Awww...I missed you too, D2 - Item Find Thread April 2019

@Phevo this is the second Ber I have found from LK in the past maybe 5 or 6 months. The only 2 Ber I have ever found were from LK. Both times in early morning before I left the house and both times in a very small amount of runs. The first one was like my 3rd run after waking up.

I have been on a roll the last few weeks, finding a Pul, Um, Vex, Sur, Ber and Jah in like 2 or 3 weeks lol. Of course I didn't join the RFL because I assume I can't compete because I play at a slower pace than most. But I guess you can't practice luck lol.

No matter how many times I see a rune Ohm or higher drop, I still gasp out loud and get all adrenalined up lol.

This one was really appreciated, as Infinity is my next project and now I have 1 Ber and 1 Sur. So LK will be getting a lot of attention from me for the foreseeable future.

I wish I wouldn't have cubed all my Sur Runes to make an Enigma, as a Jah dropped for me just days later. If I would have waited a couple days I would have both right now hahaha. Now I have a Jah that will probably burn a hole for a minute.

It's getting ridiculous at this point. This is my THIRD very high roll eth Reapers. One of which perfect.

Code:
 The Reaper's Toll
Thresher
Two Hand Damage: 61 - 715
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Level: 75
Required Strength: 107
Required Dexterity: 81
Fingerprint: 0x2d826c67
Item Level: 99
Version: Expansion 1.10+
33% Chance to cast level 1 Decrepify on striking
239% Enhanced Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
Adds 4 - 44 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (15 Frames)
13% Life stolen per hit
33% Deadly Strike
Requirements -25%
Ethereal

@NorthDakota hey now lol. With the events I've had to endure in the real world lately, I feel I have earned these. A high rune for each person I've lost IRL, sadly. Although I'm not trying to make you feel bad or trying to compare the Diablo World with the Real World. Between you guys on here and the D2 World, it is a helpful place to escape things.

I know your pain of watching everyone else get high runes, while spending weeks hoping even an Um would fall lol.

Last edited:
@srrw @art_vandelay

I've always thought the cold duration more important than the +%ED on an eth Reaper's, so that one is especially nice, I think.
Barbs are a mythical creature I've never got past level 27, couldn't care less about the cold duration :rolleyes:

I'd like to request a "dislike" button for these folks finding multiple high runes

I've been playing way too much the last few days so there's that :p

All this bellyaching has reminded me that my luck continued last night as Infector delivered a Gul rune to my growing stash, which I’ll soon be swimming in like Scrooge McDuck. Ever one to look a gift rune in the mouth, I immediately cursed him for not delivering the Ist needed to finish my CtA.

What is up with the value of a certain cold duration on Eth Reaper's Toll? Mine says 4-44 cold damage over 1 second (33 frames). So the listed time in game is the same as @srrw , but the frames is over double. The only thing I can think of is for Barbarians that want to pop corpses or faster delivery of cold damage, but with such a tiny amount of damage, the cold damage speed for faster killing doesn't seem right. Mine is currently on a Paladin, so no popping. My Barbarian took a backseat to my zealdin as my tricked out hand-to-hand melee char. Liked Zealer better.

@srrw my first Reaper's Toll was also ethereal and found very early into this SP restart. I found it before many more common items, but haven't found an eth or regular one since. The ED is only 204%, but the LL is 14%

Why does both of ours show 1 second duration, but one 15 frames and the other 33 frames? Does it actually vary even more on the speed, even when it is in the 0, 1 or 2 second range?

Prefix 849 Grand Charm of Greed
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 5
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 93
Fingerprint: 0x3e18c219
+20 to Maximum Damage
11% Extra Gold from Monsters

@srrw my first Reaper's Toll was also ethereal and found very early into this SP restart. I found it before many more common items, but haven't found an eth or regular one since. The ED is only 204%, but the LL is 14%

Why does both of ours show 1 second duration, but one 15 frames and the other 33 frames? Does it actually vary even more on the speed, even when it is in the 0, 1 or 2 second range?

1 second in-game = 25 frames. With Hell chill effectiveness being 1/4 of Normal IIRC 33/4 rounded down means 8 frames of cold duration.

And yes, the only reason small cold duration is considered better is because of the smaller chance to shatter a corpse which a Barbarian will want to hork. Or a Necromancer to CE, but no sane Necro would use Reaper's on his merc :p

I have 11 Reapers' total and the highest duration I have is 40 frames, not sure whats the absolute maximum since it's listed as seconds in the Arreat Summit. Could go up to 50 frames I suppose.

After restarting at the beginning of this year, I did RFL round 1 with a budget blizzard sorc and RFL round 2 with a budget ww barb. After that, I decided to grind some LK with my ut99er (results of that are here). So yesterday I finally made some serious runewords. Feel like I've finally arrived :p

On ut99er sorc (not to be shared):
bYxSWl7.jpg

alFvlBU.jpg

On my other characters:
qMUM1c3.jpg

o8PnItf.jpg

Let's go! My first ever oskill teleport was so gratifying. My barb is now wearing it, doing some countess runs for mal, which is all I'm missing for first ever grief!

@Luhkoh welcome to arriving buddy! CONGRATULATIONS! I know how good it feels. I also just arrived pretty recently, having a Mage Plate Enimga, CtA Flail, CtA Crystal Sword, Flail HotO, Grief, Fortitude Sup. Wyrmhide(1479 def). As my main high level runewords.

You made it a lot faster than me, but I am a slow, take your time, kill monsters, enjoy the pace and have an OCD problem where I can't leave a chest or monster behind because it may have something good, even though common sense and efficiency means I should play a different style. But it's all about enjoy yourself, right!? And I do and I have been lucky recently :). Although early on and even recently, my luck and coming to has been from non runes! Deaths Fathom while my first char(blitzer always to start) was still using a Peasant Crown haha. Eth Reaper Toll, Griffons, 50% War Travs, several BK rings, some nice rare amulets and rings and jewels.

I have several Treachery Armors for mercs, 35% Spirit Monarch and a bunch of other ones that aren't 35%(only the sorc really needed exactly 35% to hit the standard 3 set Tal, 1x Ring, Death's Fathom, Trang's Glove setup for 105% FCR, although right now I have her doing LK with 200%FCR(haven't found Arachnid's yet GRRRR so using a 10% FCR Craft belt))

I have a Lawbringer, a Spirit Kurast with +80% Resist/45% Fire, a Sanctuary Protector Shield with 57%Enhanced Damage, 111 attack rating and +62 all resist(may remake later). And then Insight in an eth Thresher and eth GPA, one for trapsin and one for javazon (until I make Infinity, currently 1 Ber and 1 Sur, so 1 Sur away, unless I traded my Jah for change, may make Faith with it though).

Once I get Infinity for my new favorite caster char(trapsin) and a Faith or WF for my beloved bowzon class, I will really be happy.

Sorry to hijack your glory! But we are in similar positions now and I know how exciting it is! :D

A little haul pic leveling my Necro from 83 to 93 in the Pits
0CzImrk.jpg

Some things are missing from the screenshot - 2 More Fungal Skillers + 2nd Tal's Ammy and Guardianship

/players 7
MF 250-270%
2 Fallen Camps almost always cleared
Decent-ish density quite small, linear map. Counting bosses and time is not really my thing.

Interesting thing was:
Almost all of the high-end stuff dropped from regular monsters
zKb3tnU.jpg

LzFSSbF.jpg

evoetMq.jpg

@Jamie not hijacking at all! Congrats to you too! It's so satisfying getting the good gear in general, and especially so when it feels like all the hard work is paying off at the same time. And for sure fun > efficiency. I originally planned on the search for cta and enigma taking longer tbh and was planning not sharing any of the LK finds with my non ut99er, and doing a less efficient build for my 99er. As I kept making progress though, i started enjoying the efficiency improvements more and more, so we'll see how it continues to go (still very far from any claim to efficiency).

@srrw very impressive! Has me hopeful as I plan to level up my poison necro to 93ish during rfl round 3. Congrats!!

@srrw how did your giant skull, girffon's and Nightwing's turn out?

Could be better:
Code:
Griffon's Eye
Diadem
Defense: 172
Durability: 19 of 20
Required Level: 76
Fingerprint: 0x9e1a39ad
Item Level: 85
Unidentified
+1 to All Skills
+25% Faster Cast Rate
-18% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+11% to Lightning Skill Damage
+112 Defense

Nightwing's Veil
Spired Helm
Defense: 482
Durability: 21 of 21
Required Level: 67
Required Strength: 91
Fingerprint: 0x1d6d011f
+2 to All Skills
+15% to Cold Skill Damage
+101% Enhanced Defense
+15 to Dexterity
+6 Cold Absorb
Half Freeze Duration
Requirements -50%
Ethereal

Giant Skull
Bone Visage
Defense: 401
Durability: 29 of 40
Required Level: 65
Required Strength: 106
Fingerprint: 0x6475030f
Unidentified
10% Chance of Crushing Blow
Knockback
+265 Defense
+31 to Strength
1 Sockets (0 used)

@srrw Wow that's a legit set of drops. You gotta be way above the expected runes and griffons + nws? Good stuff.
I think runes are slightly above average while drops have been quite lucky as far as quality but quantity was poor. Nothing else useful. Except a 49% MF War Travellers.
@srrw very impressive! Has me hopeful as I plan to level up my poison necro to 93ish during rfl round 3. Congrats!!
2 Jahs won't get you far in the RFL :p

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High