Amazing Item Find Career Start

Noodle

Jul 18, 2003
Amazing Item Find Career Start

I know there's an item find thread, but we have a newcomer who's off to a career the likes of which I've never seen! Let's celebrate an amazing Waimea Factor!

http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=450655&page=54

quote Kedali:

Am having some incredible luck since I started SP. Think I switched over 2-3 weeks ago and have found full Tal's set, eth shaft, vamp gaze, two skullders, eth hone sundan. four shakos, two arachnid meshes, war travs, two tal's ammys, occy, eschuta's, arreat's, and a whole bunch of other pretty good uniques. Also, just found my second (!) soj just now since I started sp. I think the Diablo gods were telling me to forget bnet forever and just have fun on SP.

You've certainly had some incredible luck! How about posting the ATMA readouts (with fingerprints) of your amazing finds?

To list them off:

Full Tal's Set
Ethereal Shaftstop
Vamp Gaze
Two Skullder's Ires
Ethereal Hone Sundan
Four (count 'em) shako's
Two Arachnid Meshes
War Travelors (Are they perfect, by any chance?)
Two Tal's Amulets
Occulus
Eschuta's Temper
Arreat's Face

and the crowning achievement, TWO STONES OF JORDAN!!!!

All in less than three weeks! That's right, folks, we may yet see our first complete grail finished in less than two months!
Absolutely incredible! For your next trick, would you please try to bring a level 94 barbarian to level 99 in less than a week? Please?

- Noodle

I'll gladly post the readouts, but seriously.. if you thought I was using an item stash tool or something, you should have just contacted a mod instead of making an *** out of yourself.

The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Required Level: 29
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0xf4ff9d6c
+20 to Mana
Adds 1-12 lightning damage
Increase Maximum Mana 25%
+1 to All Skill Levels

The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Required Level: 29
Item Level: 83
Fingerprint: 0x10348ced
+20 to Mana
Adds 1-12 lightning damage
Increase Maximum Mana 25%
+1 to All Skill Levels

Here are the sojs, give me some time to get the rest. And no the war travs aren't perfect, almost the worst roll possible actually.

Shaftstop
Mesh Armor
Defense: 950
Durability: 23 of 23
Required Strength: 82
Required Level: 38
Item Level: 59
Fingerprint: 0x4d91f9c
+60 to Life
+196% Enhanced Defense
+250 Defense vs. Missile
Damage Reduced by 30%
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

Vampire Gaze
Grim Helm
Defense: 252
Durability: 29 of 40
Required Strength: 58
Required Level: 41
Item Level: 75
Fingerprint: 0xd757c80b
+100% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 13
Damage Reduced by 18%
Adds 6-22 cold damage over 4 seconds
8% Life stolen per hit
6% Mana stolen per hit
15% Slower Stamina Drain

Hone Sundan
Yari
'AmnShaelAmn'
Two-Hand Damage: 141 to 289
Durability: 15 of 15
Required Strength: 91
Required Level: 37
Spear Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x633694bb
+183% Enhanced Damage
+20 to Minimum Damage
+40 to Maximum Damage
14% Life stolen per hit
20% Increased Attack Speed
45% Chance of Crushing Blow
Repairs 1 durability in 10 seconds
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (3: 3 used)

Skullder's Ire
Russet Armor
Defense: 678
Durability: 90 of 90
Required Strength: 97
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x9cbcc6ca
+178% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 10
+60 Maximum Durability
24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+1 to All Skill Levels
112% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based on Character Level)
Repairs 1 durability in 5 seconds
Socketed (1: 1 used)

Skullder's Ire
Russet Armor
Defense: 673
Durability: 90 of 90
Required Strength: 97
Item Level: 75
Fingerprint: 0x22225b8f
+176% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 10
+60 Maximum Durability
+1 to All Skill Levels
1% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based on Character Level)
Repairs 1 durability in 5 seconds

Harlequin Crest
Shako
Defense: 127
Durability: 6 of 12
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0xe09defc6
+2 to Strength
+2 to Energy
+2 to Dexterity
+2 to Vitality
Damage Reduced by 10%
50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+2 to All Skill Levels
+1 to Life (Based on Character Level)
+1 to Mana (Based on Character Level)

Harlequin Crest
Shako
Defense: 186
Durability: 7 of 7
Required Strength: 40
Fingerprint: 0xe451e169
+2 to Strength
+2 to Energy
+2 to Dexterity
+2 to Vitality
Damage Reduced by 10%
+2 to All Skill Levels

Harlequin Crest
Shako
Defense: 132
Durability: 8 of 12
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0xbc726abe
+2 to Strength
+2 to Energy
+2 to Dexterity
+2 to Vitality
Damage Reduced by 10%
+2 to All Skill Levels

Harlequin Crest
Shako
Defense: 112
Durability: 12 of 12
Fingerprint: 0x8f54407a
+2 to Strength
+2 to Energy
+2 to Dexterity
+2 to Vitality
Damage Reduced by 10%
74% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+2 to All Skill Levels
+135 to Life (Based on Character Level)
+135 to Mana (Based on Character Level)
Socketed (1: 1 used)

Arachnid Mesh
Spiderweb Sash
Defense: 127
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Level: 80
Fingerprint: 0x49c2097d
+103% Enhanced Defense
Increase Maximum Mana 5%
20% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to All Skill Levels
Slows Target by 10%
Level 3 Venom (11/11 Charges)

Arachnid Mesh
Spiderweb Sash
Defense: 203
Durability: 7 of 7
Required Strength: 40
Required Level: 80
Fingerprint: 0x72d54cdf
+116% Enhanced Defense
Increase Maximum Mana 5%
20% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to All Skill Levels
Slows Target by 10%
Level 3 Venom (7/11 Charges)

War Traveler
Battle Boots
Defense: 120
Durability: 48 of 48
Required Strength: 95
Fingerprint: 0x89934ef7
+10 to Strength
+10 to Vitality
+152% Enhanced Defense
+15 to Minimum Damage
+25 to Maximum Damage
+30 Maximum Durability
Attacker Takes Damage of 10
34% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
25% Faster Run/Walk
40% Slower Stamina Drain

Tal Rasha's Adjudication
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0x14fe750e
+50 to Life
+42 to Mana
Lightning Resist +33%
Adds 3-32 lightning damage
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels

***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
10% Faster Cast Rate

Tal Rasha's Adjudication
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Item Level: 82
Fingerprint: 0x4199a857
+50 to Life
+42 to Mana
Lightning Resist +33%
Adds 3-32 lightning damage

10% Faster Cast Rate

The Oculus
Swirling Crystal
One-Hand Damage: 18 to 42
Durability: 50 of 50
(Sorceress Only)
Orb Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xfdee5397
+20 to Energy
+20 to Vitality
+20% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +20
+3 to Sorceress Skill Levels
30% Faster Cast Rate
+5 to Mana After Each Kill
25% Chance to cast Level 1 Teleport when struck

Eschuta's Temper
Eldritch Orb
One-Hand Damage: 18 to 50
Durability: 30 of 30
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 72
Orb Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x2c394ed1
+27 to Energy
40% Faster Cast Rate
+18% to Fire Skill Damage
+14% to Lightning Skill Damage

Arreat's Face
Slayer Guard
Defense: 314
Durability: 55 of 55
(Barbarian Only)
Required Strength: 118
Fingerprint: 0x327b3480
+20 to Strength
+20 to Dexterity
+160% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +30
5% Life stolen per hit
+2 to Barbarian Skill Levels
30% Faster Hit Recovery
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
+2 to Combat Skills (Barbarian Only)

Any other readouts you'd like to see? Or are you done making an *** out of yourself?

If I've incorrectly accused you, I absolutely aplogize. What you claimed seemed too good to be true. I do have to wonder, how on earth were you able to accumulate these in less than three weeks starting from scratch? I've never seen the like.

- Noodle

Noodle said:
If I've incorrectly accused you, I absolutely aplogize. What you claimed seemed too good to be true. I do have to wonder, how on earth were you able to accumulate these in less than three weeks starting from scratch? I've never seen the like.

- Noodle

"Am having some incredible luck since I started SP."

Apparently you can quote but not read.

Oh, I'm quite literate, but can also remember when I moved to Single Player and started from scratch. It took me significantly longer than two to three weeks to build a character AND acquire items necessary for me to repeatedly run areas with a sufficiently high enough level to drop multiple items with iLevels 87. With your apparent luck, you really should have spent your time driving from place to place and playing every lottery you could find.

That said, and since you quoted yourself, I'll do the same: "If I've incorrectly accused you, I absolutely apologize." And, I'll repeat, (this is from personal curiosity,) how on earth were you able to accumulate these in less than three weeks starting from scratch?

- Noodle

seems credible to me. though i know nothing of fingerprinting. looks like he prolly did a fair amount of meph runs. besides this isnt ridiculously out of the ordinary. i had 2 soj's drop from meph within a hundred runs or so

Magic find runs, how else do you get items?

Started with a meteorb sorc fully untwinked. Pushed hard to nightmare, just going for levels in normal, think I was about 45 when I killed baal (all done on players 8, even the bosses since being a noob to SP I wasn't used to messing with the /players command and always forgot to turn it down when it was boss time). Soon as I got to nightmare, completed act1 and went back and did andy runs for a little bit. Nothing great, but I got a couple gear improvements. After that, pushed through 'til I got to a4 and then went back and spent a while farming nm meph. This gave me a significant number of gear improvements which increased my killing speed and mf by quite a bit. After that, just pushed through to hell and then ran hell andy a few times. Don't think I got any gear improvements from her, but did get a couple decent items. Then, once again pushed to a4 and went back and farmed the hell out of meph. Rolled a good map and kept killing him until my merc and I were decently equipped, then went ahead and got to act5 and killed shenk. I had a pretty good amount of mf by then, and just kept farming meph a hell of a lot and then once I got into my 80's started doing pindle mostly. From 89-90 I did mostly large clears: countess, andy, meph, pindle, eldritch, thresh with occaisonal ancient tunnel runs thrown in. Think I spent probly 2-4 hrs per day or so, more on the weekends. Pretty sure it took me 4-5 days to get my sorc to a5 hell and she just sat there for a while since there was no particular need to kill baal, Mat'ed her last week. Knowing how to gain wealth combined with incredible luck is how I did it. I don't know why it took you so long to get a char MF ready unless you were playing ultra casual or something, but just because someone can do it faster, doesn't mean they are cheating.

Looks okay to me....besides if I wanted to brag, I would've went on something on the lines of "Hey guys! Nothing much after restarting 3 weeks ago, a couple of WF, 1x DW, DF, eth Tomby 3os, 5x SoJ (these things are pretty common), 2x Mang Song's Lesson, 275ED DC, Cranium Basher, 8x Tal's Armor and 3x Stormlashes. Nice finds eh?"

:laugh:

Items readouts and whatever else have you, still sounds too good to be true to me. Not that I care really, how he chooses to play his game effects how I play not in the least.

Having a run of great luck is one thing, Full Tals + 4x Harly + 2x SoJ in a matter of a couple weeks from scratch sounds more like a fairy tale.

Guys, you gotta realise that nothing good will come out of this. There is no way for him to prove that he's legit and there's no way for you to prove that he's not legit. Threads like this make me a sad panda.

What's the point? If you think he should be banned contact a mod. Still, doing so without proof is pointless. Just because someone is new and finds good stuff doesn't make him unlegit. You'd believe these finds if they were mine without batting an eye, I bet. Or at least you probably wouldn't question them because I'm not exactly a newcomer.

So, yeah, as I said before, before posting threads like this, ask yourself "What would jesus do" and if you want to accuse someone try to make sure you actually have proof. You're letting prejudices get the better of you. You read "new guy" and "quit bnet" and so of course he hacks. As I said before, even if he hacked his items you will not be able to prove it. Believe it or don't believe it, but this witch hunting is pointless.

If I had a run like that, I'd quit d2 - couldn't face the horror of all those green breastplates to balance out the good luck...

Kedali - I asume you were playing untwinked. What MF gear did you use to start with? I assume lots of Ptopaz, or did you manage to pick up a tarnhelm/goldwrap etc? I ask because I'm just bringing my meteorb through NM with the intention of farming meph for a bit and I lack any really killer MF gear.

When I think back, I managed to find 3 HoZ + 3SoJ + several stormshields+arachnid's during the course of three weeks.
This includes the last MFO in which I MF'ed like a MF'er. It's not impossible.
It's called Meph+Pindle, 45 and 20 seconds respectively.
I didn't manage to find Tal's armor yet, but found enough to trade for one.

Edit: twinked of course, but it's reasonable to expect that your MF% will increase with MF finds.

Edit2: I should have known better than to post in a thread like this.
*slaps wrist, bad AJK*
Let's leave the thread to die. *dona eis requiem*

Sweet.

So let's have this thread die. And end the discussion.

Any further "zomg hax" and "zomg noez" can be handled via-PM.

GG?

GG.

Masas said:
What about him mentioning his preference of using dupes while he still was cattle netter?
http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4213963#post4213963

I can only speak for myself but I'd be more suspicious of somebody who plays b.net and claims that all of his ebotds are legit. None of the items this guy mentioned are really incredibly hard to find. Sure, his luck is definetly above average but there is no definite proof and if you'd ban everyone who seemed suspicious to you this would be an empty place.

I don't condone duping items but treating this guy different just because he's new and quit b.net is lame. If him finding good items is suspicious, so is everybody else having above average luck.

In ten days of MFing hell meph (with a few hell andariel and pindle mixed in when my eyes started to bleed), I found This.

It can be done, and I wasn't even spending a real large amount of time on it. This kind of thread makes me very sad about this place. I only recently arrived and already I've seen several of these. What happened to being happy for someone else when they prosper?

Can we only relate to someone if they are down on their luck? Do we only feel for those who have bad luck, and do not cheer with those who have some good? What does that say about us?

/mourn

Someone should make a "Meph-culator" which you would input your MF, players setting, and a shopping list of items like this, and the program would output the expected number of runs and a standard deviation. I've no idea how many this guy did in three weeks... maybe he's under house arrest. But I bet the expected number of runs to get that list is ~100,000.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High