Friday the 13th strikes again - Item Find Thread - Mar 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roughly 500 runs with absolutely nothing.

and then

UbWwfGW.jpg

Just need 1.5 bers for Enigma! Still no Vex/Ohm/Lo to speak of.

@EatSleepDiablo for sure the 25mf ammy is the best choice of those imo, and just run two ist'd wizzys. I always end up going this route just for the much nice mana total, let alone the higher mf (at the cost of a FI % ofc). However, I'm not positive HLW isn't still better. Looking forward to seeing your zerker adventures! And sorry if it's a bit self-advertising but I also have to recommend that easyzerker (no weapon swap) build I was playing a while back. Definitely my favorite mf barb.

@EatSleepDiablo @Babyhell @PhineasB @Luhkoh

Just to really get in the theory crafting spirit, tele charges on Raven Scarab open up using Skulder's Ire (1.07 Skulder's even more so), which could increase mf% over 'Enigma' + Shadow Heart setup, while still providing a substantial boost to strength, so roughly balancing, correct? Unless map requires more than 25 teleports per run, I'm fairly sure Ort+chipped gem could reasonably be farmed during runs, making it essentially 'free' to re-charge at the time cost of, at a rough guess, 2s per run to grab the material and recharge at end/beginning of run?

Major upside obviously being the massive stylepoints involved with being the only PitZerker on the forum that doesn't wear 'Enigma', but the extra mf% certainly couldn't hurt.

Reactions: Babyhell
@EatSleepDiablo @Babyhell @PhineasB @Luhkoh

Just to really get in the theory crafting spirit, tele charges on Raven Scarab open up using Skulder's Ire (1.07 Skulder's even more so), which could increase mf% over 'Enigma' + Shadow Heart setup, while still providing a substantial boost to strength, so roughly balancing, correct? Unless map requires more than 25 teleports per run, I'm fairly sure Ort+chipped gem could reasonably be farmed during runs, making it essentially 'free' to re-charge at the time cost of, at a rough guess, 2s per run to grab the material and recharge at end/beginning of run?

Major upside obviously being the massive stylepoints involved with being the only PitZerker on the forum that doesn't wear 'Enigma', but the extra mf% certainly couldn't hurt.
If it is about stylepoints then... yes, I guess it's a kinda <nice> idea. However, on long term running, I don't think that's efficient, at least for the additional tasks added while trying to be focused on building routine, or even efficiency (if that's a goal so to speak).

Pretty 100% sure no one can get a guaranteed Ort + chipped per run or even per two pit runs, so I wouldn't count on it either. But anyway, if you don't put in use the Shadow Heart, you have a nice trading piece if you feel so!

Reactions: Swamigoon
Its ALWAYS about the stylepoints, imo... try to keep in mind that's my take and alot of my posts make far more sense ;)

In any event, I actually realized the Outer Cloister -> Pits leg of the run would really kill it for only using 25 teleports per run... I still maintain with the right Pits map, 25 or less teleports per run in Pits would be doable.

As for recharging materials, I swear I got a different result from runedrop buff than what others report. An average of 1 Ort per run (obviously not 1 per run, but 1 run with 4-5 is pretty common) isn't out of bounds of probability at all, in my experience (which is admittedly based on PNnecro and singer... zerkbarb just didn't do it for me...).

Reactions: PhineasB
@Babyhell , I don't understand. What is it that you got? All I see is a fully mapped lowest Flayer Dungeon level, and four piles of cash on the stone floor... What am I not noticing?

pzzLN2b.jpg

1 ber or 2 surs or 1 jah to go.

Then its pits until I have an acceptable base for enigma/infinity and then back to LK.

@d2lover Since this girl is untwinked I will be using a BP! I only need one socket quest for my helmet, one socket quest for merk helmet. This leaves the last socket q open for the BP! Which I actually already have now that I think about it. 15%ED because it hurts me physically to use a non-sup base on expensive runewords.

Last edited:
Reactions: d2lover
My 1.11b Hammerdin just turned clvl 97:

Screenshot142.jpg

And Baal decided to give him a nice gift:

Screenshot143.jpg

Tal Rasha's Guardianship
Lacquered Plate
Defense: 867
Durability: 40 of 55
Required Strength: 83
Required Level: 71
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x4b510bd0
+400 Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
Fire Resist +40%
Lightning Resist +40%
Cold Resist +40%
88% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Requirements -60%

***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
10% Faster Cast Rate
***Partial Set Item Bonuses***

Thanks Baal. Three piece Tal's (Armor, Amulet, Belt) was part of my default setup for my magic finding Sorceresses during my last SP outing. So, I'm sure this will be put to good use! I haven't come across Tal's Amulet, yet, but I'm sure I'll find one before too long ...

Here's a useful find from the Throne Room:

Guardian Angel
Templar Coat
Defense: 1231
Durability: 31 of 31
Required Strength: 108
Required Level: 45
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x1fb2cf6c
+199% Enhanced Defense
+20% Increased Chance of Blocking
+15 to Maximum All Resistances
+1 to Paladin Skill Levels
+4 to Light Radius
30% Faster Block Rate
2% Bonus to Attack Rating Against Demons (Based on Character Level)
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

This is one of those items that I always hope is eth ... and I picked it up and it was ... okay, fingers crossed for a good roll on the ED ... That'll do RNG. That'll do.

And speaking of merc armor:

Duress
Archon Plate
'ShaelUmThul'
Defense: 3146
Durability: 31 of 31
Required Strength: 93
Required Level: 63
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0x99630e6d
+185% Enhanced Defense
+16% Enhanced Damage
Fire Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +15%
Cold Resist +45%
Poison Resist +15%
Adds 37-133 cold damage over 2 seconds
40% Faster Hit Recovery
33% Chance of Open Wounds
15% Chance of Crushing Blow
-20% Slower Stamina Drain
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (3: 3 used)

This better than average eth Archon Plate dropped in the Throne Room and cubed to three sockets so I decided I'd try rolling a Duress in it hoping for a result of better than 3k defense. It's nice when things work out. So this is the armor that my Hammerdin's merc is now using instead of my 3375 defense eFortitude. The open wounds and crushing blow seems to make a difference against Baal and the better than 3k defense is good enough to keep even nasty unique/super unique monster spawns from stomping him.

Leveling through clvl 96 I also came across my second unsolicited 1.11b high rune (note: I'm using CRM, all runes set to orange).

Screenshot137.jpg

I don't have any immediate plans for the Vex. At +31 resist all my HoTO wouldn't be too hard to improve upon ... but even a good roll really wouldn't make much of a difference. Probably I'll save it for something more game changing ...

On my way from clvl 96-97 I also found a few TC87's:

Gargoyle's Bite
Winged Harpoon
Throw Damage: 48 to 349
One-Hand Damage: 121 to 158
Quantity: 80
Required Dexterity: 135
Required Strength: 66
Required Level: 70
Javelin Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0xac912e0f
+204% Enhanced Damage
+292 poison damage over 10 seconds
11% Life stolen per hit
Level 11 Plague Javelin (44/60 Charges)
Replenishes Quantity
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired) <--- Well that doesn't happen every day!

Steel Pillar
War Pike
Two-Hand Damage: 115 to 621
Required Dexterity: 106
Required Strength: 165
Required Level: 69
Spear Class - Normal Attack Speed
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0x391b6c4a
+64% Enhanced Defense
+249% Enhanced Damage
25% Increased Attack Speed
-20% Target Defense
25% Chance of Crushing Blow
Indestructible

Death Cleaver
Berserker Axe
One-Hand Damage: 89 to 264
Durability: 22 of 26
Required Dexterity: 59
Required Strength: 138
Required Level: 70
Axe Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x3170a4e1
+273% Enhanced Damage
+8 Life after each Kill
40% Increased Attack Speed
-33% Target Defense
66% Deadly Strike

I don't know that I'll ever use any of those ... but they were still fun to find :D .

Next up: More Baal runs! I've only had one other character reach clvl 97; a 1.13 Hammerdin that ran Chaos Sanctuary. As I recall, xp progress pretty much stopped dead in it's tracks for him ... (or maybe I just got bored and moved onto other projects ... I can't quite recall ... ) Anyhow, I am heartened that I was able to get some white on the xp bar after only the handful of P8 Baal runs it took to get my merc to catch up to level 97 ... Perhaps clvl 98 is in my future ...

@Babyhell , I don't understand. What is it that you got? All I see is a fully mapped lowest Flayer Dungeon level, and four piles of cash on the stone floor... What am I not noticing?
The map by itself is a Swastika, which is somehow special when you are European at least (even if the problematic one is turning the other way)

For the story, I found the chest in the second branch, but when I saw the pattern, I had to make a full disclosure and take the pic.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: d2lover
Found an interesting map. A Shako rack in LK followed by Bonesaw right next to Glacial WP. Some good items have already turned up:

Harlequin Crest
Shako
Defense: 284
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 62
Indestructible
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x6c892b55
+100% Enhanced Defense
Increase Maximum Life 40%
50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+2 to All Skill Levels

Prefix 1039 Large Charm of Maiming
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 40
Item Level: 95
Fingerprint: 0x51413686
+11 to Maximum Damage
Fire Resist +19%

Prefix 997 Small Charm of Maiming
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 43
Item Level: 95
Fingerprint: 0x3349f44b
+6 to Maximum Damage
All Resistances +3

reached now level 95 in AT-runs :) (no other HR vex+ after the Sur tho)

Attachments

• Screenshot108.jpg
    Screenshot108.jpg
    450.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot109.jpg
    Screenshot109.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot110.jpg
    Screenshot110.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot111.jpg
    Screenshot111.jpg