for multiple characters.

I can manually rename the files as needed to simulate it, but there is potential risk to jumblimg the files, especially when using GoMule and its backup features.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
@Gynli PM me your e-mail address. Someone developed something, I have never tested it.

@NorthDakota The biggest change is that you can now charge CoT, PS, FoF and BoI fully and not have to worry about NHD inteferring between the skills.

I thought the biggest change was that the MA assassin may now run around like a wild orangutan, obliterating and annihilating everything in her path!? :D
I mean with mosaic she already could before the NHD changes, in terms of kill speed I don’t really see any significant difference. Seems like a theoretical change to me.

I had an unexpected experience with the procedural map generator today.

The Spider Forest river was a straight west-to-east map, except for those little meadows to the side that hold the waypoint and entrances to Arachnid Lair and Spider Cavern. (Clarification: I have always supposed that the mercenary portrait at the top-left of the game's isometric display marks compass-north.) I had fully cleared the area before I finally found a side entrance to the Great Marsh close to the last meadow. The Great Marsh was also a straight west-to-east map, except of course for its side meadows. It was also fully cleared before I finally found the side entrance to the Flayer Jungle, close to the eastern end of the Great Marsh. To my surprise, the Flayer Jungle's river was also *almost* a straight eastward trek, until that last bend with those piles of gold on the ground that telegraph imminent arrival at Stormtree and the Lower Kurast entrance.

Before this, my act 3 riverbank maps have been mostly meandering maze messes.

Fortunately, I was questing with a fishymancer, so after coming down to "/players 1" it wasn't too much trouble to fully clear those areas. Also, I was rewarded at the end with an LK map that rolled with two campfires next to each other and close to the waypoint!

IsLKmap.png

As you see in this screencap, this fishymancer is using my Enigma. I'm almost tempted to have him run LK a while, to see if I can make another Enigma...

@Swamigoon I can remember one of those. Also remember one where the Great Marsh was immediately to the right when you left town.

I just had an unusual Act 3 Sewer. This is the first time that I can ever remember that level 2 of the sewer was not somewhere around the edge of the map. This time it was smack in the middle of the map.

• Wow
Reactions: coju and Swamigoon
I’ve had a few of those interior sewers maps over the years. Quite annoying to get one, but offset by the rarity of it, I think.

Reactions: Swamigoon
Just a quick question. Does + Holy Fire aura from Dragon and Hand of Justice directly stack with Paladin's own Holy Aura? So it would be possible with these two RWs hit 60+ lvl holy fire rather easily (other than being expensive runewise)?

Auras from runewords stack with each other but they don't with your own spell.
Dragon can be made both in Armor and Shield so you can get a level 44 Holy Fire (16 + 14 + 14) just from the items. Regarding your aura, it would be better to use Conviction unless you aim for a fancy build.

+Skills don't affect the Auras from the items so you can't boost them any further.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
Aw dangit, thanks though. Double Dragon didn't even occur to me. lvl 70+ holy aura would be dope.

Aw dangit, thanks though. Double Dragon didn't even occur to me. lvl 70+ holy aura would be dope.
Yeah you can't get 70 but Auradin is still really cool you should check it out - Here's mine - I made some adjustments since this video (and also auras were slightly bugged in 2.4, so it's actually STRONGER now than in this video). While the auras from items don't benefit from +skills, they do get the bonus from hardpoints into synergies!

imo the sad thing about this build is no enigma. So it's really not a great farmer compared with other pally builds that can teleport, like tesladin for example. And it struggles at higher player counts. That's OK with tesladin since you can teleport between boss packs and nuke them and move on, but here you can't, you're just a regular melee dude with a bit a pizazz. TBH, it doesn't do tons more damage than tesladin or just a regular zealot, the only benefit is the AOE clear which mostly is only good for TZ farming like act 1/2/3. I also modify him a bit and farm the pits, which is AMAZINGLY FUN.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
Does +-light radius affect how much of the map is revealed while moving around?

Question about IK set bonuses. According to all the places I’ve looked the gloves with 4 pieces of equipment will give 10% life leach, but neither the life leach or any of the other bonuses the gloves are supposed to grant show up in GoMule or in D2R. I even went back and fired up m LoD 1.14 and it shows the glove bonuses.

I tried removing the gloves, belt and boots and reequipping them in order of their level and that had no effect. Then I had another idea and got the item ID off the set of gloves that showed the bonuses in 1.14 and moved that specific set of gloves over to D2R and now the bonuses do show up in both GoMule and D2R.

So, problem solved, but I'd like to know wh I had the problem to begin with.

Question about IK set bonuses. According to all the places I’ve looked the gloves with 4 pieces of equipment will give 10% life leach, but neither the life leach or any of the other bonuses the gloves are supposed to grant show up in GoMule or in D2R. I even went back and fired up m LoD 1.14 and it shows the glove bonuses.

I tried removing the gloves, belt and boots and reequipping them in order of their level and that had no effect. Then I had another idea and got the item ID off the set of gloves that showed the bonuses in 1.14 and moved that specific set of gloves over to D2R and now the bonuses do show up in both GoMule and D2R.

Could the gloves be from some prior game version where these bonuses do not exist?

Might not help much but I noticed that the bonuses (sometimes perhaps?) do not apply or change when you switch items through Gomule. You would need to restart Gomule in that case. I also think the Set bonuses were not displayed in Gomule for 1.14. Not quite sure how you fixed it.

@Excalibur You may be right about how I originally equipped the gloves. Though I did remove the gloves, belt and boots in game and reequipped them with no correction. What I did was to use Atma, yes I still have and use it, to make a mule and put the glove in the pack. Then I opened D2R and had the mule put them in the extended stash. Closed and opened the game with Lobo and when I equipped the gloves the bonuses were there.

Does +-light radius affect how much of the map is revealed while moving around?
I don't think so. I think the revealed automap is just a record of whatever terrain might possibly have been shown on the screen, regardless of how light or dark it was rendered by the game's display software code. Sometimes, the automap even reveals shrines, walls, or other objects that are around corners, or behind walls or doors, which you can't yet observe on the screen until you advance there.

Normally, the game's video renderer makes colors brighter up to about four yards away from a character. In dark places (dungeons, caves, Lost City in the claw viper eclipse quest, etc.) having -5 light radius (or lower) only brightens colors on the display within two or three yards away from the character, while having +5 (or higher) light radius brightens stuff up to about six yards away.

Slightly off-topic: I've never tried to use cheating software with D2, but I have seen discussions and patch notes about Blizzard's wardens detecting "map hacks," and banning/penalizing Battle.net accounts caught using them. On a lark, I once wrote a proposal for a character class that included a passive "Infravision" skill in one of its skill trees. I imagined that each skill point in Infravision would increase the extent beyond the screen boundary of automapped terrain. I suggested that such a skill could be a way for Blizzard's devs to provide a controlled and legitimate alternative that could satisfy the customer demand that contraband "map hacks" were providing.

(The original Diablo game had a spell named Infravision. It would show red images of enemies that were on the screen but were out of sight behind doors or walls. Back when I played that game, I found Infravision helpful to prepare for upcoming encounters.)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High