2024 Spring RFL Sign-Up and Running Thread: Round 1 (Areas)

I started my set this weekend with about 5 hours clocked in the Arcane Sanctuary. Using my ES Nova Sorc on the flat path only. Definitely easier in D2R than D2LoD with double Nova damage and Mana Burn bug fixed.
Can the wraith still drop outside (into outer space)?

Edit: because that is what is slowing me down, having to reposition so that they are above ground before one can electrocute them ⚡⚡⚡

Last edited:
I got another 2.5 hours into my set last night and scored qualifiers #4 and #5. Yay! Then I did a quick 30 minutes this morning over my coffee break and landed another qualifier. Double yay! :love: Can't believe the rune luck I've had during RFL. I still have 8 hours to go to make 20 total--I wonder what else I might find! :unsure:

Can the wraith still drop outside (into outer space)?

Edit: because that is what is slowing me down, having to reposition so that they are above ground before one can electrocute them ⚡⚡⚡

I try to position myself over the larger platforms and not the narrow pathways- I find that minimizes the specters going over the void. Especially important when near an elbow or "T" junction.

I try to position myself over the larger platforms and not the narrow pathways- I find that minimizes the specters going over the void. Especially important when near an elbow or "T" junction.

That is a good strategy. Does that mean that the answer to my question is "yes" then?

Edit: I might transfer over my fire sorc and do cows in D2R for Round 2. Seems fun

Last edited:
That is a good strategy. Does that mean that the answer to my question is "yes" then?

Edit: I might transfer over my fire sorc and do cows in D2R for Round 2. Seems fun
You havent tried killing one in space yet? Im surprised because its pretty easy to do it accidentally. Yes you can kill wraiths in space but they don't drop anything, unfortunately. I think I heard something about Project Diablo 2 fixing it so they drop loot on nearby ground, which is neat but probably will never happen in D2R.

Anyway I just finished what will likely be my only batch for round one. Had exactly 5 rune candidates drop over the time period... until the last 10 minutes when I found another! Crazy timing. Definitely found some other good stuff on the way but was focusing on killing stuff on players 7 in high level areas. Last 5 or so hours I finally went back to my nova sorc and leveled her up to 89 so I could equip a +2 sorc skill 10fcr crafted ammy. I had tried self-wield Infinity before and wasn't as impressed, but I didn't have Griffons Eye at the time either. Now with all the right gear it absolutely wrecked some great rune hunting areas like arcane sanctuary where i was able to get a couple candidates. Looking forward to trying her out in Cows in the next round. Good luck to everybody finishing up!

Reactions: little birdy
I do not even own D2R... I did my AS round in 1.14
Ah ok I get you, yeah I wish they had changed it in D2R as it would be nice for quality of life but unfortunately not. I guess it does make you have to be careful and introduces some (annoying) strategy. And it also makes some sense, if you killed them in space those juicy items are now floating around somewhere in the shadow realm. I wonder if I have any high runes out there somewere 🥹

Reactions: drmalawi
12 hours into my set now with a total of 7 qualifiers. Managed to snag this nice grailer during last hour's terrorized runs:

Screenshot056.png

I should be able to finish this set over the next few days. Good luck to everyone still running!

Yes, it's the same in D2R.

Update:
I'm about 12 hours into the set, should finish the full 20 by this weekend.

5 hours to go in my set. I got my 7th qualifier today. It won't actually count towards the final score, but nice to see another rune drop in any case :D

I will try to focus on the Summoner and Nihlathak to finish off the set. I need their Keys. And you never know when you'll get lucky with runes! I think there are some TZ times for those areas later in the week that will work for me. That's a bonus.

Well the last 10 days wasn't what I expected and have only gotten in 6 hours. No qualifiers (Lum the highest). I did find a nice Vampire gaze and a BKWB. Not sure I can get 20 hours in but will try,

Yeah. After Round 1 is done (Sunday) we have to PM our scores to PhineasB. Then he makes the results thread once all the scores have been sent in. Then we can share our screenshots and stuff.
oh I somehow messed up the 17 days of running with meaning "17th April" :eek: :p

• Haha
Reactions: little birdy
No need for a PM from me. 13 hours and zero qualifiers. I think the RNG thought I was in the MFO and not the RFL. Besides the
Vamp Gaze and BKWB I found an Oculus, an Arkaines Valor, an Andarial Visage and an IK Stone Crusher.

16h in, nothing in the last 5 hours other than some whites that may be used for future projects.
It is going to be tight, but I may finish the 20h.

Sorry for being an absentee host, all. I've had a real busy time at work, plus a weekend away and then another tied up with little time to play. I'm not even 10 hours in at this point, so definitely won't complete a full set. I'll also plan to post Round 2 sign up this evening and then aim to get Round 1 results posted Monday after work. Good luck to everyone still running and thanks to those who've PMed results or posted here that they won't have a score.

Round1 completed with 16 hours.
Work was busier than expected and didn't get to finish the set as I initially hoped.
Results sent.

Good luck to those still on Sunday!

Reactions: PhineasB
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High