Theoretical Best Skill Tree Combination

pharphis

Aug 1, 2011
In an effort to distract my competition in the MFO, I thought I'd post this thread for others to give ideas on best possible build if you could use any combination of skill tree.

For "balance", let's say you choose the character class, then
1 skill tree of that character class
2 other skill trees of any character class

Equipment is limited to what the character class can use.

Thoughts?

My suspicion is that Barb is best class, with warcries. The two remaining trees I'm unsure of

As I'm thinking about this, the more I believe it comes, in part, down to 0skills, with the most powerful spell.

Enigma - +Teleport: which leads to the Sorc Lightning Tree.
This opens up Lightning/Chain Lightning, Static Field and Teleport.

What benefits Lightning?
Infinity - Conviction Aura: Second skill tree would be Pally defensive aura for the more powerful level 25+ Conviction.

Third? Barbarian Warcries for Battle Orders/+skill warcry? - Or should the character class be Barbarian for the +hp bonus, with Sorc Light skill tree + Pally Defensive skill tree?

Massive tank, with Conviction and one of the strongest elemental skill damages in the game? This could potentially be compared with Furyzon, or Blizzsorc, but then you'd be required to wear Enigma.

... Or, for absolute fun, Summon necro + summon druid + Fanatacism? This theory opens up a number of unique build options...

Seems like a pretty straightforward answer to me.

Class: Sorceress
"Home" Tree: Cold, for Blizzard, Blizz synergies and Cold Mastery
Second Tree: Warcries, for Battle Command and Battle Orders
Third Tree: Lightning, for Teleport.

Best character, easy peasy lemon squeasy. ;p

Now to get back to the tunnels.

Isn't there a way to get a Shadow Warrior casting higher level of traps/spells than her summoner? If so, that opens up some intriguing possibilities such as an OP sorc tree, paired with conviction, paired with the already great Shadow Disciplines tree. Not sure if lightning would be best due to two casters combining with next delay, or if another tree might fit better.

Amazon base, java tree, pally offensive aura tree (conviction), sorc light tree (light mastery, teleport). You'd get a lightning zon with ridiculous +damage and level 30+ conviction after skills. It would one hit anything without unbreakable immunity.

I did consider LFzon, but yeah, completely missed the Lightning Mastery - now that's one cow killer...

What about a Barb utilising the masteries tree as his main, with zon passive and magics tree as well as warcry tree.

Kind of the ultimate passive character? The Valk with high level BO would be OP!

No best but laziness,

Druid-element, Sorc-lighting, Barb-warcries.

Armaggedon, Hurriance, Thunder Storm,;)
teleporting around while casting static field and some warcry?:p

What about an assassin who can use her shadow master, with amazon P&M skilltree for a high level Valk and Druid Summoning for a high level Grizzly Bear.

Or the same kinda combination using either Druid or Zon

I think Conviction on yourself is limited to very close range skills, so actually not ideal for chain lightning / lightning fury. CS zon with lite mastery and conviction would be the ultimate killer.

The most fun would be deciding if my amp casting bowzon wanted to use faith and burst of speed or windforce and fanaticism. I think I would choose burst of speed.

I would like the ultimate fuzzy-dodger passive-sin:
Assassin with shadow tree skills: Weapon block, Burst of Speed, Weapon mastery
Passive and magic skill tree: dodges
Combat masteries: Increased speed and Natural Resistance
Would still need Beast for bear form and CTA for BC/BO...

Also nice:
The ultimate trap-sin: Assassin with traps and shadow disciplines plus sorc lightning tree purely for lightning mastery.
Dual-Dream paladin: Combat skills, defensive auras, and sorc lightning tree for lightning mastery. Would need infinity merc. Since lightning mastery applies twice to the weapon damage component of holy shock we would get ~175k max lightning damage. This would frequently surpass the 81k damage rollover threshold, so a different build is likely better:
Amazon with bow skills: Multishot/strafe, Paladin defensive auras: holy shock synergies, and sorceress lightning skills for mastery. Wielding a bow only allows a single Dream helm, but that should still get 67.5k max lightning damage due to double lightning mastery application on attack applied to a 7fpa multishot or 3-frame strafe with an infinity merc.

I am fairly sure the Dream-synergies/sorc mastery bowazon will strongly compete with a javazon / sorc mastery for general area clearing due to the double mastery application on attack damage versus only applying once to lighting fury bolts. The javazon would win for boss killing, though with 40-50k max damage charged bolts from charged strike. For dense mobs, the javazon gets to have 100% pierce as it can still take the passives tree, so it also gets 5x damage from LF piercing and proccing multiple times. Its a toss-up. :confused:

For the Dream/bow build the base character class is not clear either, as amazon has better attack speed breakpoints with bows and more life per vitality point, while sorceress has better cast rate breakpoints for teleport. One would have to try out the kill speed to determine how much time is spent attacking versus teleporting. It may also change depending on the type of runs being done. Paladin is also an option if life is more important than cast rate while amazons casting too slow.

Last edited:
Would holy shock or holy fire auras be able to be boosted enough for the pulse damage to kill in hell? Hmm

I finally thought of what I would like, after seeing some really interesting ideas. This is probably not the most powerful, but it HAS to be the most amazing thing for annihilating single targets while maintaining great defenses

Class: Assassin
Skill tree 1: Shadow Disciplines
Skill tree 2: Paladin's Offensive Auras
Skill tree 3: Sorceress' Lightning Skills

Max out Lightning Mastery
Max out Conviction
Max out Telekinesis
Max out Energy Shield
19 points into Fade (or 16, so you can get one point into Mind Blast, if you want it for some reason, maybe it's useful in duels, even without fcr)
With prerequisites, that will take you to 110 points

Use Artisan's/Jeweler's Greater Talons of Quickness and put 3 Shael Runes in it
Dream Tiara
Dream shield in whatever is light, can get 3 sockets, and has a low strength requirement and low block rate.
Duress
Gores
String of Ears
Blood Crafted Gloves
Mara's
Ravenfrost
Whatever other ring fills you out where you're lacking
on switch: (and this is what brings this build full circle...)
Beast in a low-requirement axe with splendor in low-requirement shield (gonna get a cool 3 fpa swing with that claw)

Get enough Captain's GCs to boost Conviction to 25 with the rest of the gear, then get Sparking Grand Charms. GCs will probably be 45 lifers. Small charms to get at least 75 all res, maybe stack it, I don't care. More life. More mana if you wouldn't want to stack resists any more.

Stats would be enough str/dex for gear, but nothing more, because blocking is only going to slow you down, and your physical damage is doomed to be WEEEEEAAAAAK.
Split the rest among Vitality and Energy, because more life means MORE LIFE, especially when you're shifted, and Mana means you have an even greater buffer between incoming attacks and your life.

Seems like a knock-out build with great lightning damage, paired with an impressive 3 fpa attack (which is faster than any other build would be able to get while maintaining both dreams.... Wolf Barbs wouldn't be able to to use feral rage without the helm on, and WW Barbs can't get those 12.5 strikes per second if they're using a shield in one of those hands)

I like how this would emphasize building the character completely around the gear, giving skills from multiple classes on their own, while still making use of multple class' skill trees for defense and buffing the gear's effects.

Anyhow... That's all just a dream...
That was fun. Awesome thread, @pharphis

I loved pyro's idea for the ultimate trap-sin.

Moar damage for either a trapper or an hybrid and no need to use Enigma. 1.07 Arkaine's, CoH or Vipermagi for a trapper? Would forti be nice for a hybrid since it has res, life, fcr and dmg?

I'm not sure if Lightning Mastery would contribute to Lightning Traps. Traps are considered minions, which to me, is light the Shadow, Valkyrie, or Lightning Mage Skeleton. They are somewhat a unique "minion" so maybe Lightning Mastery would help?

Iirc the -eLR doesn't work for traps, but the % to lightning damage will apply when the trap is cast. But not when the trap fires. I'm not 100% sure although.

Edit: I've been told that it doesn't indeed give any bonus to LS.

Last edited:
Dual Dream light mastery + synergized toon would probably kill many things on P1 with one pulse. But I would trade the Defensive auras tab for Whirlwind.

Double mastery doesn't work on ranged attacks, so another bubble burst there. It would still apply once.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High