Where did you find your Tyraels?

I use my Tyrael's on my merc for my Baal running FO/FB Sorceress. She wear's nature's peace and together, every enemy that dies has RIP applied so you don't have to worry about wave 2 resurrecting stuff.

I use my Tyrael's on my merc for my Baal running FO/FB Sorceress. She wear's nature's peace and together, every enemy that dies has RIP applied so you don't have to worry about wave 2 resurrecting stuff.

Iirc @Grape was using Tyrael's on his merc when doing Nihlathak runs, so an accidental merc kill didn't give Nihl something to use his CE on.

28 IK Soul Cages (all sources)
6 Templars (one from Pindle)
0 Tyraels

Depressing I know...

Wow, just wow.

In Pindle's case the uniquelvl of Tyrael's is too high and hence the game never adds it to that list. So the only thing on that list is Templar's.
Hmm, I thought that all uniques of that kind are added to the list and if Tyrael's is rolled up, Pindleskin will drop a failed unique, but I'm not 100% sure. It sounds a bit wrong that e.g. monsters with a low level have lesser chances to drop unisue rings and amulets because the ones with high qlvls will produce a failed unique.

It's probably difficult to prove it, but it might be more likely to occur with a few set items, like the cap from the Infernal set (qlvl 7) versus Sander's (qlvl 20).

The Amazon Base's page about the item drop procedure isn't clear about the topic of multiple uniques of the same base, the lines "check if there is currently a unique available for this item, if yes, continue, if no, drop 3x durability rare item" and "check qlvl of unique item vs monster mlvl (qlvl < mlvl), if yes, then unique item drop allowed, if no, drop 3x durability rare item" could mean either of the two... and I think I just broke the AB when searching for "failed unique" with quotes. Time to summon @onderduiker...

Last edited:
@krischan A low level monster will only add those unique rings/amulets to it's unique list that it is capable of dropping, again the only chance for a failed unique here is if the same unique they pick has been picked before.

For example NM Andariel can only drop a failed Unique ring if one already dropped in the game. Her better chance at SoJ's is caused by her unique ring list being shorter than that of other monsters while still containing SoJ.

The thing about the list creation is from the Item Generation Tutorial, more precisely here.

The problem with failed unique rings is that you cannot identify them as such :).

This question is so specific that I don't trust all sources equally, so I haven't given up yet with being right at the end :). I'm tending towards what you said, however.

I made a few normal Coldcrow runs, a level 7 super-unique that can produce TC3 items only (apart from the usual junk) and has the highest chance to drop a set or unique cap (except for the Cow King, but he could drop Sander's as well). In the very first run, I found the Infernal cap right away, but no cap at all in the next 20. Then I lost patience because it's not vey rewarding.

The problem with failed unique rings is that you cannot identify them as such :).

This question is so specific that I don't trust all sources equally, so I haven't given up yet with being right at the end :). I'm tending towards what you said, however.

I made a few normal Coldcrow runs, a level 7 super-unique that can produce TC3 items only (apart from the usual junk) and has the highest chance to drop a set or unique cap (except for the Cow King, but he could drop Sander's as well). In the very first run, I found the Infernal cap right away, but no cap at all in the next 20. Then I lost patience because it's not vey rewarding.
I have found 2x sanders caps in the last 3 weeks. One in hell cows and one from trav. still no infernal cap :confused:

29xIKSC
8xTemplar's
2xTyrael's

so far. Third Tyrael's, and then the only item missing from my third full s/u Grail would be Cow King's hooves ^^

Both of my Tyrael's are from the Pit. One during an MFO, one during the Zodthon we had few years ago.

@T72on1 you remember right, had it on my Nihla 99er's merc. Slightly useful, and stylish at least ;)

I got mine at yousuckatvideogamessogiveusmoneyandwegiveyouitams.info

JK. 0 Sacred Armors. Of any quality.

In fact, the only elite S/U body I have is Nat's.

I need to step up my MF game!

Found my Tyrael's in Pits during 2018 MFO. Total of 11 Templar's, although 7 of those came from Pindle. 2 of those Templar's are also ethereal.

All relevant data is here

Now I'm at 3 Templar's and 3 Tyrael's, Templar's counts only outside Pindle. At the same time found only one Zod and one Astreon's, two Mang Song's... RNG etc.

In Ancient Tunnels:
View attachment 13358

Found it early, elite unique find number 28 out of 85. Templar's came not long after. Still no IK version according to Flavie.

edit: Now at 51/85 elite unique items.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High