Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

So @LouB Gomule did not show this? (this is from 1.14D, Gomule version something). Specifically the "Set (2 items)" and so forth.

Immortal King's Forge
War Gauntlets
Defense: 111
Durability: 15 of 24
Required Level: 30
Required Strength: 110
Fingerprint: 0xbfa66d
Item Level: 75
Version: Expansion 1.10+
12% Chance to cast level 4 Charged Bolt when struck
+65 Defense
+20 to Strength
+20 to Dexterity Set (2 items): +25% Increased Attack Speed Set (3 items): +120 Defense Set (4 items): 10% Life stolen per hit Set (5 items): 10% Mana stolen per hit Set (6 items): Freezes target +2

Could some 1.07 expert (@ziambe perhaps) say if the IK gloves have those in older versions? And have you LouB played older versions?

I been back playing some d2r lately. Playing my bowazon in TZs for fun and she's creeping up on level 98 now.

It's crazy to me how quickly you gain EXP in TZs. I made over 10% last night playing for just a short time.. Compared with the progress I was making in CS pre-TZs it's not even close. I played for weeks and months every night and it took me forever to get just to 95 on that bowazon.

She's actually got a ton of MF it turns out and so I'm getting tons of uniques and stuff too. No grailers though, I'm down to 6 remaining so that's expected, but I got some cool pieces like an eth spirit ward which I thought was neat.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
@Sir Name I've been playing since 2001 and started with 1.09. I have always been a collector and while I was gone for 10 years, I did keep my Atma stashes. I have been very careful keeping track of what I muled over to D2R. So I just went back and looked through the equipment that I moved over and found the same fingerprint ID.

Now in the very beginning I was gifted a number of items and at this remove have no memory of what those items were. So, I really can't say where or what version these gloves originally came from. The Atma readout just says expansion. I also have no idea just how far back the IK set goes.

What I can tell you is that the GoMule dumps are different.

The pair that currently are on Lobo show the following
Immortal King's Forge
War Gauntlets
Defense: 237
Durability: 24 of 24
Fingerprint: 0xaba9a730
Item Level: 71
Version: Resurrected
+65 Defense
+20 to Strength
+20 to Dexterity
Set (2 items): +25% Increased Attack Speed
Set (3 items): +120 Defense
Set (4 items): 10% Life stolen per hit
Set (5 items): 10% Mana stolen per hit
Set (6 items): Freezes target +2

(2 items): +50 to Attack Rating
(3 items): +75 to Attack Rating
(4 items): +125 to Attack Rating
(5 items): +200 to Attack Rating

I currently have 4 other pair of IK gloves that show identical dump readouts
Immortal King's Forge
War Gauntlets
Defense: 111
Durability: 13 of 24
Fingerprint: 0x606ec6c7
Item Level: 96
+65 Defense
+20 to Strength
+20 to Dexterity
Set (2 items): +25% Increased Attack Speed
Set (3 items): +120 Defense
Set (4 items): 10% Life stolen per hit
Set (5 items): 10% Mana stolen per hit
Set (6 items): Freezes target +2

The offending set of gloves shows only the following
Immortal King's Forge
War Gauntlets
Defense: 114
Durability: 24 of 24
Fingerprint: 0x627f7505
Item Level: 70
+65 Defense
+20 to Strength
+20 to Dexterity

Bowazon died at 90% of the way to 98 T.T

Luckily that's not nearly as bad with terror zones these days.

Edit: what the heck just died again. Haven't died in forever now 2 within an hour...

Edit2: @BBS_Agonistes thanks for liking all my posts bro you're really a staple of this forum and I appreciate you.

Edit3: @PhineasB liking my post with his like 16 level 99s is really nice but also reminds me of how many 99s he has and I don't have (y)
crying.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think it warrants its own thread but do you guys even use sunder charms? I don't even really feel a use for sunder charms most of the time. It feels like when immunity is broken, it doesn't really matter unless you have an boatload of -res and there's only a few builds that really do that right?

Like what builds you guys rocking sunder charms on where it makes a huge difference to your normal farming patterns?

Lots of builds greatly benefit from them, especially cold and fire based. Those immunities are often not breakable by Infinity, and Infinity will then lower them enough to kill them with decent gear otherwise. Blizz Sorc (who has mastery on top of it), FB Sorc, Fissure Druid, WoF Trapper are probably the builds that make the most of them. But even for other (eg lightning base) builds, when running areas with LIs it’s still a bigger damage increase than using a skiller instead of a sunder.

That being said they’re not as game breaking as I had originally feared, as in they don’t make Infinity obsolete except for builds where infinity wouldn’t necessarily be the clear choice anyway.

I've tried Bone Breaker (removes PI) a few times and felt that it was not a real advantage. It brings the monsters to 95% physical resist which means it still takes a lot to take them down. Decrepify and elemental damage worked faster.

I've tried Bone Breaker (removes PI) a few times and felt that it was not a real advantage. It brings the monsters to 95% physical resist which means it still takes a lot to take them down. Decrepify and elemental damage worked faster.
I tried out bonebreaker on my phys bowazon. It's weirdly nice kind of, but the downside is that my already squishy bowa gets oneshot by phys damage even more. Phys damage so dangerous, and you can't really build around it (well you can but good luck doing that on a bowazon without hitting like a wet noodle). Plus I just max magic arrow and I'm good to go for any boss mobs with phys resist. But of course I have to avoid areas with phys resist monsters. I'd do that either way with or without bonebreaker though.

It's just another thing I hate about sunder charms. Fire sunder charms get paired with an item that completely negates the downside (flickering flame), and cold is strong because of mastery, but what about the others? Horrible implementation and it makes me a little angry. I would have preferred they just adjusted monster resist so that infinity worked more equally between resistances instead of feeling a little arbitrary why some are broken and some aren't. I mean I understand mechanically why fire/cold resists aren't broken by infinity, I just don't understand why on average more monsters have higher resists to those damage types especially fire.

I shouldn't complain though because if you start smoothing out all the quirks you end up with a boring game and no item diversity

Last edited:
For unbreakable Immunites they definetely play a significant role but for breakable immunites they don't add much. The elemental Sunder Charms can be handy since you can further reduce the resistances but the other two seem quite useless. With the physical one you will always get the 1/5 penalty from Amplify or Decrepify so bringing physical immunites down will still take time that doesn't worth the effort. Not to mention that nearly all the monsters will hit you harder. The Magic one seems completely pointless.

P.S. I am pretty much always playing at players 8 so my opinion above is based on that.

I don't think it warrants its own thread but do you guys even use sunder charms? I don't even really feel a use for sunder charms most of the time. It feels like when immunity is broken, it doesn't really matter unless you have an boatload of -res and there's only a few builds that really do that right?

Like what builds you guys rocking sunder charms on where it makes a huge difference to your normal farming patterns?
I think Terror Zones are what make Sunder Charms functional and handy. Before TZ you would create a build and farm in an area where it doesn't have the immunities against your build. Now with TZs you just go farming to different locations where you can meet all kind of immunities so building around a Sunder Charm will make it practical to farm everywhere.

So far I've been using a Poison Sunder Charm on a Poison Necro and a Lighting one on my MF Javazon. I plan on using Sunder Charms only on characters that don't have a steady location to farm.

Last edited:
Reactions: NorthDakota
@LouB 1.07 items just say Expansion in GoMule, I think in ATMA too. 1.14 items say Expansion 1.10+. I haven't forwarded any items to D2R but I think everything gets Ressurected when you forward it. I suspect you picked up a 1.07 pair somewhere along the way.

Reactions: SirName
That is correct. Even annies from 1.00 are listed as Resurrected so you must be careful not to mix them with the ones from newer patches.
And that's just because Blizz decided to remove those 2 "version" bytes from item data just to save some bytes in char size.

m4ke

I just started leveling as a fire druid and it feels so busted right out the gates. Molten boulder is the most fun skill ever with cranked d2r graphics the explosion is INSANE. molten boulder just one taps griswald lol

Last edited:
With the physical one you will always get the 1/5 penalty from Amplify or Decrepify so bringing physical immunites down will still take time that doesn't worth the effort.
Physical sunders don't have the 1/5 penalty applied to Amp/Decrep/Grim Ward, they apply at full effectiveness. Quite nice for my Arcane singer and can also be quite nice for CE necros in certain areas.

power leveling the fire druid in act 5 normal just about to hit 30. So that gives you an idea that I'm not exactly cruising through. But fire still feeling good just a little janky how you gotta always watch your cds and stuff so I have "Display Active Skill Bindings" on, which is a HUGE help. Great feature D2R

So just random post, but I am questing my heaven fist paladin and I just found the most compact stony field map I've ever seen. Everything "important" next to each other - entrance, underground, WP and tristram. Kinda neat.
dude I love when that happens in normal and you can blast rakinishu/trist a few times and get some nice quick levels.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High