[Game Thread] HBO Rome Mafia Game

I'm leaning Gorny, but it is not certain.

Can you tell me a bit about your thoughts of the game so far @coju?
Sure, from what I can tell:
-there are 2 factions that no one has just went and said who they were.
-some have powers that can be used when “elected”
-we still love spam
-no one’s died
-I smell like a new car

I have family in and have been turning the office into a nursery. This is about as far as I’ve got (the quote)

I will ask, why haven’t we drew the line in the sand with who’s who?

I’m ok with a gorny nomination. It seems he will be on the right side of history.

I stand corrected. A couple of us are standing on either side of the sand.

Ok, first of all, let me make a public address. I'll take partial blame for the late posts as I was out running around and could only post EoD from my cell. That's why I didn't put up a countdown timer link. Still, it says right there "End of D2 .. no more posting". Please be a bit more careful. Also, there is no reason to be PMing each other "did you mean to post that in the game thread?" You can just PM the mod if you have any issues.

All this being said, I've kind of boxed myself into a corner. I've had to somewhat delicately balance this game, which means MKs would really throw things out of whack.. So, here is what I propose:

🏛️ First, a general amnesty. You all are not declared night posters, nor shall you be MK'd. We shall all keep our roles. It will be as if the above posts were struck by lightning.

Then, I shall serve out the rest of my term as Mod, and then retire quietly to the provinces where I will plough my fields and "plough" my slaves.

At the Julii villa:
Antony: The men are going mad from boredom. Today I had to cut the hands off a perfectly good legionary for murdering a civilian.

Then, I had to listen to a jumped-up freedman raving for hours about one of my centurions seducing his daughters.

Atia: It all sounds very tedious.

Antony: It's your uncle's fault. He should have taken the legions south after Pompey. The men know it and it makes them restless.

Of course.. he pretends it is a stratagem. But, every dog in camp knows that Servilia has unmanned him. He will not be parted from her.

Pompey moves south to Corfinium where he raises more recruits. Caesar remains in ROME.

<countdown till end of D3>

Everyone is free to post.

Edit: sorry for the delayed start of day. I got the post ready and then got distracted doing a puzzle with the kiddo. :p

Last edited:
In all truth I was told that I had no abilities after being elected. As a running joke with D2DC, I replied that I wanted to NK leo in revenge for her killing me off in revenge for previous canes.

I was away from home and on my mobile phone and did not realize that my mobile browser was viewing the game thread still.

What a clusterfuck.

Yes, apologies fellow forumites.

All hail Mod D2DC for his graciousness.

so, @Gorny , we elected you and you received no powers?

• Haha
Reactions: D2DC
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High