Awww...I missed you too, D2 - Item Find Thread April 2019

Well Travincal is not as rewardful with sorc than with barb... skillers are of low/no use, Barb weap is average, and SC is...well, can be used, but not much. And dying on mana burn more than i would allow, still grinding 90 to 91 after more than two hours now -_-
Fw6YPZAl.jpg

ICG8hxll.jpg

Q51rqV9l.jpg

Well luck will come back later for her !

Finally a nice find: 5 max dmg/20 life SC

Also my 1.07 bone spirit necro is now lvl 89

council. It's kinda slow but I play it safe in HC. I use almost all my rejuvs just to replenish mana lol

I've been just itching to make myself a new infinity. I've been taunted whenever I fire up my hopefully-99-one-day lightning sorceress by this horrible monstrosity -

View attachment 13413

Colossus Voulge. Yuck. What was I thinking. I was young back then. Anyways, I made a post about being careful and taking your time with making runewords with high runes, and it got me stewing about this thing. This stupid thing keeps me from playing my character. It is Fine. I know it'll do, but it's so slow that my merc never leaches and he suffers for it, and the fact that it's there just being ugly irks me each time I boot up this character.

So anyways, this stupid thing bugged me so much that I decided I needed to go all out for a base that would make me proud. I decided that I wanted a thresher due to the high speed and low stat requirements while having comparable damage. Someone (Either @helvete or @pharphis or both) encouraged me to hit up patch 1.07 to rack an eth thresher and forward it for the mythical 1.07 "Enhanced Maximum Damage" mod. Took me a while, of course - but here is the result after forwarding it to present era -

View attachment 13414

Hot. Here's the readout, to show that fancy mod:

Code:
Superior Thresher
Two Hand Damage: 29 - 348
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Level: 53
Required Strength: 142
Required Dexterity: 108
Fingerprint: 0x38b21d5
Item Level: 87
Version: Expansion
65% Enhanced Damage <<<<<<<< !
+1 to Attack Rating Ethereal
4 Sockets (0 used)

Long story short, I got a ber burning a hole in my stash for over a year, a sur rune dropped in pits for me the other day, and I have like 7 ohms and a Lo in my stash as well, why not just cube the second ber and be done with it instead of waiting another year of sporadic playing.

Drumroll please -

View attachment 13416

And the readout

Code:
Infinity
Superior Thresher
BerMalBerIst
Two Hand Damage: 86 - 1010
Required Level: 63
Required Strength: 142
Required Dexterity: 108
Fingerprint: 0x38b21d5
Item Level: 87
Version: Expansion
50% Chance to cast level 20 Chain Lightning when you Kill an Enemy
Level 12 Conviction Aura When Equipped
+35% Faster Run/Walk
379% Enhanced Damage
+1 to Attack Rating
-54% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
Prevent Monster Heal
+48 to Vitality (Based on Character Level)
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Level 21 Cyclone Armor (30/30 Charges) Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Ber Rune
Socketed: Mal Rune
Socketed: Ber Rune
Socketed: Ist Rune

Yikes 379% ED on that. Infinity of course rolls from 255-325 ED and so with my 65 ED thresher, I rolled a 314. Not too bad!

Last edited:
I haven't been present in the other 1.07 thread, but I was doing a bit of reading on the patch and came across this interesting quote:

Q: Can one really imbue crafted items?

Yes, no matter how impossible it sounds. You can imbue crafted rings, ammys or even sorceress orbs. You *might* have some small[i/] chance of imbuing a +4 skill orb or ammy this way, but doing so would require some insane luck.
http://www.angelfire.com/games5/orderoftheworldstone/107-2.html

Does this mean the imbued item retains its crafted affixes? Could Rune Grinders ED% climb even higher? o_O
Could one imbue that crafted SoJ?

Last edited:
Jackpot amulets coming through:

Code:
Blood Collar
Amulet
Required Level: 89
Fingerprint: 0xc123568a
Item Level: 96
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+2 to Amazon Skill Levels
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+9 to Minimum Damage
+20 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 5%
Fire Resist +31%
Magic Damage Reduced by 1

Dread Emblem
Amulet
Required Level: 95
Fingerprint: 0x93b3ca0a
Item Level: 94
+2 to Amazon Skill Levels
+10% Faster Cast Rate
6% Life stolen per hit
+24 to Strength
+12 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 8%
Poison Resist +10%

:)

Lightning doesn't strike twice, eh?

I already have a Perfect Ethereal TRT, but I won't mind this one as well hehe :p

Code:
The Reaper's Toll
Thresher
Two Hand Damage: 59 - 700
Required Level: 75
Required Strength: 107
Required Dexterity: 81
Fingerprint: 0xf7605632
Item Level: 88
33% Chance to cast level 1 Decrepify on striking
232% Enhanced Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
Adds 4 - 44 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (38 Frames)
12% Life stolen per hit
33% Deadly Strike
Requirements -25%
Ethereal

I had gotten a trapsin to Hell Act 1 and into the lower 70s. I started to focus on my other characters and ended up stripping her badly. Like to the point where she had Twitchthrow on, empty slots, a couple charms and random rares that weren't even worthy of keeping. I went back to her because I had the urge to play a trapper and figured with all of the items I have accumulated, I could gear her up decent enough to play.

It turned out I actually had enough sitting in stashes and with a couple maneuvers through my other characters last night and today, I was able to gear her up to be really good and I am working on beating Hell and she is the only one I am playing now. I kept my Griffon's on my Amazon, but I may end up moving that over and putting Shako or a rare circlet on my Zon. The big switch I made was moving my Enigma from my Frenzy Barbarian to my Trapsin and putting a Tal's Armor on him for the time being.. thought about the Leviathan I just found the other day, but he needed resists and the MF is cool. My Zealdin (Fortitude on him) is the melee char I really pimped out and enjoy using the most, so I figured I might as well move the Enigma off him for now.

My next runeword goal has been Infinity since I made an Enigma, HotO and CtA, but I realized that having a Jah/Sur and then a gap down to 2x Vex and then a bunch of Mal/Um/Pul/etc, allowed me to make another CtA without sacrificing what I need to make an Infinity. I didn't want to take the CtA from my Zealer, but I wanted one on my Trapper badly so this worked out nice. I also wanted one in in a Flail because the Crystal Sword one I made looked identical to my Zealer's Grief and caused confusion on occasions. I wasn't thinking when I made it and really didn't plan for it to stay on my Zealer as permanent as it did. So I swapped the flail over to my Din and moved the CS over to my Trapper.

Here is what I made and a few of the items that I have put on my trapper to make her a beast now. She is level 78, only hits the 48%FCR BP thogh.. hits the 84% FHR BP.. maxed out resists with Fade on.. has 2400 life with CtA and 20 stats still sitting at the moment, I just respec'd her. My Merc needs work (Eth Insight Thresher/8LL, 18%DR Vamp Gaze/Durial's Shell)… some pics:

I cubed 2x Vex for an Ohm and 2x Mal for an Ist.. Rolled +3 BO just like my other one. The other one had +6 Battle Command though.
6YC0HPf.jpg

A belt that I had posted a long time back. I up'd it to Mesh Belt and finally found a steady spot for it, for now. I have 0 Arachnid's so far, which has been pretty annoying. But this belt is one of my favorite finds this SP run. Opted to keep at Mesh for the 4 slots and to not take the STR up to 102(I think for Mithril Coil?), even though she has the STR. The slight defense upgrade is really not worth it in my eyes.
8EV8ETX.jpg

This ring I have used many times on a few different characters, mainly my Blizzer Sorc. It happened to be unused at the time being, which I was happy to discover! Usually a ring like this is busy.
wzc2NlE.jpg

Not a bad Amulet. I really forgot that I had this. It's not particularly crazy, but the resists are nice and the FCR was just enough for me to get to where I was headed.
ERszAf3.jpg

I don't know how good/valuable these are considered to be. It worked great for what I needed here. Only thing it's really missing for this character is dex or strength.
WagfM8n.jpg

This came with 2 sockets. I realize how crappy it is. I like that I get a free Shadow Warrior and the +3 LS makes my main trap stronger than a Spirit would make it, plus it allowed me to ramp up IAS. Honestly a Spirit or HotO is obviously better... I have a +2 sin/40ias claw.. just haven't found a great claw yet and I like the look of using a claw... so I am using this. I'm not sure when I will pull this, probably soon lol. Was just something fun and I had a zillion shaels.
Gh2cw04.jpg

BK Ring, Aldur's Boots, PTopaz'd Shako and Enigma Mage Plate are the items not pictured. Have only found 2x Trap Skillers up to this point, unfortunately. The charms are several 7MFSC's, several Poison Resist SC's with random second mods, Fire Resist SC with FHR and one with FRW and then some Life/Mana SC's the best a 17/14 and 14/10.. that covers it basically.

I have a feeling she is going to quickly become my favorite non-melee character, when I the 2x Ber Runes to change my Insight to an Infinity and possibly move my Griffon's over to her.

I've got a 2/20/2socket assassin circlet that I'll never use (I find trapsins boring) if you want, @Jamie. No other interesting mods if I'm remembering correctly.

I understand if you want to stay self-found, of course!

@art_vandelay Thank you for the reminder on that. Now I remember why when I found it I instantly respec'd my mediocre bowzon to a javazon, instead of using the trapper I already had to build around it lol. This is probably my first trapper since synergies were introduced, so there is a lot for me to learn and memorize.

@Jocular Very kind of you. Does that mean a magical Sin Circlet with +2 Sin Skills, 20 FCR and 2os? I have plain +3 magical Trap Circlets and Shakos, but have yet to find a good circlet for a Trapper. That would allow me to hit the next FCR BP if I wanted.

I would probably be interested in trading for something like that. I went with the Shako for the MF, as I don't have much elsewhere and haven't put a Gheed's on her yet, although the +2/life/mana/dr doesn't hurt either.

I'm not sure if I could get more value with the 2 socket slots on that or if the Shako wins that battle. I guess it all depends on how much value is placed on the FCR.

Last edited:
@Jamie It's a rare, but yes, it's +2sin/20%fcr/2sockets. However, it doesn't have any other good mods if I can remember. Possibly some low poison resistance? And yeah, it's hard to say if you're better off with the shako since the circlet is so plain.

Just lmk if you become interested, it ain't going anywhere.

Why can't it be 5 weeks ago?

View attachment 13449

In other news the Zod God is mad at me:

Code:
Bonehew
Ogre Axe
Two Hand Damage: 175 - 909
Durability: 26 of 26
Required Level: 64
Required Strength: 185
Required Dexterity: 65
Fingerprint: 0x8a78cb0b
Item Level: 81
50% Chance to cast level 16 Bone Spear on striking
+30% Increased Attack Speed
319% Enhanced Damage
Prevent Monster Heal
Level 14 Corpse Explosion (17/30 Charges) Ethereal
2 Sockets (0 used)

My untwinked hammerdin's outrageous luck continues....

58727320_391418924779093_3239898456499683328_n.png

This brings my rune haul at level 86 to:

Cham, Lo, Ohm, Mal, Um

I've done a couple dozen LK runs here and there as I've got a decent 5-hut map, but these all came from monsters. Ohm was from a countess minion, Lo was from maggot queen.

This character also got lucky with a great Durance 2 map and WP right next to Thresh Socket, so I do Meph>Thresh>Eldritch>CS or Pindle

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High