Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Everyone knows that. I wasn't addressing just the last post, but the whole conversation, specially the part about movement patterns influencing rune drops, though ;).

Last edited:
I wouldn't get too obsessed about movement patterns because of the Mal drop from the MrLLamaSC example. Using a seed via command line, like the one he use as an example, change a lot how a map generate the treasure for what I have read. Because he used a seed, right?
He did use a seed. It does lead me to wonder if seeds are more than just the map, but the actual seed of drops.

All in all it doesn’t matter to us, as using seeds is against FAM/rules, but it does make me wonder.

But back to the movement-> monsters racks: what all is it expected to effect?

I got curious about about @Arparrabiosa question about monsters spawning inside the huts being path dependent. my current map can be run in either direction so I decided to try it each way and see if there were any differences.
First the monsters spawning inside a hut didn't seem that dependant of path. However, the percentage of times monster were present does seem to be dependant on the game. If I've had a number of runs where they are more prevelant and then I totally quit the game and restart the frequency is completely different.

I'd also be interested in hearing what other folks have to say about this. In my experience it's not about path but instead it's about your map seed overall - but that might be because a good LK layout has huts so close to the WP that all monsters should already be loaded/spawned when you port into the map.

I've rerolled amazing hut layout LK maps simply because monsters always spawned in a hut and were significantly slowing down my runs and pissing me off in general.

I'd also be interested in hearing what other folks have to say about this. In my experience it's not about path but instead it's about your map seed overall - but that might be because a good LK layout has huts so close to the WP that all monsters should already be loaded/spawned when you port into the map.

I've rerolled amazing hut layout LK maps simply because monsters always spawned in a hut and were significantly slowing down my runs and pissing me off in general.
I tried to influence monster spawning using different movement patterns as @coju suggested, to no avail. I ended up ditching a totally fine but crowded LK map and rolled a quieter one.

Reactions: Triple Helix

Agreed. I had the same thing happen earlier this year. And when running hardcore characters, it quickly got to the point where rerolling a new map was my only option.

I've got a question.

CTH is capped at 95% and there is also block of the monsters.

How does it work with ITD and always hit physical attacks? Does ITD actually mean 100% CTH on normal monsters or is it capped at 95% as well same question with stuff like Smite, always as in always or always as in 95% always?

I also assume nothing pierces monster block?

Last edited:
Hey guys, quick question here
I found a +3 LS white feral claws in cow level, and i was wondering 2 things :
1- Is new plague runeword available on single player ? I read in a few places that it was ladder only, is that true ?
2- if plague is available, could it be worth to try a plague runeword in this base ? It could give a +5 LS claws, with chance to proc lower resist

What do you think ?

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
Sounds like an interesting idea… I’ve made some of the “ladder only” runewords in offline SP but not “Plague” specifically.

Last edited:
Reactions: gregth
Sounds like an interesting idea… I’ve made some of the “ladder only” runewords in offline SP but not “Plague” specifically.
Thx, which one have you tried, The flickering flame maybe ?
Yeah it sounds interesting, +5/6 LS claws are among these items that I would love to have but are so hard to get.
Not that Cham is easy (I never found on in my d2 career) but it should be much more findable
Another idea that I saw was to use plague on +3 phoenix strike claws, which looks very good as well (maybe lower resist proc is more realistic on a phoenix striker build than a LS build? I'm not sure)

I have made a few lower level ones like “Unbending Will,” but the most useful so far was “Wisdom” helm for my Furyzon. CBF + 33% piercing attack meant I could lose Ravenfrost and Razortail and use Thundergods. Honestly half a dozen of one and six of the other compared to Shako/Razortail/Rfrost set up I was using before, but it worked well and looked a lot cooler in a diadem. No “Flickering Flame” yet, though I have been looking for a base.

Last edited:
Reactions: gregth
@gregth I think that's a super awesome idea actually. Compare to a +5 LS magic claw with 2 sockets, depending on what your ias is, the sockets in the claws can be used for a wide variety of things like ias, mf, or resists. You still get 20 ias with plague, plus cleansing. imo cleansing is about the only thing that matters on it. You're not getting hit tons on a trapper so imo the lower resist is kinda worthless.

Overall I'd say it'd be a good utility item on a dual claw trapper. Get another +5 magic claw with 2 sockets and you'll be set. I kinda want to try it out on my trapper, I basically am only sacrificing some MF on my offhand claw to snatch cleansing which is pretty nifty.

Last edited:
@gregth I think that's a super awesome idea actually. Compare to a +5 LS magic claw with 2 sockets, depending on what your ias is, the sockets in the claws can be used for a wide variety of things like ias, mf, or resists. You still get 20 ias with plague, plus cleansing. imo cleansing is about the only thing that matters on it. You're not getting hit tons on a trapper so imo the lower resist is kinda worthless.

Overall I'd say it'd be a good utility item on a dual claw trapper. Get another +5 magic claw with 2 sockets and you'll be set. I kinda want to try it out on my trapper, I basically am only sacrificing some MF on my offhand claw to snatch cleansing which is pretty nifty.
thx for the answer ; also, maybe i can put some more effort into searching a better base via weapon rack. I guess it's not as hard to get +3 LS and other useful staffmods, than finding magical +5 LS + other staffmods

i really want to try it so I hope i can find a cham someday 'soon' since I've recently started farming Travincal seriously.
but then I still need a +5LS magic claws ...
Would a combo Plague + spirit be decent in the midtime ?

Reactions: NorthDakota
Since Lower Resist is casted when struck, Plague is currently quite popular on a Frenzy Hireling.
He is always in front taking tons of hits so that Lower Resist will trigger often without having to throw your own char into battle and generally mess around to make it trigger.

thx for the answer ; also, maybe i can put some more effort into searching a better base via weapon rack. I guess it's not as hard to get +3 LS and other useful staffmods, than finding magical +5 LS + other staffmods

i really want to try it so I hope i can find a cham someday 'soon' since I've recently started farming Travincal seriously.
but then I still need a +5LS magic claws ...
Would a combo Plague + spirit be decent in the midtime ?
I used a hoto for a long time which is great but you need to use burst of speed for sure with it otherwise you need like 90 ias to reach 9 frame trap laying speed.

a +5 plague feral claw beats hoto soundly imo just more skills and cleansing and so sexy. The only thing you're losing is some resists but you should be able to fix that up in some other ways.

With a feral claw, you need 63 ias to reach 9 frame trap laying (with no burst of speed, if you want to use fade instead) and using burst of speed you don't have to worry about attack speed at all.

A benefit to dual claws is claw block. claw block is insane, it's maybe the strongest defensive skill in the game, better than regular block because you block spells as well. I don't even bother with resists on my dual claw assassin because she just doesn't die anyways. In the meantime, going spirit is just fine. The dual +5 setup is insanely rough to get (I shopped for like 40 hours at anya, it sucked)

A feral claw isn't ideal... but it's fine imo. -20 wsm. Ideally you want a greater talons or runic talons as they are -30 wsm. Greater talons are the best because the requirements are the lowest meaning you can get the most vitality. Ultimately these are optimizations, they're not make-or-break. Feral claws will work just fine. Just depends on how long you want to hunt for bases. To find white +3 greater talons you're hoping for a stroke of luck and quite some time looking out for them, or you're going to have to rack for them.

I've only ever found 2 chams so I wish you the best of luck :geek: I feel like I've farmed trav so much it's unreal. I want to see the claw!! Go go farm

Last edited:
@NorthDakota
That's a very detailed answer here ; I almost never played assassin so i learned a lot here, thank you :)
so far Travincal has given me nothing better than one Lo in ~20 hours farming, so i think i'll make it a long-term goal. If i can ever find a Cham, i would definitely put some effort into finding a better base !

For now I'll continue a bit on travincal and as soon as I lose my hope to get a Cham I will try a regular Hoto + spirit so i can give a try to assassin

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High