GoMule for D2 Resurrected

@everyone (including me):
Lets hold back on the feature requests until @silospen actually asks us if we have any.
Stability issues and bugs should be reported, but I don't want to make this thread into a free for all for new features.

Reactions: SevenArkZ and ffs
New version: https://sourceforge.net/projects/gomule/files/gomule/R0.44/GoMuleR4.4.5_Resurrected_1.0.zip/download

Thank you for all your continued bug reports, discussion, support and feature requests! I've been collaborating with Thrugg_aka_trogg aka PairOfDocs to get the shared stash format sorted and he managed to spot the pattern after a couple of days of us playing with it.

This means the shared stash is now open for business, you can transfer gold by clicking on the gold window, you can transfer items like normal and the pick all and drop all buttons on the right should work as expected.

Changelist:
10/01/21: Thrugg_aka_trogg nailed down the shared stash 'checksum', so shared stashes are now writable!
10/02/21: Prevent dropping quest items in shared stash
10/03/21: Add gold transfer to shared stash
10/03/21: Add lighter char backgrounds courtesy of m4ke
10/03/21: Add window organizing button
10/03/21: Make runes the same color as crafted items
10/03/21: Fix bug with equipped set items (Natalya's)
10/03/21: Add right click menu to shared stash
10/04/21: Filter weapons correctly in stash
10/04/21: Fix bug with some +skills items

@whipowill - welcome! I don't plan to move to GitHub at the moment (this project was made before GitHub existed which is why it's on SF, otherwise it'd be there already!). You can pull the git repo here https://sourceforge.net/p/gomule/git/ci/d2rSupport/tree/
I also don't plan to support PoD's stash files, but I'll look into seeing if he can host a converter of some kind.
@maxicek - thanks! Orange runes are in, shared stash is now editable.
@coju - thank you! I believe the essences should be fine, let me know if you see any problems.
@corale - that's how it goes, give it some time and one will bubble up more.
@Agnisai - thank you for the support!
@d2lover - thanks for the feedback! I'd love to hear more about the delete button - has it got in your way or have you accidentally clicked it or something? When you say rethought and unfriendly, do you have any ideas on what would make it more friendly or better? Thanks!
@Tatterson - me too, I'll look into this. A bunch of people have come forward with questions about colors etc, I'll see if I can get this to be more configurable.
@shachashrimp - thank you! This latest version has what you want
@NorthDakota - thank you for continuing to lend your time to help others out!
@jrt055 - thank you for the bug report, fixed!
@BullHorn - The 'drop all' button on the right hand side should work for you? Just click the stash then click drop all, let me know how it goes.

Thanks, great update.

I was able to pick up a rune from the shared stash, but couldn't put it back in the shared stash I had to place it on my character stash. Is this expected?

Thanks, great update.

I was able to pick up a rune from the shared stash, but couldn't put it back in the shared stash I had to place it on my character stash. Is this expected?
Works fine for me - what kind of rune are we talking here? Anything special about it? Is it a hardcore character and softcore stash or something like that? Feel free to mail the char + shared stash to [email protected] and I'll check it out.

Y-you cracked the shared stash issue? I am ecstatic! Downloading this immediately.

To reinforce Tatterson's request, a dark/night mode would be absolutely amazing and my eyeballs would be forever in your debt! PairOfDocs attempted this in his version but it was underwhelming in its execution. I appreciated his effort though!

Reactions: silospen
Works fine for me - what kind of rune are we talking here? Anything special about it? Is it a hardcore character and softcore stash or something like that? Feel free to mail the char + shared stash to [email protected] and I'll check it out.
Sent. Sometimes gmail sucks for sending files, if you don't get it, I can send it to you in base64.

How to view the shared stashes?

EDIT: Found out. I'm a n00b.

Reactions: silospen
Thanks for the bug report! Any chance you could mail a char with one on to [email protected] please? I've never heard of this item before :D
I sent you a character file with the item in her inventory. It's an item you get when you kill Uber Tristram bosses.

I can also confirm the character doesn't load with the item.

New version: https://sourceforge.net/projects/gomule/files/gomule/R0.44/GoMuleR4.4.7_Resurrected_1.0.zip/download

Thank you for your feedback on appearance, especially dark mode. Some new options have been added, LMK what you think @Dredd @Tatterson

darkMode.png

@Excalibur - thanks to @jrt055 for the example character, this is now fixed.

Changes:
10/04/21: Offer alternative appearances (Dark mode!) and various visual fixes due to black backgrounds
10/04/21: Fix bug with standard of heroes
10/04/21: Fix bug with some set items when dumping info

New version: https://sourceforge.net/projects/gomule/files/gomule/R0.44/GoMuleR4.4.7_Resurrected_1.0.zip/download

Thank you for your feedback on appearance, especially dark mode. Some new options have been added, LMK what you think @Dredd @Tatterson

View attachment 68210

@Excalibur - thanks to @jrt055 for the example character, this is now fixed.

Changes:
10/04/21: Offer alternative appearances (Dark mode!) and various visual fixes due to black backgrounds
10/04/21: Fix bug with standard of heroes
10/04/21: Fix bug with some set items when dumping info

Oh my god. This new dark mode is slicker than a greased up pig in a field of eels!

Also the shared stash feature you added looks amazing. You are crushing it my guy.

Edit: Noticed something that changed with the new appearances - when clicking "save all" it no longer shows a little outline around the save button after you've clicked it. In the classic appearance, this outline would disappear if you make any changes after saving until you've saved again. This is obviously quite a small thing however I often use that as reassurance that I've actually saved and am not about to goof something up by accident when jumping back into the game. If it is possible to add that, or something else that provides some quick visual indication that everything is indeed saved at a quick glance that would be nice. Otherwise I'm clicking that save button a lot out of anxiety.

Last edited:
damn on fire with the updates, nice dude!

Is updating as easy as just overwriting all the files? I assume so because Projects are saved in a separate folder but just want to make sure I don't lose items :)

damn on fire with the updates, nice dude!

Is updating as easy as just overwriting all the files? I assume so because Projects are saved in a separate folder but just want to make sure I don't lose items :)
Yep, that should be safe. If you're feeling paranoid you can unzip it to a new folder and then copy your project folder over instead.

Reactions: shachashrimp
Noticed something that changed with the new appearances - when clicking "save all" it no longer shows a little outline around the save button after you've clicked it. In the classic appearance, this outline would disappear if you make any changes after saving until you've saved again. This is obviously quite a small thing however I often use that as reassurance that I've actually saved and am not about to goof something up by accident when jumping back into the game. If it is possible to add that, or something else that provides some quick visual indication that everything is indeed saved at a quick glance that would be nice. Otherwise I'm clicking that save button a lot out of anxiety.
That's fascinating, I would never have seen that outline. I don't think I can get it back though, I don't have that level of control over the detail here.

The * character in the window titles is supposed to give the user that indication that the file is unsaved - is that sufficient for you or do you think it needs to be changed in some way? Open to any/all suggestions :)

@silospen I have read of one instance that someone deleted an item by mistake trying to view an item, so it's possible and shouldn't be (deleting single items when you can just drop them ingame seems superflouid)

I think a foolproof way would be borrowing the idea of a trashbin from operating systems.

One stash called trashbin or the likes, where there is a delete button, and on all other stashes it should be removed. And then before it deletes the question if you are sure, like it is already.

Or maybe the delete button of other stashes just moves those items in the bin.

That are just my thoughts on it, maybe someone else has a better idea?

I just want to say Gomule is really nice, makes life so much easier :)

Ooh. Dark mode. I have been wanting that for so long. Nice work!

Is this version at all compatible with us now timetravellers (1.14d folks)?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High