Jul 18, 2003
OT - Most Commonly Misspelled Words in Forums

The ones that I notice the most, anyway:

- "Fanatism" Aura
- "Rouge" Mercenary
- "Assasin" Character class
- "Nithilak" Super Unique
- "teh" anything :wink:
- "Guilamaume's" Face (various spellings)

- Noodle

your and you're.....I do this alot.

And I always misspell noodle and write n00ble instead.

I see a lot of people misspell Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanokoniosis. It's quite annoying really.

Of all the various forums I visit, it's these:

your/you're

"Rediculous"

If I limit it to game forums add "rouge" in too.

One I am a common offender on and I know I'm not alone with is:

recieved instead of received.

The little saying that goes through my head everytime I spell it "I before E except after C"... and I still get it wrong.

Blackstream said:
I see a lot of people misspell Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanokoniosis. It's quite annoying really.

I know how to spell that word :D

And antidisesablishmentarianism.

I don't know what that Nithetcetc guy's name really is, I never kill him (in case I want to run Pindle, don't know why I haven't done the quest in normal and nightmare though. Might go back and do that soon).

Humphrey said:
I don't know what that Nithetcetc guy's name really is, I never kill him (in case I want to run Pindle, don't know why I haven't done the quest in normal and nightmare though. Might go back and do that soon).

I kill that guy 3 times with every char. As long as you don't take the WP, the portal is still open.

Is it? Cool, I don't like having missing quests, I think I'll go kill him next time I play each char.

"Tyrael's" - the 'a' comes before the 'e'.

Tyrael's so stingy in giving out his armor because he's pissed that people keep misspelling his name.

I probably have never spelled Shaefer's correctly. Sometimes it's Schaeffer's, sometimes it's Schaffer's, at times it's even Scaffer's.

On the forums I usually see a lot of there/they're and your/you're mischoosings. "Could of" also comes to mind. Also "Tyreal's" makes me mad. The "angry mad", not the "mad scientist" mad.

When I started to venture into the abyssmal realms of the web a loooong time ago I thought: Damn, we got it all wrong at school :lol:

My own favourite misspelling is "loose" when I really mean the verb like in "to lose your items". The long vowel is so misleading...

What annoys me most is no particular word but when I have to guess what the writer really means...

well i miss spell things all the time but then again i usualy get alteast one letter wrong in words like:

NORDÖSTERSJÖKUSTARTILLERIFLYGSPANINGSSIMULATOR-
ANLÄGGNINGSMATERIELUNDERHÅLLSUPPFÖLJNINGS-
SYSTEMDISKUSSIONSINLÄGGSFÖRBEREDELSEARBETEN

or in english

"preparatory work on the contribution to the discussion on the maintaining system of support of the material of the aviation survey simulator device within the north-east part of the coast artillery of the Baltic,"

yes we swedes are crazy

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High