Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Another oddity: smallest (most leading zeroes on a) fingerprint among my GoMule stashes:

H5n2st.png

I stashed this one because I thought to make a Strength weapon with it. Does anyone know whether a fingerprint changes when an item gets a runeword?

Reactions: art_vandelay
Huh, i just transfered ~15k items from d2 to d2r by always loading 10 chars with items on classic gomule, transfer them to d2r, and unload em in gomule resurrected^^
Took me quite a while, but im pretty happy that its done now^^

How i did it (maybe not the fastest way):
Created 10 chars on normal d2 singleplayer, throw the 2 scrolls away. copied those 10 empty chars to another folder (keep thos empty to copy).
Then open d2gomule, loaded the chars full with items and always put out the items out from the cube, cause im not sure if it works otherwise cause the chars dont hav a cube.
Then put the loaded chars into the D2r folder, opened d2r, opend a game and exit it with each char (somehow otherwise i dont hav access to the items on gomule resurrected)
then opend gomule ressurrected, took all items from the chars and put it in the stash where i wanted em.
Then i opend d2r again, deletet all this 10 chars by hand (dunno why^^)

and thats it basically, after that i copied the 10 empty d2 chars, transferd em to the d2 folder, and started everything again^^

Last edited:
Reactions: snickersnack
I've been doing some /p7 cows runs with my light sorc in D2R, and I keep wondering if I really should grind meph until I get titan's and then level up a furyzon. The better question, I suppose, is whether I should be running some other target that a light sorc is better suited to. Any ideas on what would be a better target for runes and uniques?

I need to get me a Reaper’s it would appear. I am most definitely trying this set up too.

First I want to see how my guy does once I find a Guillermo’s and then I’ll do a respec and try this set up
Reapers really does make a huge difference. It's worth farming.

@snickersnack what runes are you looking for? For Ber, Lo, Sur, Vex and all the mid-hugu runes I just farm LK. I click on every corpse/log/chest I see on my two campfire map. Usually, by the time I have Enigma, CTA, HotO and Infinity I usually have my maras/raven/bk or soj/shako, etc just from tens of thousands of poppables. Even found my arachnids mesh once in LK.

I'm not even going to talk about the gems,l or end game charms and jewels I've found from LK. It's basically my favorite magic find spot. That's with 23 second runs but I think I managed to shave off one or two seconds when I was really in the zone.

Will you find more uniques from Meph? Absolutely. You won't find the charms, jewels or runes in the frequency that LK provides with Meph though. By the time you've gotten your runes, jewels and charms you won't have many Meph runs left to grind out that unique gear because you will likely come across them in LK.

A LF zon will absolutely increase your kill speed and thus game time reductions enabling you to do more runs in less time. Your profit yields will be higher. I've never been able to perfect herding so I typically steer clear of cows unless I'm doing some quick sets of runs for weird items.

Last edited:
@MizzouFTW I already have Infinity (runes from LK runs* ofc), but I don't have CoH or Enigma yet, so Bers are more than welcome. I think that Jahs are my main interest right now. I don'f have Fort in D2R yet, so Lo is high on the list as well. Also Vex would be good as I also don't have HotO in D2R. Sigh, maybe it's back to LK for me.

I'm levelling a berserk barb right now (already have Grief PB), so Enigma is high on my list of items to get/make.

Aside from LK though, what's the best target for a light sorc when both uniques and runes are the target? I was thinking that maybe CS would be good, so I'll probably try that out today.

* btw, I have an *excellent* LK map with this character. I'm still using a Might merc because I don't want to go to NM to get a HF merc and lose that LK map. I'm looking forward to patch 2.4 so a I can hire a more useful merc without changing maps.

Last edited:
I don't know about CS. I've ran CS in different decked out versions of light sorcs and the most effective seemed to be the infinity wielder. Since I play HC it just never felt right or efficient for me. If you end up set on CS I would respec to Blizzard. You have the option of clearing the whole CS or doing Griph runs which also are very efficient at yielding uniques and runes.

I haven't taken a look at the new level 85 areas and I haven't played in around a year. So I am unfamiliar with the new level 85 areas regarding the standard immunities. I would look into those and see which ones cater to lightning attacks.

You could also run pindle/nith or just nith. Likewise for pindle. I've leveled quite a few light sorks exp farming nith which resulted in some pretty stellar uniques and rune drops.

You could run the pits but I always found that incredibly boring for a light sorc. I had much more fun doing pits using a nova mancer.

Check into the new level 85 areas.

I haven't taken a look at the new level 85 areas and I haven't played in around a year. So I am unfamiliar with the new level 85 areas regarding the standard immunities. I would look into those and see which ones cater to lightning attacks.
I'm not set on CS, but I ran a few CS runs in 1.14d to level up my paladin and I like them. I am set on using my light sorc, though, so I'll look into whether the Stony Tomb (since there are three levels, iirc) would be good for light. That's a good idea, thanks.

need a sanity check: so lets say I have equipment on that gives me a skill (say, CTA with BO +4 on a non-barb character). Does it receive an additional +2 from shako?

If the item allows you to cast/use the skill like it was native and pointed (called an oskill; examples are BO on CTA, Teleport on Enigma, or Berserk on Passion): Yes

If the item has Charges of a skill, Chance to Cast a skill or gives an Aura: No

Link to Amazon Basin page on Oskills

WoRG

Well that was a fortunate find while running LK... Now I have all the bases for my next four runewords to run for! Might look for a better base for Infinity though: have a normal Tresher, but maybe I get lucky and find an eth one (Enigma, Infinity, call to arms and Chains of honor)
5so Crystal sword.png

Well that was a fortunate find while running LK... Now I have all the bases for my next four runewords to run for! Might look for a better base for Infinity though: have a normal Tresher, but maybe I get lucky and find an eth one (Enigma, Infinity, call to arms and Chains of honor)
Yeah, I held out for an eth elite polearm for my infinity as well. Unless you want to use it for some niche melee builds, I recommend you take the time to farm up an eth one. Life leech, and thus damage, keeps the merc alive. If you trade, they probably aren't too pricey.

Yeah, I held out for an eth elite polearm for my infinity as well. Unless you want to use it for some niche melee builds, I recommend you take the time to farm up an eth one. Life leech, and thus damage, keeps the merc alive. If you trade, they probably aren't too pricey.
Yeah I think I’m gonna do that. Enigma is first priority. Then I need to run more on this high end runes and in the meanwhile I can look for a better base. Gonna get my furyzon through the game anyway so no need to rush it just yet

Reactions: snickersnack
Currently leveling a FoHdin. He's 41 in act 5 normal. He's rocking a spirit sword, stealth, ort sol in the helm and Merc has insight. He's melting everything. I don't even have to run conviction. I can just run redemption.

We really didn't need another OP hammerdin lol

Edit: I'm in Act II Nightmare and just killed Duriel. FoH is on left click. I've noticed I have trouble picking up items, moving through doorways or around pillars when I have FoH on left click and there are monsters nearby. After killing Duriel I went to Tyrael so he would open the portal to Lut. With FoH on left click I would click on the portal and he would run past the portal and speak to Tyrael. Every time. Then I switched over to Zeal. I clicked the portal and my guy went right through. Was this an issue in OG D2? I probably haven't used FoH since my first paladin shortly after OG release.

Last edited:
What would be a good skill to pair with Nova on an SSF HC Sorceress? I have 46 skill points left, I thought about FO but I feel that the two playstyles collide a little bit.

This will be my countess farmer, so maybe this isn't an issue after all, but I would love to hear some ideas/suggestions from you guys!

What would be a good skill to pair with Nova on an SSF HC Sorceress? I have 46 skill points left, I thought about FO but I feel that the two playstyles collide a little bit.

This will be my countess farmer, so maybe this isn't an issue after all, but I would love to hear some ideas/suggestions from you guys!
If you're playing D2:R I would suggest fire wall. It's a low-investment skill that can definitely handle light immunes. It's also great for killing meph/andy.

Reactions: Xour
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High