2022 Spring RFL Sign-Up and Running Thread: Round 1 (Moo Moo Farm)

Even more pro move: run in self-MP, where host is sorc who teleblitzes to grab the leg & opens portal, but never goes in, while runner is Zon who gleefully murders the cow king...every...single...run... :D

of course, I'm playing 1.07 where you have to self-MP to get more than /p1....

WoRG

6 hours into the set. 2 qualifiers, 2 TC 87 items, and some other note worthy MF drops. 2 skillers as well. Needing the next 14 hours to go just as well, if it keeps up the 2 qualifiers per 6 hours I'll have 6 nice runes to work with on some Twinked HC characters.

Good luck all, stay safe and happy hunting

Reactions: Zyr
Hi Jamie! yes, the basic S&E and game load times count toward running total. If you take a pause between runs for muling, etc., that time doesn't count though.

I've been playing where I do a run. Add the time up for that run and then go to GoMule and move stuff off. Basically a slow method. I'm using the clock/timer and getting as close to on the dot as I can. I'm a very, very slow player, so I don't think I am going to hurt anyone on my times. My first four runs are 15, 11, 10 and 14 minutes in that order.

So I start the time as soon as I join the game and then once I leave the game, I mark down my run time on my notebook for that run and usually go to GoMule, because I pick a ton of things up and identify basically anything that can be extremely good, although extremely rare chances for it. I am picking up Flawless Rubies and Amethysts and any viable rare, all ethereal rares and occasionallty blues that can spawn good character mods or like a Monarch, Tiara, Diadem, etc.

Is what I am doing okay? I'm not doing a running clock on the main menu page, but I'm not joining back in immediately either. Also you can clearly see I am going to average 80-100 runs over 20 hours, so I'm not going to be pushing the top time limits, LOL. I am just casually doing Cows and figured in case I find a HR, Cows never pan out for me, I can share it here.

Please let me know if I need to change my ways, because I am currently and thought just timing start of game to end of game was what I needed to do. And so far, I'm not speed running, so I take at least somewhat of a break after every run to move things around or just because I am a slow player. Maybe I'll adopt a speed run session where I cycle through games quickly and then I'll keep a running clock if I am going game after game after game without any rests or constant GoMule sessions. If I do that, I will keep the time running until I close D2 and use GoMule when needed, if I get a good pattern down, stop picking up everything and actually get the flow down after realizing I want to speed grind.

Right now, I just very rarely go from one game to the next instantly. And if I did, I would add that time to it as it would just be a negligible amount of time. Right now, I am wasting a ton of time between games, even when I don't go to GoMule, I tend to take a break, look at the TV or phone and then get back into a game with a minute or two break. So I didn't think that time was really necessary to add, since I am not actually doing anything helpful to my running.

And I know rules are rules and I never want to cheat and I hate unfair competition, but my 15 minute runs probably aren't scaring people off, lmao. I just don't think I am really cheating, as I take time to write down my time and check the comparison to others, regroup, often GoMule and I feel I am not actually a part of the runs while i am doing all of this.

I guess if you could tell me exactly how you want me to do it or if you are okay with what I am currently doing, that'd make me feel better to know I am not doing something wrong! Thanks! And if/when I get comfortable enough to start speed running and leaving a one in a million chance items on teh ground, I will just keep a running timer going, assuming you are okay with my current time keeping until then.

Last edited:
playing 1.14 and my merc killed the cow king. So, my fishyzon is done. She had found no qualifiers after 2 hours. Do I start the next block of 20 hours with another character or do just pick up with the new character with 18 hours left?

@Jamie - what you describe sounds fine because you're pausing between each game. Hopefully you take a picture of that note pad and post it :LOL:

@LouB - you start at 18 hours when you begin running with the next character. It's no problem to switch up between characters in a set, whether voluntarily or otherwise. Bummer on the Cow King

Reactions: Jamie
A little less than 5 hours in, only one qualifier, but its 1.07, so be afeared!! :devilish:

Only good non-qualifers to speak of have been charms (plus a bunch of jewels for crafting), but I've been pretty strict about picking much, so that's not surprising...

I stopped because my level-sitters hit clvl95, and I have a project in mind for them, so I needed new ones... I've been itching to rush a couple packs of HF rushees since I finally got my network fully operational again a couple days ago... it was easy enough to add this in, and it was a nice little break from Moo..Mooo....MooMooMoo...Mooooo :p

I'll be back at it tomorrow, but in the meantime, I also got a nice non-qualifying rune in 1.14 :p

WoRG

Reactions: Zyr and Miron
Last edited:
:D

It's all luck anyway guys, take it easy! In terms of expectation management, you can feel slightly optimistic about winning once you dropped two Zods. RFL history has shown that nothing else is anywehre near a safe bet. :) And even that doesn't guarantee the win if @WoRG gets his 1.07 mojo going!

EDIT:

Almost 5 hours in now, only 3 qualifiers so far. Since my Necro candidates are either tied up in PvP duties or have killed the cow king, I picked up Nova/ES Sorc again and don't regret it. So fun yet easy going gameplay, love the build for cow running. Going with an Eschuta's setup (instead CM) this time around.

Recorded two runs below. First one is a bit weird, but the second run is a good example of my game plan with her, in terms of herding and positioning.

Last edited:
Why not don't you know that if you collect enough of them you can eventually make a Zod!:ROFLMAO:

I'm not setting any speed records so I pick em all up, that way I will at least have something to show for 20 hours of fun. 3 1/2 hours in and no qualifiers. I've got 20 runes the highest of which is an Io and 14 set and uniques with a Bonehew being the best by far. Hopefully this will change SOON!!!

Reactions: D2DC
Why not don't you know that if you collect enough of them you can eventually make a Zod!:ROFLMAO:
I'm used to playing 1.07 where any Tir or crafting rune makes you stop everything, shop, and contemplate your place in the universe.

14 hours completed...still sitting with the same 2 qualifiers from the first 6 hours. The set/unique drops have been nice though. 2 Shakos, Steel Piler, Eschuta's, Occy, Cow Kings Armor, Lacerator, Horizon's, 20dex/170AR Raven, and Waterwalks are the highlights among others. Screenshots of the loot and stuff will come at the end of the set. I won't post the runes til the end of the round. Hoping the last 6 hours goes better than the last 8 have. RnG Please be good!

Halfway there ...

So far I'm quite pleased with my decision to go with my would-be-UT99er Lightning Sorceress.

In the first hour I found:
164.png
Her last outstanding exceptional unique item! What a weird place to come across it ...

And third time's the charm?
165.png
166.png
Yes it is! Now what are the odds I can find the other two pieces in the last ten hours ...

She also closed out her elite bow grail with an Eaglehorn Crusader Bow, and a Widowmaker Ward Bow (strange that she got Windforce first eh? ... I guess that's what happens when you don't spend much time at Mephisto).

So far I've found three qualifiers. Here's hoping that I can make it to five!

Edit:

At 10 hours and 49 minutes:
167.png
Woohoo! One piece left to go! This might happen ...

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High