Theoretical Best Skill Tree Combination

I just remembered this thread :D

Some ideas:

- Sorceress with Lightning Skill Tree, Paladin Combat Skills Tree and Amazon Passive Tree - Holy Shield, D/A/E and ES on top if you want a great tank, FoH with Lightning Mastery for nice attack. Lightning for range. (Or Charger Dual Dream Sorc ^^)

- Sorceress with Fire Skill Tree, Druid Elemental Tree and Paladin Defensive Auras Tree - Blaze, Armageddon running Sorc (ofc resist fire would work as synergy for fun)

But best would be as frozzzen told me some time ago:

- Assassin with Traps and Shadow Disciplines Trees and Amazon Passive and Magic Skills Tree - A PvP trapper is already OP, imagine it with D/A/E on top. (Sorceress Lightning Skill Tree could be a choice instead but just for the Teleport only since LM doesn't work with traps. But not needing Enigma could make a Ghost use Beta Bramble as base armor)

This would also be very strong:

- Druid with Passive and Magic instead of Shape Shifting. Well that amazon skill tree is OP for most PvPers... 3 skill points for D/A/E...

Last edited:
I'm not sure about trapper without teleport. She indeed would be painful to deal with with certain builds, but against majority builds out there she wouldn't have the upper hand at all. Whoever knows how to wsg would be able to avoid traps pretty easily even when under mindblast spam since you know that thing cannot teleport on you. Also walking trappers tend to camp among their traps, so she would be pretty much forced to battle against absorb, even on sorcs and necros. Because lolcamping.

I mean same goes for any non-teleport build out there. Druid with no teleport is just a food, unless its 11k hp rabies druid. If you wanna really strong character, combine shapeshifting skills + summoning skills + passive amazon skills to make that rabies druid have d/a/e on top of 11k hp.

Anyway we have different interpretations with what pharphis meant with "Equipment is limited to what the character class can use." For me it's class specific items.

I forgot the that the character could only use one skill tree from it's class, so that would make said trapper needing to be other class, so no claws and no claw block :(
(lame restriction)

If pharphis really meant no +oskills he should have phrase it better :p like "No +oskills"

Without Enigma and CtA things would change.

Last edited:
I blame Maareek and his lightning and warcry skills for sorc. His lame-build suggestion confused me. It's super effective!

Okay, get ready for some serious PVM sexiness.

Base: Traps: Lightning Trapper (43 points, DS and LS)
2nd': Summoning (Necro) (40 points, RS and SM)
3rd: war cries (10 BO, 10 Warcry, 1 in everything else)

My god, what an army. You can use dual claw to increase trap damage, or Beast to make skellies hit harder. You can also use infinity if you don't want to use it on your merc. Enigma and other trapper goods are preferred here. I would use war cry skillers over trap skillers, but whatever floats your boat.

The merc would be a might merc with either Pride, Infinity, or Reapers depending on your preference. Nothing is going to last long against this build anyway. With BO and Shout, the ability to stun and toss traps around that use corpse explosion, this build can waste just about anything with pretty much 0 chance of death.

Anyway we have different interpretations with what pharphis meant with "Equipment is limited to what the character class can use." For me it's class specific items.

I forgot the that the character could only use one skill tree from it's class, so that would make said trapper needing to be other class, so no claws and no claw block :(
(lame restriction)

If pharphis really meant no +oskills he should have phrase it better :p like "No +oskills"

Without Enigma and CtA things would change.
I am referring to class-specific items, yes. So if you choose a barb class for the high life/VIT point, then the only class-specific item you can wear is barb helms.

If you have a build that needs 2 trees from a single class that's cool, too. Still interesting to think about

Best base would be Barbarian for most (or all) cases. Exception would be someone really wanting claw block and would use Assassin base. But with the best FCR breakpoints, best FHR breakpoints, biggest life and ability to dual wield it's hard not to pick it.

With Beta CtA and Enigma the Lightning Sorceress Tree and Barbarian Warcries would lose most their utility.

Amazon Passive and Magic it's always great in you can spare a Tree, Assassin Shadow is awesome having Mind Blast, Fade (and Weapon Block is you chose Assassin Base)...

Paladin Offensive Auras and Necromancer Curses are both awesome if increased firepower or elemental characters...

It's really hard to say. Without any restrictions and just picking 3 skill trees and base all the powerful characters could become even more powerful!

Imagine a Fire Sorc with the Barbarian's breakpoints and life, using dual HotO/wizardspike, zon's passive and sin's shadow disciplines... A trapper with zon's passive instead of martial, etc, etc.

Last edited:
Ok, let's share some ideas.

Barbarian base is indeed very strong, only problem with it is barb would get only +3 BO from cta, unlike other builds which will receive full bonus. It's not problem for 1.13 cta where difference is only 3 BO levels between barb and non-barb characters, but if you have 15 BO beta cta, it does make difference. Well I guess dual wield makes some kind of compensation for that weakness, and barb would still have highest life of all I would say.

Following char is actually Nulio's idea, I'm just stealing it from him. This is PvP char idea.
Barb base for best fcr breakpoints, ability to dual wield, best fhr breakpoints and high hp per vita gain.

Combat Masteries skill tree for awesome 1 point wonder skills. Increased speed, Iron Skin and Natural Resistance all provide great bonuses to character. Total of only 4 points invested to have probably tripled defense, fast running and "free" allres.

Shadow Discipline skill tree. Should you ask? Mindblast! Fade! Shadow Master! Another tree full of wonderful 1 point wonders that give so much in return. Fade gives another boost to allresist, bonus to DR% and reduces length of curses, also gives nice appearance. Mindblast... will blast your mind. Shadow Master as minion stack who can mindblast, traps, kicks etc. There is also Burst of Speed if you want to run with speed of light combined with Increased Speed skill.

Posion and Bone Spells skill tree. 8 cast frame Bone Spirits, Spears and Teeth? Yes please. You have plenty of skillpoints left to bump into this skill tree for awesome damage. Spirit someone, then just mindblast him until Spirits hit. Teeth someone while he has mindblast swirly over head. Spear him too. Bone armor? Yes please.

Idea of char is to dual wield fcr weapons + Enigma. 4 or 5 frame hit recovery, 105 fcr, high mana and spam. Master + Oak as minion stack... Enough points to Fade for 50 dr% total. Naturally I picked Masteries skill tree because it seems to me that if you pick some class, you also must pick one skill tree of that class. Otherwise amazon passive >>> barb masteries.

I have to say, I'm really disappointed in all the people throwing in Lightning for the Teleport or War Cries for the BO or Offensive Auras for Conviction, it's just a flash back to 1.10 when all the builds began to homogenize thanks to Enigma and CtA, and later Infinity. And, I guess, I don't see the point if you can get the bulk of the benefit from these OP gear options. Where's the creativity?

If I could do it, I'd use Poison and Bone for Poison Dagger and Corpse Explosion, Barb Combat for Whirlwind, etc., and Shadow Disciplines for some Burst of Speed, Shadow Master. Something about swirling through a crowd and then turning around and casting Corpse Explosion seems very gratifying (try Bonehew if you don't believe me). Your SM would be right behind you doing the same thing.

Alternatively, a Bazookazon would have Fire for Warmth, Enchant, and FM; Bow/Xbow for Explosive Arrows; and Defensive Auras for Vigor, Redemption, Defiance, Meditation, etc.

Ah. Dang it. Forgot it doesn't function like Enchant. Nonetheless, CE is the real treat of the tab.

I'd pick a Necromancer base with the Curse tab. Then I'd get the barb Combat skills and sorc Fire skills. Yeah. That'd be awesome.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High