A Breath of Fresh Air ... A New Item Find Thread

This post needs a little context...

If you've ever stumbled upon the SPF Goals & Objectives thread, you might have noticed that I have the sadistic tendency to set some excrutiating goals for my D2 adventures, in the interest of keeping...my interest :D

Fortunately I have also been blessed with a creative mind that helps me create 'mini-games' to distract myself from some of the more time-consuming goals. With this in mind, it was no surprise that after dozens upon dozens of hours pursuing one particular goal in lower kurast, I would inevitably come up with a mini-game to help give me the extra push to keep clicking those racks...

Introduce Sacred Targe Bingo! As what I thought would be a seemingly simple goal of racking a @45 eth sacred targe became an increasingly frustrating nightmare, I decided to 'entertain' myself by making a 7x7 bingo card with spots for every possible resistance roll that could spawn. I thought surely I would get a 'Bingo' before finding that shiny @45...

Boy was I wrong!

Dozens upon dozens and possibly well into the hundreds of hours later...I had 3 'bingos' and a scorecard which was getting depressingly full...Even the few spots on the card where I had to reuse a number to fill it up were getting crossed out, so seeing an eth sacred targe drop was rapidly returning into a dissappointing feeling :(

As this grind was beginning to sap the joy out of the game for me, I decided to set this goal aside for at least a few months...after just one more drop of course.

And there it was!!

1712664684693.png

And for those interested, here is what the final scorecard looked like (note that one of the numbers that I repeated was in fact 45 - sick joke from the random number generator I guess...)

Welp, thanks for reading!

1712664252278.png

If you've ever stumbled upon the SPF Goals & Objectives thread, you might have noticed that I have the sadistic tendency to set some excrutiating goals for my D2 adventures, in the interest of keeping...my interest :D

Fortunately I have also been blessed with a creative mind that helps me create 'mini-games' to distract myself from some of the more time-consuming goals. With this in mind, it was no surprise that after dozens upon dozens of hours pursuing one particular goal in lower kurast, I would inevitably come up with a mini-game to help give me the extra push to keep clicking those racks...

Introduce Sacred Targe Bingo! As what I thought would be a seemingly simple goal of racking a @45 eth sacred targe became an increasingly frustrating nightmare, I decided to 'entertain' myself by making a 7x7 bingo card with spots for every possible resistance roll that could spawn. I thought surely I would get a 'Bingo' before finding that shiny @45...

Boy was I wrong!

Dozens upon dozens and possibly well into the hundreds of hours later...I had 3 'bingos' and a scorecard which was getting depressingly full...Even the few spots on the card where I had to reuse a number to fill it up were getting crossed out, so seeing an eth sacred targe drop was rapidly returning into a dissappointing feeling :(

As this grind was beginning to sap the joy out of the game for me, I decided to set this goal aside for at least a few months...after just one more drop of course.

And there it was!!

And for those interested, here is what the final scorecard looked like (note that one of the numbers that I repeated was in fact 45 - sick joke from the random number generator I guess...)

That's hilarious, at least you got bingo a few times too! And here I am sitting with an Exile in a 39 all res eth kurast shield like a total loser :LOL: Congrats on the find!

Reactions: ziambe

Boy was I wrong!

And there it was!!

Oooooooh, I'm jealous now! 🤑

Do 1.07 eth armors get an additional +50% ed like weapons do? If so, I might have to switch to LK racking in 1.07 from Pit runs in 1.14d. My goal is a 40+ all res eth elite pally shield, cube socketed for 4 sockets.

Oooooooh, I'm jealous now! 🤑

Do 1.07 eth armors get an additional +50% ed like weapons do? If so, I might have to switch to LK racking in 1.07 from Pit runs in 1.14d. My goal is a 40+ all res eth elite pally shield, cube socketed for 4 sockets.
Dont hold your breath...they get the same 50% bonus ed as eth item armor in any patch, but its not an experience i would recommend -just dont forget your bingo card :p

Reactions: snickersnack
Dont hold your breath...they get the same 50% bonus ed as eth item armor in any patch, but its not an experience i would recommend -just dont forget your bingo card :p
Well, I plan on making an Exile in D2R, so every bit of defense counts. Thanks for confirming what I was sort-of sure was right. :)

I've been doing 0mf pit runs with my fishymancer. The runs are fine, but they kind of make me wish Enigma had no MF... using Naj's is a bit of a hassle.

@snickersnack So you are planning to rack and e-bug a base for Exile?

1.07/1.08 bases get less defense compared to 1.09-> bases after extra ED is added after e-bugging. I made a test for this in 1.09 thread. Here. Formulas to calculate the def are posted earlier in that thread and originally in 1.08 thread by @art_vandelay.

m4ke

1.07/1.08 bases get less defense compared to 1.09-> bases after extra ED is added after e-bugging. I made a test for this in 1.09 thread. Here. Formulas to calculate the def are posted earlier in that thread and originally in 1.08 thread by @art_vandelay.

m4ke
What remains unclear is why I was able to rack 100+ sacred targes in 1.09 and never see above 35 @res or 50+% ED%...

In other news, yesterday was insanely fruitful and it all began with the search for a reaper's toll from ole Mephy which I need for 1.10s. Later, a plain and simplre ravenfrost was on the menu from Andy. And as simple as these treasures were, both decided to shower me with a host of other fine things:
1713091459696.png

+1 perfect grail
1713091489025.png

+2 perfect grail?!?!
1713091763053.png
(50 - 100% ED)
(15-20 PDR)
(10-16 MDR)
Wowzers!

sweet jesus
1713091509955.png

+1 eth grail (dont ask me how I didnt have this)
1713091533782.png
1713091549392.png

Hubba hubba :O
1713091594246.png
Just gimme a ravenfrost already, haha
1713091640760.png

And today back to 1.07 Trav
1713091666006.png

Some 1.2k LK:

Screenshot (20).png

Along with a Mal, Ist, 2x Gul. A bit of cubing and made this:

Code:
Fortitude 
Archon Plate 
ElSolDolLo 
Defense: 1557 
Durability: 38 of 60 
Required Level: 63 
Required Strength: 103 
Fingerprint: 0x5fde0b42 
Item Level: 85 
Version: Resurrected 
20% Chance to cast level 15 Chilling Armor when struck 
+25% Faster Cast Rate 
300% Enhanced Damage 
+200% Enhanced Defense 
+15 Defense 
+92 to Life (Based on Character Level) 
Replenish Life +7 
+5% to Maximum Lightning Resist 
All Resistances +29 
Damage Reduced by 7 
12% Damage Taken Goes To Mana 
+1 to Light Radius 
4 Sockets (4 used)

Lowest roll possible on the +life, but its minor.

m4ke
I had considered it only with the possibility of getting more total defense, so this is good info. Thanks! I'll keep doing pit runs in 1.14d or possibly do some racking there.

I found this newly found "go away" weapon mildly interesting.

Beast Claw
Wrist Sword
One Hand Damage: 34 - 82
Durability: 38 of 56
Required Level: 46
Required Strength: 105
Required Dexterity: 105
Fingerprint: 0x928b0324
Item Level: 88
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+37 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+121 to Attack Rating
+1237 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)
Adds 1 - 10 Lightning Damage
Adds 21 Poison Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
+1 to Shadow Warrior (Assassin Only)
+2 to Fade (Assassin Only)
Hit Causes Monster to Flee 100%

Perhaps it could have a use on weaponswitch with blade fury on some annoying monsters. Or even as a "why can't everybody just leave me alone" solution in combo with a Chaos claw whirl. :)

Welcome aboard D2R, @drmalawi ! Overall, I think it’s been a great addition/refresher to D2. Terror Zones are a game-changer for the grind to level 99.

First cold sunder charm had perfect roll. That is cool ❄️
1713345745309.png
More cold items, nightwings veil.. ethereal :( It is a grailer for me, only 13 S/U items left (well I guess I have to include all sunder charms now, I have found 4 of them and there are 8 in total?)
1713346150786.png1713346133902.png

Last edited:
@drmalawi there are 6 Sunder charms. Fire, Light, Cold, PsN, Physical, Magic. Fire, cold, light, PsN range -(70-90)...Physical 10-20, Magic -(45-65)

Reactions: drmalawi
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High