GoMule for D2 Resurrected

Hey @silospen , thanks for the release!

I'll begin using it right now, I had already created temporary mule chars while waiting for your comeback.
Unfortunately I have started fresh on d2r SP and did not import all my old stashes, but I'll let you know if something goes wrong.

New version: https://sourceforge.net/projects/gomule/files/gomule/R0.44/GoMuleR4.4.4_Resurrected_1.0.zip/download

Changelist:
10/01/21: 4.4.4 - Fix for anni/torch, read gold from shared stash, show hover text in shared stash, add warning if D2R is currently running

@Dudzy - Thanks! Yeah, this is what happens sometimes in open source software :)
@NorthDakota - Thanks for the report on how to move stuff over!
@EatSleepDiablo - That's very kind but I'm lucky enough to call GoMule a hobby rather than a side gig :)
@BullHorn - Great feature request, I had a look at whether there was something out of the box that supported this, but there isn't. I'll take a look at coding something up - back when we first released I guess monitors were a bit smaller haha!
@Rush - Thanks! And thanks for keeping the community going over here!
@Vemp - Thanks!

I registered just to write to this thread. Me and my buddies are D2 <not allowed mod> players who have been using PairOfDocs GoMule fork on D2R. I'm grateful to him for his work on this app and I don't know what you/he plan to do on development moving forward. For what it's worth, it would be great if A) your app was on Github (for easing git pulling updates), and B) if your app could accept stash files from PairOfDocs for those who migrate over. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Gilded Sun
Hi Silos,
I started having a play today, it is looking good.

Shared stash is view only at the moment, correct? Not really an issue as now we have GoMule I will just use that instead. Shared stash will be useful for quick transfer of stuff like Infinity between characters though as then we won’t need to leave the game.

Also any chance you can make runes orange as they are in game? Red on black is getting hard for me to see :D

Awesome work, many thanks for taking the time.

Reactions: Angsaar
Wow! Updates far and fast!! I’ll be honest I never knew who made GoMule in the past but I do now!! Thank you @silospen !! “I’m honored to be in your presence!”

The version of oldMule I have doesn’t like Essences. Does the newMuleR like them?

Thanks for the D2R version silospen, much appreciated, I've just converted all my stuff from pairofdocs' version. I think it's a problem that a fork is the first one showing up when searching for a D2R compatible GoMule, and I think the other author should abandon their version. Open source problems I guess :)

Thank you for coming out with this! Now I can retire all the mule chars that I made when I started playing!

I just transferred 1,192 items from my pairofdocs gomule to the silospen gomule :ROFLMAO:

It honestly doesn't take long to transfer items between the two versions if you have it set up right and you're careful. Took me about 10 minutes. Since you can't use a .d2x or .d2i stash to transfer between versions, you gotta use a character, but it's pretty easy. Basically all you gotta do is open both versions of gomule, use a character's stash to transfer items between the two versions alternating putting items from your old .d2i stash onto the character and saving, and loading the char in silo's, picking up from the char's stash and dumping to .d2x stash and saving. It's self explanatory when you're in there I'm sure yall don't need me goin on and on. They don't interfere with each other at all when saving/loading it works perfectly.

At any rate that's the end of that. Glad to be back in the not-shifty-ambiguous-uncomfortable zone.

Thanks again silo don't let me down :ROFLMAO: you're my hero man keep it real hope you have a beautiful day.
Does this involve laundering everything through D2R or can it be done from direct from old GoMule to new Silopsen GoMule?

Ok, so I can't get this to work. I think I'm doing something wrong. I have three GoMules - 0.42 (D2:LoD), 0.43 (pairofdocs), 0.44 (Silopsen).

The 0.42 one has all my old stashes (recently imported from ATMA).
0.43 knows about all the old stuff but I haven't actually done anything with it.
0.44 has only been used for D2R.

If I create a level 1 LoD character, 0.42 and 0.43 will load it but 0.44 will say 'disconnected' (and spew out a long Java error in 'messages').

If I create a level 1 D2R character, it's the opposite - 0.42 and 0.43 don't like it, but 0.44 is fine.

I have moved a bunch of old characters to D2R and the game itself likes them, but I'm not seeing the right combination of GoMules that let me handle the transfer without using D2R to handle the import. I'm clearly missing something though.

What's the secret?

Ok, so I can't get this to work. I think I'm doing something wrong. I have three GoMules - 0.42 (D2:LoD), 0.43 (pairofdocs), 0.44 (Silopsen).

The 0.42 one has all my old stashes (recently imported from ATMA).
0.43 knows about all the old stuff but I haven't actually done anything with it.
0.44 has only been used for D2R.

If I create a level 1 LoD character, 0.42 and 0.43 will load it but 0.44 will say 'disconnected' (and spew out a long Java error in 'messages').

If I create a level 1 D2R character, it's the opposite - 0.42 and 0.43 don't like it, but 0.44 is fine.

I have moved a bunch of old characters to D2R and the game itself likes them, but I'm not seeing the right combination of GoMules that let me handle the transfer without using D2R to handle the import. I'm clearly missing something though.

What's the secret?

D2L to D2R requires loading a D2L character with the items, then entering a D2R game with that character, then muling with the new gomule. Meaning it's going to take you absolutely ages.

D2R pairofdocs to D2R silospen can be done without loading into the game. This is the one that took me 10 minutes. I had already been muling D2R items that much before silo got his version out.

The confusion is that several of us had already been muling in D2R with pairofdocs D2R version and needed to swap to silospen's D2R version. Hopefully there will be a handy solution for transfering items from D2L, but there isn't one yet.

Last edited:
D2L to D2R requires loading a D2L character with the items, then entering a D2R game with that character, then muling with the new gomule. Meaning it's going to take you absolutely ages.

D2R pairofdocs to D2R silospen can be done without loading into the game. This is the one that took me 10 minutes. I had already been muling D2R items that much before silo got his version out.

The confusion is that several of us had already been muling in D2R with pairofdocs D2R version and needed to swap to silospen's D2R version. Hopefully there will be a handy solution for transfering items from D2L, but there isn't one yet.
Ah, OK, that makes sense. Thanks for letting me know.

@silospen is it possible to rethink the delete buttons?

if you want to view an item that is equipped on a char why has there to be a delete function?

Also there's no point in having it in the stash interface (imo!)

I think it should either be removed or rethought, the current is imo not friendly for collectors.

(talking about the gomule for d2c, don't know how you handled it in d2r)

So first time using GoMule. Thanks for this tool! Happy I don't have to have 20 mules for my Holy Grail!

How do I transfer from the shared stash tabs in D2R to the GoMule stash? I can transfer from char stash to GoMule stash, but I can't select items in the D2R shared stash tabs.

So first time using GoMule. Thanks for this tool! Happy I don't have to have 20 mules for my Holy Grail!

How do I transfer from the shared stash tabs in D2R to the GoMule stash? I can transfer from char stash to GoMule stash, but I can't select items in the D2R shared stash tabs.
There's no way currently, I believe silo is working on it. I use my personal stash as a holding place for muling off to gomule stashes, and I use my shared stashes for all my best items that I might use between characters or swap onto my merc, or things I'm actively working on (runewords and bases, mf set, damage set, etc, best charms, mf charm options for quick swapping with resist charms etc). Really loving the shared stashes so far just for having my best stuff and looking at it instead of them just being in a text stash somewhere. Neat!

There's no way currently, I believe silo is working on it. I use my personal stash as a holding place for muling off to gomule stashes, and I use my shared stashes for all my best items that I might use between characters or swap onto my merc, or things I'm actively working on (runewords and bases, mf set, damage set, etc, best charms, mf charm options for quick swapping with resist charms etc). Really loving the shared stashes so far just for having my best stuff and looking at it instead of them just being in a text stash somewhere. Neat!
Ok thanks.. I'll just move the items then

Filter options don't all fit on the screen. Any idea if this is a new issue? I don't remember this happening with goMule classic, however it has been about 10 years since I used it.

1633321463163.png

Reactions: Miron
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High