Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Well that's my first under SPF-rules and the first of my sept to get there. He overtook the fury-zon and shone like a MotherF. The last part of the journey he did solo without merc.

Going to change his gear to more MF and find him a sweet spot in Hell where he can farm on p8 for a while until his merc has her Faith bow and maybe then we'll see if he can reach the 99

edit: decided to run cows with him. What players settings should I use if my main goal is to get bases for runewords?

Patriach Roalnd.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Maltatai
I have a couple questions, since I haven't been on the forums for a little bit and I've been back into grinding D2 and trying to get me runes to make some of the RWs I have never made before, like Last Wish!

#1 I read a thing about trading Annilus, is that for only D2R or is old school D2 now open to somehow aquiring and trading Annis? It mentioned something about posting the SoJ used and what not. Last I knew, only a certain FORBIDDEN thing that a lot of other single player users use, allowed you to get Anni or Torch. That certain application is still banned, correct? And can anyone explain the Anni thing for me, please?

#2 Can anyone give me an idea on how many people are playing D2 Resurrected now as opposed to how many are still playing D2 Legacy or old school D2 or whatever you guys call it now?

I don't want to be left in the dust, but I am playing old school, original Diablo 2 and I definitely don't want to start all over again after years of work on this single player "account" and having to restart already a couple times due to me not backing stuff up and losing my hard drive info, lol. I need a new desktop or laptop BADLY, but I don't have it yet and I can't even run D2R yet, lol.

Are most people still playing OG D2 SP? Because I can't imagine everyone wanting to start over, unless they mastered everything... which after 20 years of playing and a lot on the Single Player mission, I don't think that is possible yet, lol.

Hoping for all the people I used to talk to or trade with, still rocking original D2! I'm wanting to start a large trade thread to build up some runes!

#3 I just wanted to verify, there is no way that people can take their original D2 characters and items and move it to D2 Resurrected, is there? Is the option to either start over on D2R or to keep playing the old D2 we've all been playing for decades? Is that all seperate from each other?

Thanks!

1. Torch and Annilus are D2R only for Single Player. There's still no forum approved way to get them in older versions.

2. It feels like there's a pretty good mix between people who play D2R, D2L, and a combination of both. As there's no TCP/IP in D2R, people who want to PvP or do multiplayer groups keep some characters in older versions. (Time travel also appears to be quite popular through the various versions.)

3. D2 character can be converted to D2R characters. (I think you literally just move the character to your D2R save folder and the game does the conversion.) Just remember that once something is converted, forum rules don't allow you to take them back to legacy. (So, make sure you're ready for any characters/items you move to be permanently in D2R.) Stashes are a bit more convoluted, as there's no (forum approved) way to directly transfer them. You basically have to move items from a D2L stash to a D2L character, and then convert the character. (At which point, you can mule the stuff off into D2R GoMule stashes.)

Reactions: Jamie and maxicek
@Cattleya Thanks a ton! Bums me out people who go D2R, lol. At least ones playing all of these patches for years and continuously working for PvP, PvM and as much loot as possible. I don't care about switching just to get some better graphics (I like the old ones) and a few new game features. I just want more people to play and trade with lol. But I'm glad a lot are still playing the OG game.

One day I may get a new desktop or laptop and play some D2R, but the only reason would be to play ladder seasons with the masses. Bots have already infiltrated and are ruining the game, so I don't think I'll last long wanting to play legit with a bunch of people who think bots are awesome anyway, because "ThE GAMe iS sO MuCH BeTTEr WhEN gEaR iS CHeaP aNd I DoN'T hAve To pLaY tO gEt aLL tHe ItamZ I WaNT! iF u dONt LiKE iT jUsT dON't UsE tHEM iT DoeSN't AFFecT U!" Except it does when the items I grind to find are absolutely worthless and everyone has the same gear regardless of how good or how much effort they put in... Impossible to debate the theory of how cheating ruins a game with too many online players, lol. That's what brought me to here in the first place.

One more question I have is whether the new runewords, items and skills/synergies, or basically the new patch coming out(it may have already came out, I don't know) are going to be only available on D2 Resurrected or are they coming to Old School, Originlal Diablo 2 LoD as well? I feel like I already know the answer to this, unfortunately, but I want to hope they do it for old school also and have features, like the runewords and new character balancing, for the tons of OG D2 players still out there playing.

Seeing how they never gave us the option to get Anni or Torch, like I mentioned, probably means the patch is only for D2R players. It would be cool to have the option to upgrade to the new patch at least and the Single Player people who already have accomplished a ton, will have a reason to come back and keep working on their OG D2 Single Player Characters with new runewords and new viable builds now available to them. I don't know the logistics of making it available for OG and D2R. If it is a whole big ordeal to do it for OGD2 also, I assume they won't do it.

Also I wanted to add that D2 really should have made a patch(if that is possible) for OG D2 where you can sell one of your SoJs to a merchant on Single Player and spawn a Diablo Clone and they should have just let the Torch System work on Single Player the same way it works online, lol. No idea why they couldn't give that to single players. The Torch and Anni change the dynamic of character builds SOOO much, especially when it comes to Resistances. You have to use a lot of stuff on Single Player that you wouldn't use online, just to max your resists. I guess it makes it more interesting in builds and makes rare boots/belts/gloves/rings/amulets a lot more valuable on Single Player, as opposed to Online.

I think that's all the rambling on I have for now. I'm just excited to have the D2 bug again, am about to inventory all of my gear and hopefully trade for high runes so I can finally make all of the cool runewords I never could afford before, outside of the necessities like Enigma, Infinity, Fortitude, Grief and a CoH on HC. I want to build the lesser used RWs that cost a lot and try new builds with them.

Last edited:
I am slowly moving stuff to D2R and I don't regret it at all.
There is no official information that the D2L will get any update but as you said it probably won't happen.
So all of the stuff you've accumulated over the years on original D2, will now be D2R and completely taken out of the original D2 pool of Single Player items and characters? I hope the TCCP/IP issue will deter most people from making that move. I've played D2R and may play it in the future, but I hope that moving Single Player OG items and characters over to D2R isn't a common move being made, personally.

So all of the stuff you've accumulated over the years on original D2, will now be D2R and completely taken out of the original D2 pool of Single Player items and characters?
That is correct. It's the same as upgrading to a new patch. Once you do that you can't go back.
Most players hesitate to do that but god knows for how long I will keep playing D2 so I want to fully enjoy everything D2R has to offer.
Personally, I am getting really tired of farming so I need some new stuff to fresh things up.

There is no official information that the D2L will get any update but as you said it probably won't happen.
And I can't tell you how happy I am with that. And I know many more people that are very happy with it.

I do not trust current blizzard development team one fucking iota. Outside of all inane stuff happening in that company, their development teams borked WoW so hard it's insane. And D2R team also broke several promises to its players, such as this being just a graphical overlay with no mechanics changed - they removed eth cube bug, messed WSG which is one of core PvP techniques despite mountain of warning what they are doing, pretty much preventing D2R PvP ever having a chance. They changed so much, added loading time that are as long as full Pindle runs in D2 (I think this is getting better than initially was), performance issues that leave dead HC characters when zoning in on a waypoint etc.

Even 1.14 changed the way files are saved which killed so many mods in the making and <snip> - as most popular D2 mod got shafted with release of 1.14 and is being discontinued for D2R. Not something that concerns our community, but devs apparently don't care about legacy infrastructure.

I'm happy with people who are happy with D2R. I really am. Content drought is very real thing and I know that people want new stuff to have fun with, new content to play and new experiences to have. But to be honest, at this point this is not a remaster but reimagining. And it's a reimagining by the people that brought one of the greatest gaming companies ever to have existed to its knees and completely decimated all of IPs that stood the test of time. I'm okay with D2R being its own thing, but to blizz devs, stay away from D2L. Turn your heads away and never look in its direction again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Zyr and Kartongen
My impression is that D2R is great for online players who enjoyed the multiplayer aspect of the game above all. Playing with others, farming ladder-only content, trading and gearing up on a regular basis with ladder resets etc. I'm not sure whether bnet in D2R is still bot-free, but from what I understand Blizzard has kept things rather clean which is a big thing for those guys and a major improvement over D2L. Admittedly I think even these players kinda roll their eyes when it comes to some of the new things in D2R. Also PvP is kinda getting slaughtered from what I understand, balance changes to stuff like hit recovery, OP skills getting buffed even further, and mechanics that were key elements of PvP for 20 years being thrown overboard... So it's certainly not ideal, but I understand why most bnet players have kinda moved to D2R for good.

For the single player crowd, it's really just about the fancy new graphics and more of a "casual" thing considering the downsides. Loading times are screwing up our PvM optimization end game, which is a big thing of what makes single player D2 interesting in comparison to bnet. The lack of TCP/IP is also a big factor, not only for PvP. And lastly there is indeed a general sense of "they will screw this up badly" with dubious new content and balance changes.

That being said, I wouldn't say I've turned away from D2R for good. PvP is kinda the main reason for me to mostly play D2L at the moment. If D2R ever gets TCP/IP or some kind of workaround, not sure whether those remaining issues will still be enough to scare me off... unless Blizzard's future changes will indeed be as idiotic as our worst fears. After all I've always just played the game in its current state, whatever that was.

Reactions: saracen85 and Jamie
And I can't tell you how happy I am with that. And I know many more people that are very happy with it.

I do not trust current blizzard development team one fucking iota. Outside of all inane stuff happening in that company, their development teams borked WoW so hard it's insane. And D2R team also broke several promises to its players, such as this being just a graphical overlay with no mechanics changed - they removed eth cube bug, messed WSG which is one of core PvP techniques despite mountain of warning what they are doing, pretty much preventing D2R PvP ever having a chance. They changed so much, added loading time that are as long as full Pindle runs in D2 (I think this is getting better than initially was), performance issues that leave dead HC characters when zoning in on a waypoint etc.

Even 1.14 changed the way files are saved which killed so many mods in the making and <snip> - as most popular D2 mod got shafted with release of 1.14 and is being discontinued for D2R. Not something that concerns our community, but devs apparently don't care about legacy infrastructure.

I'm happy with people who are happy with D2R. I really am. Content drought is very real thing and I know that people want new stuff to have fun with, new content to play and new experiences to have. But to be honest, at this point this is not a remaster but reimagining. And it's a reimagining by the people that brought one of the greatest gaming companies ever to have existed to its knees and completely decimated all of IPs that stood the test of time. I'm okay with D2R being its own thing, but to blizz devs, stay away from D2L. Turn your heads away and never look in its direction again.
Yeah, I played D2R online for a bit and I just couldn't do it. The loading times and lines to get into games, the loading times just to switch waypoints and the fact that bots got a foothold almost instantly, was awful. I don't even care for the new graphics to be honest. I think a lot of the gear looks really stupid compared to their old counterparts.

Are you saying you have an issue with 1.14d patch on OGD2? Do you play 1.13 or an older patch? I play 1.14d on Diablo 2 and play the most recent patch, but the old Diablo 2, to keep up with everyone. I may have misunderstood what you had said, but I didn't have any issues with 1.14 or 1.14d that I am aware of personally. Just staying with modern patch to hopefully play with the most people.

I quit D2R. I couldn't imagine being a HC player on D2R. I remember dying trying to get into the Frigid Highlands to run Shenk/Eldritch and when the loading screen was over, I was dead when the level finally popped up on my screen.

I thought the new runewords and character balances might be exciting, in the way that 1.09 to 1.10 seemed awful at first for a lot of players, but it was clearly a huge improvement on the game and made the game so much better and gave it so much more to achieve. I had the hope that the new D2R patch would have the same impact, but I didn't take into account the tanking that Blizzard has gone through over the years and the fact that they might completely botch it.

So you aren't sure if the patch is going to be for OGD2 and D2R, but are just hoping it is only for D2R? I'd be okay with it not being for D2R and to keep playing 1.14d as I play now, as I can do a lot more. But I wouldn't mind if the option of that patch, the new runewords, items and character balances came to OGD2. The only issue I'd have is if it split up the OGD2 Single Player community into even more seperate factions, where half kept playing 1.14d because they didnt like the new patch and the other half played the new patch.

Us Single Player, legit peoples, need as many people as possible to trade and play with. I already hate the fact that D2R is dragging people, like the person above us in the posts, away from OGD2 and that some people won't play 1.14d, then add in vanilla only players, RWM, making indestructible eth RWs that shouldn't exist through ATMA(I have a huge issue with that), hotmuling, using items from past patches and things that seperate us all into factions(I only have a big issue with people using ATMA to do something that is clearly not meant to be done, by basically making indestructible items that should never be. At least from my understanding of it.).

I want a thriving trading, PvP and people just doing walkthroughs with each other and interesting character groups or people doing CS or Baal Runs together in order to have people to talk to, to keep you entertained and to make it feel like you aren't alone when you are trying to level up... although it probably is a lot slower for leveling purposes. But you can MF with each other or do anything and have the fun of playing with other people, with the benefit of being in a legit community that believes in mostly the same ideals.

Any tips for Uber Diablo? I will be hitting him with my UT99er Kick Trap Assassin. Do I need absorb for fire or anything?

It will be a high CB and Draculs setup supported by LS and conviction if my Merc stays alive.

does anyone know what character level exceptional items are able to be gambled? I’ve been looking for the gambling guide but I can’t find anything on it.

Can boss packs spawn in normal blood moor? I don't think I have seen one outside of corspefire

does anyone know what character level exceptional items are able to be gambled? I’ve been looking for the gambling guide but I can’t find anything on it.
It should be tied to ilvl and the -5/+4 range from clvl for gambles, unles I’m missing something.

Reactions: djmbbandie
@djmbbandie I looked and couldn't find anything definitive beyond the chance to upgrade:
exceptional = 1 + (ilvl - excep qlvl) * 90 / 100
elite = 1 + (ilvl - elite qlvl) * 33 / 100

But I would guess that ilvl needs to at least equal the qlvl of the exceptional item (or maybe qlvl+1), so the earliest would be 4 (or 3) clvls below the exceptional item qlvl...

WoRG

Reactions: djmbbandie
Any tips for Uber Diablo? I will be hitting him with my UT99er Kick Trap Assassin. Do I need absorb for fire or anything?
I failed in my first attempt to solo the DClone with a Kicker/Trapper, but after some tweaking succeeded on the second try. IME and IMO, for a non-Smiter CtH is paramount.
Do I need absorb for fire or anything?
My Assassin did have a Dwarf Star and Raven Frost, but they certainly aren't necessary. I succeeded in inflicting the Death of a Thousand Cuts on the DClone with an untwinked pure P&M Amazon using no set or unique items, using normal Attack, with knives.

• Wow
Reactions: Kartongen
@ffs "My impression is that D2R is great for online players who enjoyed the multiplayer aspect of the game above all. Playing with others, farming ladder-only content, trading and gearing up on a regular basis with ladder resets etc. I'm not sure whether bnet in D2R is still bot-free, but from what I understand Blizzard has kept things rather clean which is a big thing for those guys and a major improvement over D2L."

I saw available bots very early into the game, for relatively cheap prices. Players that were using them, sadly. It instantly wanted me to leave, this was many months ago. They are rampant, they just don't get ran publicly and at fast speeds Luke when Blizz didn't care one bit. That and creators/script writers wanting their product to hold some value and all the purchasers of it, for their items to hold s little value so they can recoup what they spent and more.

Same old song snd dance on bee net elite b00tz. Very sad, as thst ess one of the exciting prospects, but ha4xX3rz had it figured out slmodt immediately. I'd love the company AND legit D2 with the whole community playing fairly, but u guess not meant to he.

This is why I'll stick with 1.14d Single Player and hopefully have fun in TCCP/IP games, with other Single Player people who are sticking with the original D2, the ability to play together and like the old version better anyway. Whether it is MFing together, doing walk through with new, self found characters, dueling or a combination of MFing and Leveling up with someone to talk to, I'd enjoy it all! Or even rushing each other for sockets and Hell Forge, if that is permitted.

Anyone looking to play IP, PM me! Thanks to all of you have stuck with OG D2 Legacy! The truth!

I often see Rocky Waste in Elzix's back yard, but I'm pretty sure this is my first ever map to put Dry Hills next to Elzix.

T0dryhill.png

T0dryhill2.png

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High