I am so hyped to finally time travel

@zemaj If only. I have never found a Cham once in my life lol. I did hear about the corpse spitters though. I guess in that situation you need to leave the game or go to town immediately if your merc dies anywhere near the corpse spitters lol?

I hope I can figure out ATMA okay. I have only been using gomule since I have been doing the single player thing.

Don’t bother with the merc. They tend to die too much.

Rush 7 more sorces?! Why is that lol?

Dear lord I wish I would have rushed and leveled a handful of sorcs before I started running racks in 1.07. My only leveled character is currently stuck (probably forever) in a hell game with a stable balrog skin rack incase I ever want to find another 1.07 valor.

Don’t bother with the merc. They tend to die too much.

For questing, probably. They don't benefit from a some of the stuff they do in later patches and without Insight your Sorc is better off teleporting away from danger.

For boss fights, Kelpie Snare or Riphook are very helpful on a merc and likely worth the constant resurrections while you level and when you get to the 556% MF breakpoint.

How do you guys go about rushing your own characters on 1.07? I also still need to get ATMA on this laptop. All I have on here is the game patched at 1.07.

My computer illiteracy is probably going to cuase me some problems when it comes to running ATMA and figuring out how to multi-screen rush sorces. I may have to hope for some other people's help who are playing 1.07. For now, I am bout to kill Andarial. Does the ANDY BUG work in 1.07? I am going to go about doing it that way just incase it is possible and actually worth doing.

I am sitting in Cata level 4 with my level 13 sorceress. She has level a level 4 Static Field, level 5 Warmth, level 1 Frozen Armor and then 1 point into all of the prereqs (ice bolt, ice blast, frost nova). I also have an eagle orb on switch that does 1 to charged bolt and is very useful in large packs of fallen and what not. I have 4 items that do Poison Length Reduced by 25%, not sure how it works exactly but hoping it makes the poison length last either no length at all or very shortly.

I did the Andy bug procedure, but haven't gone back to check if it actually works.

First unique so far: Crushflange Mace (I found it earlier, but the color shade made me thing it was rare.. until I recently noticed +15 strength mod and thought it was bizarre lol. Dumb me -.-)

First set so far: Berserker's Helm

I would love to post screenshots, but photobucket says I need to update to a newer browser to use it and I am not in the mood to do that and start another problem I don't need. Perhaps I look into a better image hosting site if people have better suggestions. I always used photobucket on my other laptop that has 1.14d or e or whatever it is. This laptop with 1.07 on it, is my dad's laptop he used until he recently passed away. He certainly wasn't using it for video games, image uploads or anything that involved anytime of downloading new programs. It was more of a news and naky lady viewer LOL.

Last edited:
I want to thank @ioupainmax for leading me to imgur. It was very easy to get set up and to use. Unfortunately, all of my screenshots are turning out black in their actual file location and when I attempt to upload them. So I guess that it is just another issue on my list of things to figure out.

Incase anyone is listening and knowledgeable in what I am doing, why are my screenshots from 1.07 on Imgur all black!?

Did glitching Andy do anything in 1.07 work as far as quest drops go, incase I want to farm her for awhile or on later difficulties if I bug her there too?

I just wanted to post my walkthrough on here for people to see incase they were interested in watching or if the pictures and stories motivated them to give 1.07 a try. I always loved watching other people's walkthroughs, so I wanted to return the favor and give people a story worth watching. Having no screenshots is really going to botch what I plan on doing as I get out of the first couple boring acts where I am learning things. :(

Does the ANDY BUG work in 1.07?
Nope. :( This wasn't a thing until 1.10.
I have 4 items that do Poison Length Reduced by 25%, not sure how it works exactly but hoping it makes the poison length last either no length at all or very shortly.
They stack up to 95, so having 4 items with 25 almost completely kills the poison length. But the difficulty penalties on Nightmare and Hell lower it, so to max it out on Hell you'd need 195. :p

As for the screenshots, are you manually pasting them in something like Paint, and then saving them? I recall this creating black screenshots for me as well.
If you use Print Screen, then there would be a .jpg created automatically in your install folder that should look normal.

Nope. :( This wasn't a thing until 1.10.

They stack up to 95, so having 4 items with 25 almost completely kills the poison length. But the difficulty penalties on Nightmare and Hell lower it, so to max it out on Hell you'd need 195. :p

As for the screenshots, are you manually pasting them in something like Paint, and then saving them? I recall this creating black screenshots for me as well.
If you use Print Screen, then there would be a .jpg created automatically in your install folder that should look normal.

I was just doing it how I always did it. Screenshotting it and uploading it to the site from my D2 folder and then pasting the link from the image hosting site.

I take that back. The screenshots are showing up all black in my Diablo 2 folder. It must have something to do with the computer I am using to play 1.07.

Last edited:
I got my ATMA going. I was surprised, me being an idiot and all. So I now have a stash for my level 18 glacial spike/ice blast/frost nova/static sorceress in 1.07! Now the only barrier I may have to worry about is swapping items over to my gomule 1.14 players on a different laptop down the road. If I can't figure that out, I know there are some intelligent people on here that might lend a helping hand :D.

1.07 is slow it seems. Or it could be I have been very busy lately and that is slowing me down. Either way, back to the grind. I don't have to decide what to hold and toss anymore with ATMA, Thank GOD.

I will be heading to Durial here in a minute. I am going to check out some Tombs to see how the experience is and then head to Durial. I will have max cold resist going in, as I have been collecting cold resist gear and half freeze duration gear along the way.

Wish me luck!

Last edited:
Now the only barrier I may have to worry about is swapping items over to my gomule 1.14 players on a different laptop down the road.

GoMule will be able to open your ATMA stashes, but you won't be able to transfer directly to a 1.14 character. Just create a mule character in 1.07, use ATMA to give him whatever items you want, then open that mule in a 1.14 game.

Now, the mule/items are 1.14 compatible, and you can do whatever you need to with GoMule.

@DiabloTwoinDC thank you for advice good sir.

So I did Durial. Was a piece of cake. He hit hard for around half my health with each hit, but I was easily able to run away and heal up while using static all over the place. I had him down to a sliver and he ran for my merc and I spammed glacial spikes at him and he died. He dropped 3 piles of xxx gold and a Greater Healing Potion.. woot. Took probably less than 30 seconds. Since my screenshots show up as black images, I guess I will type out my gear.

Weapon: Superior Axe w/ chipped sapphire, chipped topaz, chipped ruby
Shield: 22 Defense Bone Shield w/ increased chance of blocking (60%)
Secondary Weapon: Orb with +2 Frozen Armor
Secondary Shield: Bone Shield w/ Poison Length Reduced by 25% (leftover from Andy)
Armor: Studded Leather w/ 2x chipped diamond
Helm: Skull Cap w/ x2 chipped diamond
Gloves: Heavy Gloves of Fortune (22%MF)
Boots: Lapis Heavy Boots of Pacing (Fast Run Walk / 13% Cold Resist)
Amulet: 29 to Mana or a 6 to All Resistances
Ring: Replenish life *3/8 to maximum stamina
Ring: +1 Max Damage
Ring: Magic Damage Reduced by 1

Small Charm: 4% Cold Resist
Small Charm: 7% Gold Find / +1 Defense
Grand Charm: 14% Cold Resist
Grand Charm: 9 to Life

The armor and weapons were just to help beat things with my Axe in act 1 and 2. I am starting to use mostly spells with my bow merc support (she has 3os hunter bow with chipped ruby, chipped emerald, chipped topaz and a Berserker's Helm and a Rare Chain Mail with 96 Defense, Faster Hit Recover, 5% Cold Resist, 4 to Mana and +1 Dex) and my attack rating is reaching a point where I won't be able to hit anything very frequently. I will have to hopefully find me a nice sorc orb to use. I have a 3 socket Breast Plate I may socket up with Saphires or Skulls or both and then do the same with a Helmet. Not sure if I can find a 3 socket helm anytime soon or if I will have to settle with a 2 socket.

I am level 19 with 1 into all the Frozen Orb prerequisites, 1 to Frozen Armor, 7 to Static Field, 5 to Warmth and 1 to Teleport. I also have 1 unused skill point.

Strength: 32
Dex: 40
Vita: 40
Energy: 46

12 Unused Stat Points

On to act 3 now!

I am loving the advice and information from you guys. Keep em coming! ;)

I do have a couple questions actually. When should I start gambling and what should I gamble for? And should is the Act 3 merc any better than the Act 1 merc? My act 1 merc is killing things very well still and does more killing than me actually, but I was curious how A3 mercs are in 07.

Last edited:
Nobody knows anything about the act 2 normal mercenaries? I only wonder because I have a decent poleaxe and wouldn't mind having a tank instead of my rouge right now in act 3. I guess I could just test it myself and stop being annoying, but all I could find is that their auras change as you play them. The main reason I wanted to know first, is because I would have to get a much lower level act 2 merc than my rouge. Also I thought I may have buried the question in the edit and people missed it lol. Also wondering about gambling at level 20 in 1.07, but sometimes I miss the stuff in the guides. I always like to have live conversations.

Last edited:
Well, I just discovered that normal council members drop easy and didn't lay down a single hydra. They gave decent experience and a lot of drops comparative to the rest of the game. Looks like I will be running trav for a little bit. I am almost to level 23 and I will probably run them at least to level 24, so I can moat Mephisto.

I found an orb that gives +3 to fireball, so I have glacial spike and fireball on each clicker and they have been good for supporting my act2 combat merc. I gambled a really nice circlet for him that adds a lot of poison damage, minimum damage, lightning resist and damage reduced by.

I have a couple 3 socket shields and I am thinking about dropping Tir Runes in one of them if I can find 2 more Tir Runes. It really sucks that you can't transmute up runes in 1.07. I think +6 to mana after each kill could really come in handy, even if my Merc does most of the killing. The shield I currently use is a 60% Block Bone Shield with 12 to mana, but my block percentage is only 30% or so because it tanks really fast without adding dex.

I have been using my gold to gamble circlets and the occasional belt or merc polearm, but have only found the one rare circlet for my merc that is any good. Running normal Trav should provide me with tons of gold and hopefully some new gear.

I found Iratha's Amulet and Sigon's Gloves towards the end of act 3. I REALLY hope I can find some more of Iratha's because I know the set bonuses can be very good from using Iratha's when I used to play Classic D2.

I have found Milabrega's Shield and Crown and am using that. I have also found a Ral Rune. I was so excited to either make a Beauty Helm or a Bramble Armor, but then I remember reading that runewords can cause ATMA to crash the characters or items.

Is it smarter to just play the game without any runewords, or can I get around this issue easily?

@Jamie - ATMA will only give you trouble if you start moving RW around inside of the program. Bramble & Beauty are so cheap. Just make them and use them until you get something nicer. Then you can just ditch them in-game, and not have to worry about it anymore.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High