Arrested Development Mafia Game Thread

the new forums make it harder. I used to search for all posts from a given person I can't work out how to do that anymore.

the other hard thing from my point of view is the tendency for all the votes to happen in the last 3 hours of the game (while I am asleep). I did get up at 6 am the day of the gory train, saw he was locked and went back to sleep without posting.

the godfather gambit was bad play IMO. laarz was not in the radar and I probably would have voted pyro over pharphis / laarz. zokar living so long indirectly made me suspect pharphis due to his love of gambits.

I actually found rereading the whole thread to be pretty helpful, I saw all the interactions instead of just the quotes the person I was looking into made.

Things I really liked:

The vanilla-ish of the game. I like having less power-role heavy games from time to time to help keep things in perspective. Power roles are indeed fun to play, but if they become the norm then the fun wears off.

Jailer instead of doc. This should be a common thing.

Flavour for flavour-sake only.

Open flips. In a game like this, vanilla heavy with only a sparse few power roles, I think open flips is ideal. In a game with more power roles, I prefer the closed flips. Reason being - if mafia get a lucky hit on the cop N1, then they're free to fake claim and will likely make it to LYLO or the win before anyone figures it out. In a power role heavy game, this becomes riskier.

Things I disliked:

The vote rules. I do not think they were working as intended.

Laarz wasn't really under the radar, but I agree the cop swung the game.

Thanks for hosting!

Thanks to Noodle and BipolarChemist for hosting.

Grats to town.

I cannot believe Pyro was town. He was working his scum play perfectly. Give your opinion only after town has made the decision and it's too late to back out. And I cannot believe no one didn't put suspicion on Pyro because I was floating softballs "token scumhunting with no serious threat" at Pyro. I wonder how much of this was due to Pyro being my QT partner and townies just assumed he was town because of it.

If I only used my scum game when I was scum that would be too easy now wouldnt' it?

Besides, like I said in our little tabale chat, my posting style isn't because I'm scum or town, its because its the easiest way for me to keep up with the game thread, so whether or not I'm town or scum, thats probably how I'm going to post.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High