Noodle's SoJ Quest

Well, I'm one hundred runs in. No Soj (not that I expected one at this point), but I'm rather pleased with the results so far:

Carrion wind
Undead Crown X2
Glooms Trap
Ravenfrost
Nagelring
Trang Oul's Scales X2
War Trav's
Magefist
Visceratuant
Moser's Blessed Circle
Iron Pelt
Gore Rider
Bloodletter
Suicide Branch
Mahim-Oak Curio

And.
Dol
Fal

Good luck :thumbsup:

And you get bonus style points for doing MF runs with zealot :thumbsup:

I found my only SP SoJ by running Hell Andariel for exp. Hope you have similar luck!

Well, I'm one hundred runs in. No Soj (not that I expected one at this point), but I'm rather pleased with the results so far:

Trang Oul's Scales X2
I'll take one of those...;)

After reading this, i decided to do some NM andy runs to try and get an SOJ myself...after ~60 runs, not a single unique ammy or ring...So much for highest jewelry drop in the game =P. i found a half decent rare assassin ammy though, so it wasnt a complete waste

Mind if I join you Noodle? While I'm not dying to have a SoJ, it would definitely not hurt to have one :tongue:
If you don't, I'll be running NM Andy, and we can compare results if you'd like.

Mind if I join you Noodle? While I'm not dying to have a SoJ, it would definitely not hurt to have one :tongue:
If you don't, I'll be running NM Andy, and we can compare results if you'd like.

I like it! Best of luck to you.

Smips, you are welcome to one of the Trang's. My summoner already wears the full set, so these are extras. PM me your e-mail address if you're interested. I'm SC RRM / RWM, by the way.

- Noodle

Just after my restart a little while ago I was running NM meph for some hell viable items with my first char, a meteorb. Decided to include NM Andy seing as I had a good Andy and Meph map after reading whe was best for SoJ's. Found one on run 25ish but I am convinced it did not come from her. Her drop was terrible but about half a screen away towards the back of the throne room I happened to see a unique ring. Almost missed it and it was a SoJ. Not sure what dropped it though. Anyways it was my first SoJ in many years of playing D2 and probably over 30 gaurdians. Hope that motivates you to keep it up! Also enjoy the other drops as she does give good other items. Getting 29 and 30 mf nagels is always usefull as many of my chars keep those handy in the stash for optimising MF/survivability.

I am one of the blessed ones, I've found quite a few of these. (Not counting the pre LoD gambled ones).

I wish you the very best of luck in getting one :thumbsup:

Well obviously, after you find the first one, the other 2-6 SOJ's drop within the next 5 runs.

Good luck Noodle. I found one running Hell Meph. I may join you at Hell Andy soon as I need a Wisp Projector & BKWB for the grail.

[Advertisment]Join the Twelve Days of Christmas Tourney and you can find you own SoJ and complete quest 5 in one go![/Advertisment]

Golden rule: if the game knows (the game somehow always knows) what you are looking for, you will never find it, unless you completely give up/traded one/given one, etc ...

its the murphy's law, explains why sometimes when you are trying to find something..say a piece of paper when you really need it, you wont find it..but once you are done with needing it..it appears..psychological!

Yes, but NM Andariel. She is the best target for Jewelery in Hell. (She can drop everything except Metalgrid IIRC - No ATMA at work - someone will be along shortly to correct me :smiley:)

Edit:
Yes, NM is Nightmare difficulty.

Last edited:
Heh. May the luck be with you, like it was with me :wink:

I found two in past few months after my restart both from NM Andy. And both times before finding them, I got some strange feeling in my head :rolleyes:.
May it happen to you.

its the murphy's law, explains why sometimes when you are trying to find something..say a piece of paper when you really need it, you wont find it..but once you are done with needing it..it appears..psychological!

I just blew two power supplies in 5 days (2nd one today) because i was planning to play HG:L... Murphy's law again.

You have to literally forget about a unique to get it. I think all the uniques i've specifically wanted, i forgot about them before i got them. And for the base items with two uniques i've always got the opposite to what i've wanted.

I have got a SoJ though, 1 from the pits. I forgot about it while i was mainly focusing on getting unique elite armor. Now days i just focus on getting grailers, without looking for anything specific... well when my computer works.

[dismounts :soapbox:]

how much mf?

How much MF on your andy runner Noodle? I'm running NM andy for the increased chance of the unique ring being an soj, as it can't be a raven or carrion, ect. But in 80 runs so far I haven't found any unique rings, not even a nagel. I stopped picking up the nozakan relics after one though, lol.

My sorc's got 212 MF with her current setup, but she's only 75 and her merc usually dies if I try hell andy anyway.

How much MF on your andy runner Noodle? I'm running NM andy for the increased chance of the unique ring being an soj, as it can't be a raven or carrion, ect. But in 80 runs so far I haven't found any unique rings, not even a nagel. I stopped picking up the nozakan relics after one though, lol.

My sorc's got 212 MF with her current setup, but she's only 75 and her merc usually dies if I try hell andy anyway.
i was running NM andy yesterday for ~60-70 runs and no unique ammys or rings dropped. dont get discouraged though! sometimes it take 100-200 runs before things start turning up.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High