2022 Spring RFL Sign-Up and Running Thread: Round 1 (Moo Moo Farm)

LF zon & Bliz sorc for cows. Probably my zerker again for round 2, but I might try a zealot or avenger if I can figure out how to properly gear and drive him. Not yet sure what I will do for round 3.

Wow, how time flies! Round 1 has already started in some places and less than a day away here on the US West Coast.

Looking forward to seeing results and posts on progress and non-qualifiers. Good luck to all, and happy running! :)

I'll try to find 1.07 CK Boots. And the Puzzler.

-------------------------
Vildecor
Excalibur [D2R]
WoRG [1.07 HC]
ffs
Nano
Babyhell
art_vandelay [1.09b, 1.14d]
D2DC
Swamigoon
Gripphon
Kstil3227 [D2R]
maxicek
Pb_pal
Miron [D2R]
nepeta [1.14d]
HanShotFirst [D2R]
Silvio415 [1.14d]
LouB [1.14]
m4ke [1.07]

I'd like to give this a try. As far as time keeping, I was going to use a physical or phone timer but starting and stopping between each run, when the game is closed, seems illogical. Any suggestions would be cool, lol.

For Cows, I'll be using my LF Javazon. Typical setup, Eth 18X/9 Titan's and one of the best Amulets I've ever found are the highlights on her.

For Trav, I'll be using my Zealdin.

Is LK an option for the 3rd area? Or does it have to be killing actual monsters? If so, I'll probably run CS and will either get a Hammerdin around, use my Blizz Sorc or stack my Bowzon.

Vildecor
Excalibur [D2R]
WoRG [1.07 HC]
ffs
Nano
Babyhell
art_vandelay [1.09b, 1.14d]
D2DC
Swamigoon
Gripphon
Kstil3227 [D2R]
maxicek
Pb_pal
Miron [D2R]
nepeta [1.14d]
HanShotFirst [D2R]
Silvio415 [1.14d]
LouB [1.14]
m4ke [1.07]
Jamie [1.14d]

Last edited:
@nulio - you can definitely join!

@Jamie - silos run counter is an option, linked here in the SPF Community thread. But I generally use a timer and a notepad - time each session (pausing if I take a short break) and then track on notepad length of each session so I don’t need to worry about keeping timer going up to 20 hours over several weeks. Others may have other approaches.

Anyone using Silospen's run counter with D2R be aware that it does odd things due to D2Rs saving pattern.
I don't know if this changed at some point in the D2R patches. D2R seems to save on the character screen, as well as when you exit the game. I haven't precisely mapped this out yet, but you can see it if you watch the run counter whilst you play. Setting the save increment to 2 seems to fix this. For cow runs it may need to be set higher due to the normally longer runs.

Moooo! Giddy-awp, zonny-girl! Bring in the herd, and toss them there lightning sticks at 'em!

<insert witty competitive smack-talk here>

Reactions: PhineasB
Gogogo everyone!

Oh my, haven't even prep'ed a single character yet in either D2L or D2R.

Think I'll go with 1.14 and PN Necro for the first round. After all cows aren't bad for crafting materials and charms and thus potential upgrades for PvP chars... however slim the chances. We'll see about the other RFL rounds.

MOOOoooooo!
pc1rdm-2.jpg

@PhineasB Does that mean that the time in between runs, exiting and joining a new game, gets added onto the total time? Is that how it is supposed to be? Or do you just consider the short down time negligible?

Didn't have enough time to get a D2R character decently equipped for Cows, so it's 1.14d Necro time. It's been a while since I've played 1.14d, hopefully the D2R QoL habits aren't too strong..

Reactions: PhineasB
@PhineasB Does that mean that the time in between runs, exiting and joining a new game, gets added onto the total time? Is that how it is supposed to be? Or do you just consider the short down time negligible?
Hi Jamie! yes, the basic S&E and game load times count toward running total. If you take a pause between runs for muling, etc., that time doesn't count though.

Pro moves: Respec'ing and equipping a Necro in about the same time as it took to then kill the cow king while looking for a decent map.

Guess I'll just go with Nova Sorc. :D

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High