Amazing Item Find Career Start

Geez.. this thread really took off while I was gone. First off, I would like to say that my skin is too thick to be terribly bothered by this, but this post has certainly changed my perspective of the SPF.

One of the reasons I came to SP was to get away from the bnet type people and I thought SP would be a whole lot better. So, I switch over and have some luck and decide to share my finds with the community, and because of that I have multiple people thinking I'm hacking my items. I was excited at having such incredible luck when I've never had such a streak before (and btw, I first started playing Diablo II classic back in 2000 and have probably played many, many more hours than most of the people in this thread - not all obviously, but even with taking a couple years off, I probably have more hours played than most people ever will), and since there isn't a friends list to share my finds with, I come onto the forum and post in the thread where people are supposed to go to share their finds. I can say this, if I ever want to share my finds again, I wont. Just isn't worth the hassle of having this happen because of a run of good luck.

If theres anyone who still thinks my items are hacked, I just don't know what to say. I posted readouts with the fingerprints for every item that I listed. Also, if I were hacking my items, why would I have given myself such ****ty rolls on most of them? If I were cheating, I'd tell no one about it and give myself perfect rolls on everything. And why would I make a post listing a bunch of items that I just used a hack/tool to get? I'm playing self found so it's not like building credibility matters, not going to be trading anyways.

Oh, and about me preferring to use dupes on bnet, that was just a really stupid point to bring up. Of course I used dupes on bnet, I like to compete. As has been mentioned, you're not going to get high end runewords on SP, or at least very, very rarely. I'm ok with that in a SP setting (not even using RWM), but if you think I'm going to duel someone using duped runewords while I'm sitting there in crap gear when I have the option to be on equal ground, forget it.

Speaking of high end runewords, if I were using tools to get any items I wanted, where's my multiple enigmas (got a summoner coming, he could use one also), fortitude for my new barb, ebotds for him also, maybe a nice infinity for my merc? Altho I'm not using RWM, only RRM, and can't make those runewords, if I were giving myself any item I wanted, I would have made myself those runewords before making myself four shakos (and one of them ethereal none the less).

To sum it up, I'm probably not going to be posting much if at all on this forum anymore. I'll still read it as I actually enjoy seeing people have good luck, but I doubt I'll be posting anymore, maybe in a tourney or two. I don't post much anyways as you can tell by my postcount, but the point stands. Not sure what the deal is here, this forum seems friendly from the outside, but being new here is not nearly worth the effort just to be part of a community that'd prefer to attack ya instead of welcome ya anyways.

Oh, and to the guy who asked about my mf gear as I was going, I didn't use any topazed armor. Too lazy to do that honestly. I found a nice pair of 37% chancies really early on, and got a skullder's when I still had very low mf. Of course found a pair of nagels pretty fast. Used rare boots with mf 'til I found the travs. Used Alibaba/rhyme on switch. That much gave me about 100-150 mf, more on switch, and that's really all you need to mf with. After that, I just increased my mf as I found better gear. Still waiting for a Gheed's however, would have figured after those finds I'd be able to find an item that I normally consider a pain in the *** with how often it drops, but apparently not.

Kedali,

I would ask you to re-consider. The vast majority of the people in this thread came to your defense. Become a part of the community with us. The more people we have that are sober minded the better, IMHO.

Yea dude. You gotta know the difference btw the people of Bnet and the SPF. Bnetters accuse because they are jealous, SPF members accuse because they want to protect the legitimacy/cleanliness of the SPF.
That, and the fact that we are HUMANS!! We make mistakes!! As as humans, we have emotions...and the compassion to forgive.
I think Noodle already apologized somewhr in this thread for his non-malicious accusations.
Lets all live happily eva after eh?

Tracul said:
As as humans, we have emotions...and the compassion to forgive.

LOL... Tracul...You actually belive in what you wrote?? :wink2:

@ Kedali - I agree.. don't get discouraged by a single unpleasant accident. :thumbsup:

No one has accused you of hacking the items, but many might suspect that you have adjusted the drop rates in your favor... by a factor of thousands.

Anyway, it still would be interesting to have a calculator made that would provide the numbers that all of us are merely guessing at. Statistics cannot provide a mathematical proof of cheating or lying, but it can provide an objective measure of how likely it is or isn't.

One reason many in the group here react to claims like this is that we've been stung by people who did adjust the drop rates. I personally traded with someone who mistakenly posted a screenshot of a character with all sorts of descrepencies... like piles of gold in six and seven figures, a zod and only unique items on the ground. It was pretty clear he was a cheat. I lost an item in trade and had to delete a character. No huge loss, but it still burned a bit.

I've played for over two years pretty much continuously and haven't gotten close to the list of items you have in a matter of weeks. No SoJs for me... no Arachnid Meshes either. It's not sour grapes... it's calling it like we see them.

Flayed One said:
LOL... Tracul...You actually belive in what you wrote?? :wink2:

@ Kedali - I agree.. don't get discouraged by a single unpleasant accident. :thumbsup:

Ya ya! :jig: I've had a misfortune of doing what Noodle had done, truly regret it and if I was on the receiving end, forgiveness is the best policy! :thumbsup:
Remember, community = online family

Drixx said:
Kedali,

I would ask you to re-consider. The vast majority of the people in this thread came to your defense. Become a part of the community with us. The more people we have that are sober minded the better, IMHO.

QFT. Kedali, all in all, the SPF is a great place to take refuge, when not actually in game that is :laugh: . I hope that in time you have a change of heart, because this community has a great deal to offer in terms of the enjoyment you take out of this silly game :thumbsup: .

-PP

I really should stay out of this, but...

I have read all seven pages, and my impression is that there has been little flaming here. Noodle made a bad call, and hopefully this thread will show him that 'such a streak of luck' is indeed possible. Most importantly, he apologised, which should effectively bring the matter to a close. The rest of this thread has centred around the forum's attitude as a whole of late, which is actually beneficial, as it provides an opportunity for us to address some of our issues.

Some of you will remember that I farmed Hell Mephisto repeatedly over the course of five days. I accumulated much more than Kedali did, so Kedali's finds are more than plausible, and can be gathered over the space of even just a few hours. He clearly stated that he farmed Hell Meph, and Hell Meph can be extremely rewarding, even with little MF% on.

I would like to say a few things to you, Kedali. I have come across a few of your posts in the Necromancer forum, and you never did come across as some hacker. There was another thread not so long ago in this forum, of which I was indirectly involved with the guy who was being lynched, that was far worse than this one. In a sense, you got off light, given the suspicion that has been floating around of late.

Having said that, the attitude of the forum, in general, remains the same. If I was in your shoes, I too would not for a moment want to remain in the SPF any longer. Why would I wish to stay, when there seems to be so much hostility towards newcomers?

But please bear in mind that there are many here as well who are in support of you, as there were in support of the other guy in that other thread I mentioned. We are all not paranoid freaks; most of us are decent, but it only takes one suspicious or grumpy old *** to rock the whole boat.

I'm not all that 'old' myself. There have been established members here that are bemoaning the state of the SPF of late, remembering a time when it used to be much friendlier and welcoming. In that sense, you happen to be another luckless victim of the ills of the SPF.

In any case, your finds are completely within the ordinary. There are no 'unresolved issues' with your items, as there is with this other guy I was talking about. If you choose to stay, then the majority of the forum will not think that you're some kind of hacker, as there is absolutely nothing to question. If you choose to leave, I won't blame you, considering the treatment that you have received.

Like I said to this other guy, even in paradise there are imperfections! If you choose to look elsewhere, I wish you good luck in your search.

A general statement on my part to no one in particular: there is a reason why I am so cynical and pessimistic of the human race.

So since this thread is still going full stream, I wish to be deemed a hacker.

I mean... in the course of 4-5 hours I found:
Crown of Ages(2 open sockets)
Griswold's Valor
Ormus' Robes
Stormlash
Stormspire

Last time I checked, more rare than a couple of SoJs and a Hone Sudan. Yeah, guy had other stuff, too. But nothing major. I can probably find that within a few hours of baaling. What's your point?

I once again reiterate what I was saying in my first post.

Let's have this die. End the discussion.

"zomg hax" and "zomg noez" can be handled via-PM(To AE).

GG?

I said, GG?

GG.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High