Arrested Development Mafia Game Thread

Noodle

Jul 18, 2003
Arrested Development Mafia Game

Narrator (voice of Ron Howard): "Now the story of a wealthy family who lost
everything, and the one son who had no choice but to keep them all together. It's
Arrested Development."

A white and blue staircar pulls up to a hotel's front entrance. The stairs are heavily
populated, mostly with members of the notorious Bluth family, but with a few hop-ons
as well. (You're going to get hop-ons.)

Lucille Bluth: "If anyone needs me, I'l be in the bar." <staggers off>

Tobias Funke: "I may head there as well, see if any gentlemen need their stools pushed
in."

Michael: "Tobias, you really need to think about your phrasing."

Narrator: "The Bluth family, trying to present a public impression of a close and
loving family, have embarked on a family vacation. Forced into spending time in close
proximity to each other, tensions are running high."

George Michael: "Um, Dad? There's a body . . ."

Michael: <Looking at pool area> "Yes, yes, there is, but it's what's on the inside
that counts. That you only consider her body tells me you're not ready for sex."

George Michael: "No, I mean on the staircar."

The body of a middle aged lady of Hispanic descent lies crumpled on the stairs.

Buster: "Lupe! Now who will help me work on my prosthetic hand?!"

Tobais: "I shall be happy to help with your hand job!"

Michael: "Phrasing!"

The family stood around, casting suspicious glares at each other before edging away
cautiously.

Mostly Blatantly Stolen Rules
1. Talk about your role and this game is strictly prohibited outside of the game

thread until it is over (with the exception of designated QT pages).

2. Do not post during the night phase. Any post within a few minutes after the end of

the day will be ignored. Any post made after that, will result in a mod kill of the

poster. Repeated posts during the night phase will also result in a mod kill.

3. Editing, for any sorts of reason will result in a mod kill.

New! ->4. You are allowed to communicate at any time in designated QT pages with
designated partners only! Mafia members cannot chat in their QT during the day. Each player must post a fruit of some sort in their QT thread to show they have read the rules.

5. Once you're dead, stay that way. Dead people tell no tales, or in this case, dead

people make no posts.

6. Every player gets one lynch vote during the day unless told otherwise in their role

PM. Votes and unvotes need to be bolded . If your unvote isn't bold, it doesn't count

and please try to put it at the bottom of your post (I'm not very observant.).

Capitalization or proper spelling of one's name is NOT REQUIRED, however, it must be

clear who you are voting for; please try to avoid nicknames.

Example:
Vote: Caluin Graye
Unvote: CG

8. If you have any issues with your role, or any other player, please PM BPC and/or me

in order to find a resolution. Please don’t suicide or do anything rash before

contacting us. Please wait for a response; it might take me a few hours but I will

respond.

9. Any player may claim any role. I.E. Any player may claim to be something that they

are not. For example, I claim to be innocent of (almost) all charges.

10. Do not post any information sent to you in a pm by the host. This includes, but is

not limited to, numbers of words/letters/punctuation marks. If you want to claim a

role, don't copy paste the PM I sent you.

11. Day lasts 48 hours and night lasts 24 hours. The game starts with a 48 hour day

phase.

12. You will get mod killed if you are inactive (at least 2 contributive post per day

phase).

13. If you are (temp) banned, you will also be mod killed.

14. If you cannot continue playing the game for any reason, PM BPC and/or I beforehand

to find a solution.

15. Read the rules and your role PM once more. Have Fun! Good luck! May the best team

win.

16. There's always money in the banana stand.

17. Please do not 'Like' posts in the game thread!

Days will start and end at 5:00 Eastern time.
List of Players
Zokar
Pharphis
thefranklin
Pyro
Caluin Graye
Goryani
Bad Ash
Drixx
Numbers
Sathoris
Jcakes
Laarz
Thyiad
FredofEric

It is now daytime.

Disclaimer: Character names are for pure flavour only and have no bearing on any power or alignment they may haven.

QT Partners are completely random, there was no purposeful pairings of any kind.

Players Alive:
Zokar
Pharphis
Pyro
Caluin Graye
Jcakes
Laarz

Players Dead:

thefranklin (Killed Night 1) ~ Town
Numbers (Lynched Day 2) ~ Town Jailkeeper
Sathoris (Killed Night 2) ~ Town
FredofErik (Killed Night 3) ~ Town
Goryani (Lynched Day 4) ~ Mafia
Drixx (Killed Night 4) ~ Town
Thyiad (Lynched Day 5) ~ Town
Bad Ash (Killed Night 5) ~ Town

Day Start/End Links:

Day 1 Start (Just scroll up one post)
Day 1 End
Day 2 Start
Day 3 Start
Day 4 Start
Day 5 Start
Day 6 Start

Any Important Information:

Nothing for now!

Last edited:
This Day will end at 5:00PM EDT on Tuesday June the 10th! Good luck!

BPC said:
Why even look here? There's obviously no one dead yet.

Well, to be fair I did kind of expect pharphis to appear in there.

I don't see a rule concerning the number of votes to lynch someone.

Voting rules are going to be half rounded up plus 1 for a locked lynch.

Partnered QTs can be used at any time. Rules will be updated to reflect this.

I will emphasize this once and only once! There are NO hidden mechanics at play. Anything that is Arrested Development in theme is purely flavour.

It's more for outside people and dead players that we don't want liking things. Much simpler to just not allow it at all!

I have decided to give this partner QT a proper chance, instead of dismissing it so readily. As such, I have asked my partner if s/he is scum. S/he has yet to respond, but I am hopeful.

I will report back once I have an answer.

I have decided to give this partner QT a proper chance, instead of dismissing it so readily. As such, I have asked my partner if s/he is scum. S/he has yet to respond, but I am hopeful.

I will report back once I have an answer.

Instead of just asking, I have subtly hinted that I think my QT partner is scum despite them not yet posting anywhere in the game. Although the hunch may have just been gas according to the higher powers that be.

Hi everyone. Thoughts on sharing qt partners? I dont think its a good idea, but im open for discussion on the topic.

My partner told me that s/he.is town. Therefore, I can only surmise that you want the name of a confirmed townie so that you can perform nefarious deeds upon them.

Absolutely. I would certainly approach that goal by first stating that I am not in favor of sharing partner names.

My partner asked me how we should treat the qts, and I told them that I would be as honest and forthcoming in the qt as in the main thread, and that becauss of that, until one or both of us are confirmed as town, the qt is essentialy isuperfluous. I also told them i would be paraphrasing everything said in the thread so as to ensure town has all pertinent information.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High